Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: VDJ VS TURN TABLE

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I want to know from a pro-DJ who uses both VDJ( COMPUTER NO XP 10) and a turntable ( CD mixer) to tell me which one is the more differcult.

Mensajes Sun 29 May 05 @ 10:44 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
The most difficult is the cd turntable because you don't have the waveform, the automatic BPM matching and all the computer controls you can have!

Mensajes Sun 29 May 05 @ 11:01 pm
My fellings is that it will be easier on a mixxer , VDJ being a training tool for me . Remember using vdj mixing on the computer I using a keyboard for cross-fader etc, I learnt how match beats from seeing it from vdj, so now when I cue a beat I can close my eyes and mix the next beat.

I never use a turn table but I fell I will master it .I still want to know the major differences what a pro can tell me master both ways when I come a turn table miester

Mensajes Sun 29 May 05 @ 11:20 pm
the trick, is to learn all styles of mixing, it be with/without waves, with/without bpm matching and so on, this way, your well prepared to be dropped in a club with/without these features =)

if your getting some kind of turntables, whether they be cd or vinyl jus practice practice practice. this is the way ive found worked for me.

i started with just decks, and slowly integrated the digital aspects across the board. this gave me the insight of djing, making it even easier to dj with any given setup.

Mensajes Mon 30 May 05 @ 1:13 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
I can do the mix with Turntables (Vinyl based), with CD-Players, deck players (and other things), and with VDJ.

To be a PRO DJ you have to have the DJ Pro personality. It's not what you now, is how you do it. The turntables, the CDs, the VDJ it's only your TOOLS to do your job. The imagination, the feeling, the artistic things around it, that YOUR JOB. All this with getting the people dancing! and/or having fun!

To do our job must of us have to practice alot at the begining. And we do it with the tools we got.

Mensajes Mon 30 May 05 @ 5:45 am
Well said acw_dj! Thats exactly what i think. When people enter a club to have fun, they do not see if the dj is using a cd mixer, or vinyl tt, or VDJ, all that matters to party people is the music and how you can control the mood of the people, thats all...its the skills that matters, not the tools you use to implement them.

Mensajes Mon 30 May 05 @ 6:20 am
Nice message acw dj, imagination and fellings good motto to start off with.

Mensajes Mon 30 May 05 @ 8:50 am
@seanrasta,

not sure what answer you are looking for, but as a pro dj for over 13yrs, I can tell you that cueing tracks with a turntable or CD player is "elementary". Everybody and their brother can do it these days. I did it for many years.....

vDJ moves you beyond that elementary point and allows you to focus on new creative ways to "present" your sets. The time you spend pitching a track, or even dropping the needle (exclude CD player) is time you could spend applying FX etc. to make you sets more.... well.... exciting.

Nothing against turntabalists and those who like heavy scratching, but there is a time and place for everything and I just don't see a big benefit to the turntable or CD player as your controller.... especially in a club setting. They do give you that "image" that people seem to be more receptive to, but not from a technical perspective.

I hope this answers your question and a reminder that this is only my opinion.

Mensajes Mon 30 May 05 @ 6:09 pm
dj mele even better answer to my question

u are right I love scratching plenty ,I want to take my mixxing to the next level and I dont know if u know about Cd mixxers, but i want to know what product is the best in the market now.

Another question is what makes the scratch to sound so good in the latest cd mixxers is it a plug in.I know VDJ has a plug in for sratching in the trial version I used back ward , forward chops and scratch but it did not sound near the sound of a cd mixxer scratch.

Thanks seanrasta out

Mensajes Mon 30 May 05 @ 9:13 pm
As a former turntable user i have simply put the tts aside. Laptop+ dj console is all i use now!
Regards
Andre

btw..seanrasta44 still no license?c'mon join us already!!!........lol

Mensajes Mon 30 May 05 @ 11:06 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)