Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: New 3 deck Audio Driver

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have a pair of Denon 3700's and use them through midi and would like to be able to, easily, use my laptop's internal soundcard as a 3rd channel for the sampler. I am by no means a software designer but wouldn't it just take a driver like the Asio driver to be re-written to include the PC's sound card into the set up?

Left deck 3700 1, right deck 3700 2 and 3rd channel PC sound for sampler etc...

I know I can use an external sound card BUT I am trying to avoid adding yet another piece of hardware and using up another USB port.

Is this a possibility?

Mensajes Tue 20 Apr 10 @ 1:06 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It's nowhere near as simple as you make it out to be. You can't just rewrite an ASIO driver unless you wrote it in the first place since 99% of them are closed source. Each ASIO driver for each card is also different!

If you're using ASIO in VDJ you are limited to a single card anyway. The only way around this is to use an emulation layer - such as ASIO4ALL - to present a virtual card to VDJ with the relevant number of inputs and outputs configured to relevant physical outputs.

Be aware that using a layer like this means you will have to configure your performance settings to accomodate all cards - including the generally crappy performing onboard sound card.

Mensajes Tue 20 Apr 10 @ 4:47 am
I certainly didn't mean to make it sound as if it were "easy", I don't know anything about writing code. Do you know, does anybody have a driver that does make use of the l/r channels to decks and you can use a 3rd for the sampler on the onboard sound? I am not concerned that the laptop sound isn't a great fidelity card, I would use it for drops and bumpers etc...

Mensajes Tue 20 Apr 10 @ 9:52 am
ASIO4ALL.

It's not just fidelity though - you may have to increase your latency etc...

Mensajes Tue 20 Apr 10 @ 10:07 am
Thanks SBDJ but what does all of that mean? Sorry I am clueless when it comes to custom drivers etc...

Thanks.

Mensajes Wed 21 Apr 10 @ 12:19 am
There is an application called ASIO4ALL. You can use it to configure a virtual soundcard from your real soundcards ;)

Mensajes Wed 21 Apr 10 @ 5:31 am
But I gather from your earlier reply it's not a great sounding driver?

Mensajes Wed 21 Apr 10 @ 1:34 pm
ASIO4ALL sounds fine. The problem comes in that if you are using multiple soundcards in ASIO4ALL, then you have to set your latency settings suitably - and that may well mean setting latency higher than normal.

Mensajes Wed 21 Apr 10 @ 3:06 pm
Thanks Scott. So, should I move to that driver will I have problems with my Denon 3700's?

I run 2 connected via USB to a Dell Inspiron 1505 Core 2 Duo 1.83gHz with 2GB of ram. I have only been using them for a few months and still don't have them operating at peak performance yet so will this further slow my progress?

Mensajes Thu 22 Apr 10 @ 12:19 am
maybe this idea could be added to the soundcard config page in VDJ??

So you can set your card for the decks, then have a seperate setting for sampler...

Mensajes Sun 25 Apr 10 @ 10:54 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)