Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Powerpoint . No, really, Powerpoint

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

ChrisBoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Ok, long explaination...

I want to be able to incorporate VDJ playback with powerpoint presentations.

It seems to be fairly well accepted that video doesn't work well in powerpoint and audio clips leave something to be desired.

Beyond DJing I've found VDJ an excellent way to facilitate playback at various types of presentations...
Imagine playing back for a dance recital or variety show, often with both audio and/or video selections coming together from various sources.

The problem is that clients will show up with a powerpoint presentation to throw into the mix.

The power of powerpoint is in advancing slides on demand and that almost anyone can create a powerpoint presentation.

So, here's my thought, could vdj hijack control of the external display but then offer powerpoint it's own "external monitor" so that as you needed to play non-powerpoint objects VDJ could handle that without interruption?

Does someone have another solution?
Remember.. the whole idea is to quickly load and incorporate someone else's presention without rendering it and/or giving up the control pp offers.

Mensajes Sat 20 Mar 10 @ 1:21 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Quote :
The power of powerpoint is in advancing slides on demand and that almost anyone can create a powerpoint presentation.

You can work around that if you convert the powerpoint to an avi, then set cue points for the advance points. I know it's not the same and it's not idea - but it works.

Quote :
So, here's my thought, could vdj hijack control of the external display but then offer powerpoint it's own "external monitor" so that as you needed to play non-powerpoint objects VDJ could handle that without interruption?

VDJ would have to implement a decent virtual display driver; thats not the smallest task in the world ;)

Mensajes Sat 20 Mar 10 @ 9:28 pm
ChrisBoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Yeah, the avi thing doesn't work when the come to you 5 minutes before a presentation with a ppt on a flash drive and say "can you play this.. oh, and can you play these cd tracks.. oh.. and these two dvd chapters"

Anyway, I found a bit of a workaround. In version 5 it's not completely solid, but it works. You can open and close the video window.. and with a second display attached it will enable and disable vdj's control of the secondary display. Ctrl-V is the default macro keyboard shortcut for it.

Oh, and yeah, I know a virtual display driver would be some work.. but if you don't ask they won't know, right? :)

Any other suggetions would be nice.

Mensajes Sat 27 Mar 10 @ 10:26 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)