Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: vsync on video

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

deludedPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I've just pluged my projector into the s-video out on my Radion 9200 video card.

I've had to turn hardware acceleration off, but apart from that it works, and some of the sonique visuals are soooo much better than normal disco lights.

However, there's quite a lot of tearing happening on the image - I guess VDJ is not syncronising to the vertical sync.

Any chance of having this as an option in the next release??

To make things more fun, the secondry (svideo) output on the vga card will have a completely different refresh to the main (vga) output.

Mensajes Mon 06 Jun 05 @ 10:56 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
what is the vertical sync???

____
P-11

Mensajes Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 12:15 am
deludedPRO InfinityMember since 2004
vsync basically means syncronising the image with the refresh of the TV (or monitor / projector etc).

Most dvd players, games consoles etc do this as standard, but Windows is very poor at doing so.

When you get it wrong, you will see 'tearing' of the image, which is actually a combination of the current and last frame of the video.

Kind of annoys me since in the days of coding for Amigas / Atari ST etc, it was standard to make sure everything was synced to the video to make games silky smooth. I suppose it means I notice things like this a lot more, where normal viewers wouldn't care :)

I'm not criticising the VDJ crew - AV stuff on Windows is a pain in the butt at the best of times, and I think they've done an amazing job to get video mixing working.

However, assuming VDJ is using DirectDraw for rendering each video frame, then there is (from memory) a command to wait for the start of the next frame. If it's using DirectShow, then god help them ;)

Mensajes Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 11:51 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)