Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Analog BPM analyser

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I wish a realtime analog BPM analyser, like those on mixers, for irregular BPM musics.

Mensajes Mon 03 May 10 @ 6:57 pm
+1

A realtime monitor of BPM would come in real handy for many tracks that have shifting tempo and rhythm. Also for may older tracks that didn't have digital drums for exact tempo.......seems like lots of classic funk and rnb seem to have increasing tempo over the course of the track. I notice when i set my loops on the next track to be played, they seem to need alot of shifting and fine tuning over the course of the track. I don't like waiting til the last 30 secs to set my BPM and loops. I runn into the situation where I have to hover over the fine tune button with the mouse while adjusting the jog wheel to account for drift and i need a third hand to do the actuall mix!!! Not a very big issue but being a bit of a perfectionist, little things drive me crazy!!!

Just wanna take a moment to thank VDJ and the community for such an amazing resource. My mixing skills have increased exponentionally since using the software. I'm now doing things I could never even dream about doing thanx to the software and gear supported by it. Keep up the good work!!!

James Curtis
DJ EXTREME
Extreme Jamz Entertainment

Mensajes Mon 14 Jun 10 @ 9:47 pm
+1

But also keep the existing BPM analyzer and add a Beat Tap button that doesn't move the beat markers.

Mensajes Fri 25 Jun 10 @ 3:38 am
This has been brought up many times before and the proposed solution has been to have a beat grid that allows for tempo changes by allowing you to lock the beat grid onto different parts of the song. Until that happens I have a solution and don't get upset when I say this... learn to mix the old fashioned way... by ear! Any good DJ has this ability. If you can't pull off a decent mix without relying on visual feedback then you need to develop the ability to not have to rely on visual feedback, simple as that. True mixing is not matching two bpm numbers on a screen but rather feeling the groove of two songs and adjusting on the fly to pull off a mix. In my opinion a strictly "mathematical" approach to DJing takes away from the art of mixing. Since you can't hover the mouse above the skin's crossfader and jogwheel/pitch bend buttons at the same time then designate keyboard shortcuts for pitch bend to free up your mouse to manipulate the crossfader.

Mensajes Fri 25 Jun 10 @ 5:20 am
dizzyrocks2001 wrote :
This has been brought up many times before and the proposed solution has been to have a beat grid that allows for tempo changes by allowing you to lock the beat grid onto different parts of the song. .

I hope that solution doesnt come about, as i personally think the analog real time version would be much more usefull..

so +1 to the original poster.

Mensajes Sat 26 Jun 10 @ 3:37 pm
How many years has it been now, since the first ever DJ software?

And still, every DJ app (that I know of) only allows a single BPM figure for each track.

It's unfortunate, but these days we do have a solution - audio warping, as featured in Ableton Live.

Now it's possible to take tracks with varying tempos and lock them down solid to a single tight BPM.

If you don't want it 100% tight, you can edit it too.

Maybe one day, DJ software will do this too...

Mensajes Mon 05 Jul 10 @ 10:00 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)