Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: Jumping to a later part of a track

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

fijjitPRO (legacy)Member since 2010
Hi,

I have a track and I'm trying to skip out a section, jumping to about a minute later in the song. I need to record the edited version.

I'm finding it difficult to get it right, without the beats sounding out of sync.

If I simply jump to a hot cue, it isn't quite in sync and the recording also records a strange sound, as if the record has scratched forward.

If I cue the same track on both tables and try to fade from one to the other, it just isn't in sync and the recording shows obviously that something's wrong.

What's the best way of achieving this seamlessly?

Thanks a lot.

Mensajes Tue 10 Aug 10 @ 4:01 pm
Hi, I would also like to know this as I have 2 parts 1 a song I want to play direct after each other and manually it's difficult to get the timing right so if there is a tip how to play these cue's automaticly that would be great.

Mensajes Tue 10 Aug 10 @ 4:06 pm
You'll just have to do a better job at setting your CUE, and make sure your on point with the beat when you jump ahead. Also you both should register your software so you get all VDJ has to offer!!

See Ya
Huey

Mensajes Tue 10 Aug 10 @ 9:43 pm
What he said.

Also why don't you just blend it in and then cut the other song into the other?

Mensajes Fri 13 Aug 10 @ 6:13 pm
Try mixmeister, yes it is the cheaters way to create a mix... but if you want to do a simple edit or mashup it's probably the easiest piece of software you'll find. just play it, edit out the bit you don't want, put in the bit you do want (it will keep everything on time), then export to mp3, and you're done, I have used it heaps to put acapella's over a tracks.

Mensajes Thu 19 Aug 10 @ 7:11 am
You can map your keyboard to jump a pre defined number of beats forward. Set like in steps of 8 or 16 beats. For example on my keyboard I mapped it to the number pad key 9 to jump 16 beats forward, key 7 16 beats backwards, key 8 8 beats forwards. The beauty with VDJ is that it will always stay in sync so your mix will never sound scratchy or jumpy. Just try it

Mensajes Wed 15 Sep 10 @ 3:09 am
fijjit wrote :

I have a track and I'm trying to skip out a section, jumping to about a minute later in the song. I need to record the edited version.

I'm finding it difficult to get it right, without the beats sounding out of sync.

If I simply jump to a hot cue, it isn't quite in sync and the recording also records a strange sound, as if the record has scratched forward.

If I cue the same track on both tables and try to fade from one to the other, it just isn't in sync and the recording shows obviously that something's wrong.

What's the best way of achieving this seamlessly?

Honestly , for the job you're describing here you should use a sound editor such as Audacity (which is free btw) and cut out the part of the song you don't want.

Otherwise try to map on keyboard button on of these:
"seek +60000ms" or "seek +64"
The first command will jump a minute forward ehile the second command will jump 64 beats forward. Adjust the values utnil you get the result you want

works915 wrote :
Hi, I would also like to know this as I have 2 parts 1 a song I want to play direct after each other and manually it's difficult to get the timing right so if there is a tip how to play these cue's automaticly that would be great.

I don't know if I understand what you want correctly but there's a very nice function on VDJ called "relay play"
When this function is enabled, when deck 1 reaches it's end deck 2 starts automatically from the current cue-point and vice-versa.
Relay play is a very cool way to play files from mixed CD's /sets without gaps.
To enable relay play just map a button with the following VDJ Script action:
relay_play

Mensajes Wed 15 Sep 10 @ 4:50 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
You'll just have to do a better job at setting your CUE, and make sure your on point with the beat when you jump ahead. Also you both should register your software so you get all VDJ has to offer!!

See Ya
Huey

Best answer in my opinion. Setting your cues correctly and being precise when you hit that cue button is not only the easiest way to do it, but it will help you down the road when you upgrade and move onto CD decks, if that's the route you choose to take. Of course, you can still use Virtual DJ with CD decks, but your best bet would at least being able to hit those cues EXACTLY when you want them.

Mensajes Fri 17 Sep 10 @ 9:36 pm
like phantom said audacity will work fine but if its a lot of this type of thing you plan on ding u should look into production software like sony acid music studio or something like that, not too pricy but if you only plan on editing a few track audacity will do well

Mensajes Fri 24 Sep 10 @ 1:46 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)