Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Iphone App... - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

AviryPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Nothing could be more cool then to have an application on your iphone/ipod that can control some features in VDJ...

Personally i have touchosc in my iphone and an application converting osc to midi on my comp.
only problem with that is the latency issue which is really high.
If it can be done some other way (blue-tooth or something)... it can be soooo useful and such a great gimmick.

examples of what you can do with it:
1. drum machine (Smaples)
2. controlling your auto playlist when away for some reason.
3. showing of...

no other software has it too.

So, what do you guys think?

Mensajes Sat 02 Jan 10 @ 3:32 am
cerriexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i do this with VNC remote desktop.. u can scratch too :P

Mensajes Sun 03 Jan 10 @ 9:47 am
Hi!
Yes, it should be wery nice to use VirtualDJ in the iPHONE and skip the compjuter!

Best regards,
/karrobarro

Mensajes Sun 10 Jan 10 @ 7:20 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I've done it from Windows Mobile, using a WM app and VDJ plugin I wrote so it's easy enough for someone to do.

Mensajes Sun 10 Jan 10 @ 10:39 am
Nothing could be more cool then to have an application on your iphone/ipod that can control some features in VDJ...

Personally i have touchosc in my iphone and an application converting osc to midi on my comp.
only problem with that is the latency issue which is really high.
If it can be done some other way (blue-tooth or something)... it can be soooo useful and such a great gimmick.
?

haven't tried using VNC but thats pretty interesting.

Check out http://www.itouchmidi.com/.
They have a few apps that you can map each to do different things with effects, control and effects - or pick your favorite functions and set it up.
can be used with an adhoc wifi network or with a wifi router

Mensajes Sun 10 Jan 10 @ 8:52 pm
I talked about this on day one . the transfer is not hard to do , just limit the features so that people get the idea and get to play and then link to the main site. Use it as a promo for new users. I want one of you to make a application for I phone that does visualations and uses the phone mic to adjust the video and charge change and let it use any of the winamp or sonic featuers .This way i can use my virtual dj for just spinning massive amounts of tunes.

Mensajes Fri 22 Jan 10 @ 7:30 pm
PezmcPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Did we discover the best way to control VDJ with iPhone, I'm thinking a MIDI interface app for it. Unless anyone knows better?!?

Mensajes Sat 23 Jan 10 @ 6:58 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
+1 BUT, Realistically, there is no good reason to scratch from your iPhone/iTouch when you are away from your computer, or use it like a controler.

You really just need some simple tools to manage your auto play list (search and add), see current status and maybe adjust volume (maybe) while you are away for many reasons (P break, dance, getting details to run the show, etc). It would be nice to take requests while greeting guests, like the bride, groom and thier family or turning it down a bit for grandma.

Seeing as how many of the old school DJs don't view anybody that owns/uses an iPod as a DJ, I think the future for this feature is grim. Most people who do want to use thier "i whatever" device to scratch and remotely control thier eniter show (for whatever reason) are giving the "real DJs" even more reason to laugh at those of us that do own these devices, and would really like to use them for the helpful tool that they can be.

VNC is a solution, but it requires a server app on you DJ machine. A better idea would be a remote desktop app for the "i device" that will do everything VNC does with no server app to install on your PC AND it locks your computer when you log in so that guests can't mess up your show when you are not looking. I have tried this and it is medocore at best, but it is still easier to walk back to your PC. Which lets face it, if this is not a simple management tool that is stable, why would you risk it? How far away could your PC really be when you are "running the show"?

I have tried to start production of this software in the past with a Mac developer but they did not have a clue how to interface the "i" app with VDJ. I am talking with another software developer as we speak. Unfortunately, he will have to learn the Apple side of things. The Mac developer has no intentions of talking with my new guy. He wants it all or nothing, so we will see, but it is a long way away if possible at all.

Mensajes Sat 23 Jan 10 @ 5:14 pm
I just set up an app called HippoRemote on my iPhone. It's a remote keyboard and mousepad app. They have three versions of it. I have only tried the free one so far. I have keyboard shortcuts set up in VDJ (which I already had set up just in case my USB mixer fails) and the HippoRemote lets me connect to my laptop via WiFi and the free WinVNC i downloaded from the apps website for my laptop.

I wasn't looking to be able to do everything from my iPhone. I just wanted to be able to do a few things, (ie: start a new song or raise and lower the gain) when having to step away from the system for a bathroom break or what have you. So far, this works great.

Mensajes Sat 13 Mar 10 @ 1:17 pm
Pykacz1Home userMember since 2010
But isn't the iphone screen too small for 2 decks, now an IPAD virtual dj edition would be much better, as the screen is bigger.

Mensajes Wed 17 Mar 10 @ 7:54 pm
Looks like its on the way judging VDJ setup...awaiting apples approval :-)

Mensajes Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 8:29 am
I've written an Android remote that I'm testing too :)

Mensajes Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 11:24 am
are there any plans to port the app to Symbian too??

I could help with any testing..

Mensajes Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 11:44 am
I don't have a Symbian device.

My Android remote is not the same as the VDJ iPhone app which is much much better. I've just written a basic control/monitoring app.

Mensajes Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 11:48 am
OH SCOTT YOU ARE THE MAN!! An android app is soooo needed!! Cant wait to check that out.

Huey

Mensajes Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 1:43 pm
Will help you test the driod app ;-)

Roy

Mensajes Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 6:38 pm
C&MAVPPRO InfinityMember since 2010
A great upgrade would be a feature where people in the audience can use their smart phone to look at your music, video and karaoke library and they can request songs. A small list window will pop up like the karaoke list in virtual 7 with the email and song request. Just like the karaoke next button that will automatically load the track it would do the same for request.

People will love it and it could be a great tool for us mobile guys to see what our audience want to hear.

This would be a huge ad on!!!

Mensajes Thu 21 Oct 10 @ 7:28 pm
I am looking forward to seeing the iPad and droid app..

Mensajes Sun 24 Oct 10 @ 8:01 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
joerace wrote :
A great upgrade would be a feature where people in the audience can use their smart phone to look at your music, video and karaoke library and they can request songs. A small list window will pop up like the karaoke list in virtual 7 with the email and song request. Just like the karaoke next button that will automatically load the track it would do the same for request.

People will love it and it could be a great tool for us mobile guys to see what our audience want to hear.

This would be a great useful feature to have especially for Karaoke & Song request..

+++

Joey....

Mensajes Sat 30 Oct 10 @ 8:50 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
joerace wrote :

It is not integrated into VDJ, but this can be done in iTunes already (the broswe library and request songs part) with iTunes remote and iTunes DJ. It is not the best but I use it for my house parties and on rare occasion, on my back up machine. They request songs there and I add it to VDJ when they pop up. The backup machine would not be connected to the speakers so it is safe.

Interesting addition to this thought is, I have found that for all that to happen, people have to know what app they need, get it installed and configured for your public network. I have to tell them all about it, what it is and how to use it, etc. Which is a pain at every show.

Everybody can text, so I made a Google Voice line that forwards to my cell phone. Then I post the Google # publically at shows and can recieve text requests from guests without the threat of my phone getting spammed later. I can manage and block spammers or I can always drop that Google # at any time if it gets too bad. Plus it saves all the numbers online for to to send "thank you" plugs in bulk online the next day from you Google Voice account.

It is free and way more simple, you should try it.

Mensajes Wed 03 Nov 10 @ 2:47 pm
69%