Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: Pre-Sales Queston

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been answered before but I am looking for a viable alternative to SAM broadcaster and wondered wether this would do the job?

My only reservation is that we use shoutcast to broadcast and I cant see anywhere that says VDJ has shoutcast capabilites...

Any help would be appreciated.

cheers all

KC Hall

Mensajes Tue 08 Sep 09 @ 3:13 pm

VDJ works super good with shoutcast.
Its whats used at http://radio.virtualdj.com (runs on shoutcast server)

And VirtualDJ is a very good alternative to SAM broadcaster, for those who want to do live radio mixing sets.

Mensajes Wed 09 Sep 09 @ 6:12 am
Thanks for the reply!

Ok, I have been looking at the home edition - would that also do for what I want? Its just straight forward broadcasting - I wouldnt need the video capabilities nor the external hardware support that you get in the pro edition.

So long as I can use the "Master + Mic" option in the broadcast config section and can stream to shoutcast I am set....

What you rekon?

thanks again

Mensajes Thu 10 Sep 09 @ 1:32 am

Yap thats all you need ;)

Not 100% sure the home edition supports broadcast, but if you saw that, with the master + mic option etc.. then it does ;)

And would be all you need to do a live radio mix on internet yes :)

Mensajes Fri 11 Sep 09 @ 8:27 am
SeanehHome userMember since 2006
If you are wanting to use headphones to cue your music and a mic wouldn't you need something like a RMX??

Thanks

Mensajes Wed 21 Oct 09 @ 7:45 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
No ;-)

If you mix only with keyboard and mouse, you can also do some mic work during a stream with the Home Edition.
Only your soundcard should be able to handle the needed issues.

Haui

Mensajes Wed 21 Oct 09 @ 9:29 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)