Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: 2 cdrom support

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Maybe a nice feature could be to support audio/mp3 cds in 2 cd-roms

so I assign drive E: for the deck 1 and drive f: to deck2

if I press some button i will toggle each deck between normal operation (as it is now) and between cd-tray-playlist operation.

Will try to make a plugin, but i think it won't be as confortable as native support.

Mensajes Mon 30 May 05 @ 5:37 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I don't really understand your request as you already can use your drives or card readers.
Most PC-DJ don't use CD all the time but when a guy request a song he has on a CD (or an organisator for a show for example).
That's only my point of view.

Mensajes Mon 30 May 05 @ 8:30 pm
I know it is working now some way, but you have to browse for the drive and add files to the general playlist.

The point is to act (for one or both decks) as a regular dj player(supporting mp3s) without having to browse my computer.

I just put in the cd (in the corresponding drive) press play and the first audio track will play in deck 1, i press next and the audiotrack2 will play. (independently of the main playlist)

Is it more clear now ?

so this way i can play without using display for example :-) (with dac or other controler)

Mensajes Mon 30 May 05 @ 8:51 pm
could be a cool new feature for sure :)

Mensajes Tue 31 May 05 @ 1:29 am
now I got it this will be very nice.and I always ask for a load button never got it

Mensajes Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 2:30 am
Virtual DJ supports AUDIO CDs !!!!

Wonderful, It sounds crazy I know but the details:

It remembers the cues, BMP and comments for the audio tracks.
Wonderful.

----------

It just needs eject the drivetray function :-)

And possibility to NAME an audio cd track, now I only have names in the comment
(just testing 2 cds)

Everyday you can find something new in virtualdj, woooow.
I was very affraid but now all works almost as i need, so I'll just have a look into parser.dll and maybe some CD-tray ejecting plugin. ;-) for the beginning.

Mensajes Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 9:58 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
"CD-tray ejecting plugin" :-)

You start understanding why it's a real pleasure to know plugins. Welcome in the power of Virtual DJ ;-)

Mensajes Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 11:10 pm
One addition, if I directly edited the VirtualDJ Database.xml file
and added tag (display author="Reel 2 Real" Title="I like to move it" /)
it displays the name of audiotrack in vdj.

Anyway I was not able to edit it within vdj.

Maybe in next release could be this option enabled, since vdj already supports this, but only has editing name and artist disabled.

All works fine, if you don't add cd to search database.
Tracks mixes up and description for track 1 for the actual cd gets confused with another track1 on another cd.
I was hoping that it prompts me "insert cd bravo hits 34 cd 1" but nope

I needs just a little improvement to be able to search the database.

Pleeease.

------------------
btw. ejecting plugin works, but makes music to jump in a short loop for a while because of I/O operation, i hope i must create other thread and do it in background.

Mensajes Tue 14 Jun 05 @ 4:29 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)