Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: Help needed

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello everyone. I have a party that I'm djing this Saturday night. And I would like to know what type of music do you guys play for the first 1-1.5 hrs? You know, people are at the bar, checking out the sights, bobbing their heads, listening to good music but not dancing per say. Any help is always appreciated.

Syberman

Mensajes Mon 24 Aug 09 @ 1:00 pm
There really is no one generic answer to this question. More details need to be provided before I could really help you out. Demographics, type of music expected, etc. I usually play new stuff at the beginning and other old favorites but I save the bangin' stuff until after 11 PM.

DJ RuDe

Mensajes Mon 24 Aug 09 @ 1:51 pm
bywardPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I agree with DJ RuDe. It really depends on the bar you're playing in, and the crowd that is there. One of my regular gigs is usually the 19-25 yr old crowd, but last week when I arrived it was mainly the 40-50 yr old crowd there. I ended up playing classic rock for the first hour or so until the young crowd started filtering in.

Normally, I play 90s and 200s rock for the first hour or so, and then start with newer urban/chart/dance. It all depends on the crowd though.

Mensajes Mon 24 Aug 09 @ 2:21 pm
It's a semi-classy fundraiser. The age group is 25 on up. The girl told me that all the monies raised at the door and bar will go to the charity and she told me that she wants the guests to drink alot and dance. I told her that I have the songs that will make people shake their booty, lol. I just don't want to start too strong, I want to ease into it. Do you know what I mean?

Syberman

Mensajes Mon 24 Aug 09 @ 3:53 pm
Yes, I do know what you mean and that's the way you do it. Just kind of ease into the night with some new stuff and kind of feel out the people and make judgments based on the demographic. Get them up to a dance a bit, then change it up some so they go get another drink and then repeat. No bar or club owner want s the crowd to dance all night. Slow songs, contrary to what the patron believes are meant to get people off of the dance floor and to the bar.

After about eleven you can play your best stuff, just remember to slow it down here and there to get them off to the bar.

DJ RuDe

Mensajes Mon 24 Aug 09 @ 7:46 pm
So do I start the night with Minimal House or just House. Just to get the mood right?

Syberman

Mensajes Mon 24 Aug 09 @ 8:12 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
If the customer told you no one will be dancing, just enjoying a cocktail or two, play cocktail music. Just like a wedding DJ would. Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, maybe a little Richard Cheese. Things people will enjoy, but are not part of the "dance" program.

Mensajes Mon 24 Aug 09 @ 10:00 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)