Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Loop in Reverse

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I just was playing a beat in reverse when I thought why not loop that, well............the loop function doesnt seem to work in reverse. Am I missing something here??

Mensajes Wed 09 Jun 10 @ 5:47 pm
Anybody agree with this?? I know i can't be the only one to spin a record backwards...............

Huey

Mensajes Sun 22 Aug 10 @ 8:41 pm
I agree with you, but a reverse loop is a little difficult thing to handle. I suppose that beside the ability to enable a reverse loop we would have to create some macros in order to tell VDJ what to do when it exits the loop, and how it should double/half the loop since the start point should be taken as the "loop out" point...

Mensajes Mon 23 Aug 10 @ 3:16 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Anybody agree with this?? I know i can't be the only one to spin a record backwards...............

Huey

+1

Mensajes Mon 23 Aug 10 @ 3:38 am
just record a sample of the record playing backwards, then loop that. If you cant get it to loop on time (from the recording) edit it in audition or audacity... then select match pitch and beat lock with the little bulls eye. This may not work though as the backwards loop might throw off the sync of the beat.

Mensajes Mon 23 Aug 10 @ 4:23 am
I dont want to record a sample, I just want to play a beat in reverse and loop it.

Mensajes Mon 23 Aug 10 @ 5:58 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I think you can just record it in a bank and loop from there...?

Joey...

Mensajes Mon 23 Aug 10 @ 6:24 pm
Again not trying to record anything as this is done on the fly.

I would just like to play a record backwards and say hit "loop 8" and it will loop the track.

Thanks for the suggestions but not quit the same thing I'm askin for,

Huey

Mensajes Tue 24 Aug 10 @ 11:46 am
I know you don't want to do it that way but I may as well post this here... Can you specify a sample recording time eg. set a button to record sample for 4/8/16 bars, if you could then essentially you could do this on the fly and have a perfect loop, you would just need to sample the 4/8/16 bars then, press pause on the track and trigger the loop at the same time. I would be interested in this as I can never make samples record for exactly 4/8 bars

Mensajes Wed 25 Aug 10 @ 8:16 am
I have no problem getting the perfect loop, wether it be 4,8,16,32. The problem is you can't turn on the loop and play it backwards............. See what happens is it will just pass by where the loop starts when playing backwards but if you let the record play forward it knows where the loop is and will continue to loop. Try it and you'll see for yourself. Are you with me thus far...............

Keep the suggestions coming though we might find something that'll work.

Thanks for looking and your time
Huey

Mensajes Wed 25 Aug 10 @ 11:08 am
I keep seeing the "Save Loop" topic being brought up. I would still like to be able to "Loop In Reverse"..........Anybody else out there spin records backwards?? I know of another program that can do it.............

Feel free to chime in,
Huey

Mensajes Wed 12 Jan 11 @ 12:13 am
BETEPPRO InfinityMember since 2009
+1

Mensajes Fri 14 Jan 11 @ 9:15 am
Hey Huey, were's the beef on the program that can do wys..

Joey..

Mensajes Fri 14 Jan 11 @ 9:42 am
@Joey, its Serato. Start a loop then spin it backwards, you'll see the loop says looping not like with VDJ. If you spin back VDJ while in a loop you can spin the record all the back to the beginning. Then when you let the record go and it gets to that point it'll start to loop, so in that regard they work the same.

Hope makes sense
Huey

Mensajes Fri 14 Jan 11 @ 10:23 am
Tis is No doubt on that...

Joey...

Mensajes Fri 14 Jan 11 @ 3:37 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)