Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: sneek a peek

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

woud be good if you could somehow be playing a tune and could hear(cue) quickly and efficently what was comming up in 16 or 32 beats to hear for any vocals ect. then you wouldnt need to know your tunes so well and use tecnology to help. you could call the feature
"jump cue"

Mensajes Wed 10 Mar 10 @ 2:48 pm
First of all, a good dj would know their tunes.

However if you wanted to jump into the song, it is already possible use as a keyboard shortcut "seek +16" or "seek +32"

Mensajes Wed 10 Mar 10 @ 3:52 pm
You can gain most of this information by simply looking at the song overview waveform (The smaller seperate one for each deck) - For most songs you can clearly see the intro, outro and any breaks. You can also roughly judge how long these are as a percentage of the overall song length.

Mensajes Wed 10 Mar 10 @ 5:19 pm
First of all, a good dj would know their tunes.

However if you wanted to jump into the song, it is already possible use as a keyboard shortcut "seek +16" or "seek +32"

thanks and i 100% aggree with you about knowing your tunes but sometimes when you have new music might help

thanks for the "seek +16" or "seek +32" but this onlt jumps the song on the master i would like it to jump on the headphones not even sure how it could work as im asking for the master to stay the same but just a 32beat sneek on headphones even if you are halfway with the crossfader.

Mensajes Thu 11 Mar 10 @ 5:09 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The seek shortcuts will apply to whichever deck you run them against. So if you're not using a controller, you could map a key to "deck 1 seek +16" or "deck 2 seek +16" to control the relevant deck.

However, you can't seek a track that is playing without it seeking on the output; doing so sounds more like a recipe for disaster to me.

Mensajes Thu 11 Mar 10 @ 5:24 am
Right-click on the song and choose Preview.

This will play it in a small separate preview player, so you can then jump ahead to the relevant position.

Mensajes Thu 11 Mar 10 @ 12:15 pm
ruslinarchtw wrote :
woud be good if you could somehow be playing a tune and could hear(cue) quickly and efficently what was comming up in 16 or 32 beats to hear for any vocals ect. then you wouldnt need to know your tunes so well and use tecnology to help. you could call the feature
"jump cue"

When i used to go to Birthday party's, i always thought that the DJ somehow previewed the song he was playing a few seconds ahead of what was coming out of the speakers.

Its not untill i was older, went out 'clubbing' and realised its all down to the DJ him self.

Its a good idea in its self, But surely you would know what song you want to play next and how it would co-inside with the song your are playing?

Mensajes Fri 19 Mar 10 @ 6:09 pm
I'm not knocking your request but I think knowledge of your tracks ahead of time is a far better method than previewing on the fly. Whenever I import new tracks into VDJ I set cue points to make the song structure more 'mixable' and obvious. For example, if it's a house track I'll set a cue at the very beginning, then I'll set a cue point at the 'mix point' (i.e. at the end of the build-up or when the vocals kick in), then set another cue point 8 or 16 bars prior to the mix in point so I can see the window of opportunity to mix within. Then I'll set another 'mix out' cue point. It only takes a minute to do and once it's done I never have to do it again.

I think it's much better to be prepared ahead of time and know the song structure rather than trying to do it on-the-fly. Part of being a good DJ is knowledge of your tracks and when to mix them.

Mensajes Fri 19 Mar 10 @ 7:10 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)