Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Behringer Xenyx 1202FX

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

re3d90Home userMember since 2010
i just bought this midi controller but i no ideea how to connect it to work with VDJ.

If anyone has or can give me a tutorial to how to connect this thingy , ill be most thankfull.

Cheers.

Mensajes Tue 17 Aug 10 @ 8:13 am
Behringer Xenyx 1202FX is not a MIDI-controller - it's a mixer.

Mensajes Tue 17 Aug 10 @ 8:46 am
thanks , but your comment didn't solve my problem :)

Mensajes Tue 17 Aug 10 @ 8:47 am
jakovskiPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006
Yo want to connect it ? Use 2 Chinch Kables to connect it to your PC Soundcard. **LOL**

Mensajes Tue 17 Aug 10 @ 8:51 am
ok let me get this straight.

So, i have a PC with virtual DJ , a 5.1 audio sistem , the mixer and 2 cables. My problem is , how do i set the cables (where goes in where) and how do i set the software.

From what i understand , i have to use 1 cable that goes into mic channels 1 & 2 and into the PC in the mic , and another cable that goes from the mixer as a line in into the PC as a line out. Correct me if im wrong here.

Now , in the VDJ settings , at confing -> sound setup -> inputs - none , outputs -> external mixer , sound card -> mono separated. Is that correct ?

Mensajes Tue 17 Aug 10 @ 9:00 am
re3d90 wrote :
i just bought this midi controller but i no ideea how to connect it to work with VDJ.

If anyone has or can give me a tutorial to how to connect this thingy , ill be most thankfull.

You have to remember - information is everything. Your original post, to be honest, made you look like a complete muppet!!!

You're last post however was much better ;-)

re3d90 wrote :
So, i have a PC with virtual DJ , a 5.1 audio sistem , the mixer and 2 cables. My problem is , how do i set the cables (where goes in where) and how do i set the software.

From what i understand , i have to use 1 cable that goes into mic channels 1 & 2 and into the PC in the mic , and another cable that goes from the mixer as a line in into the PC as a line out. Correct me if im wrong here.

Now , in the VDJ settings , at confing -> sound setup -> inputs - none , outputs -> external mixer , sound card -> mono separated. Is that correct ?

So let's start with the basics.

PC with Virtual DJ - Ok

5.1 Audio System - Internal or External? USB or audio jack from PC?

Cables - What type are they RCA? Jack?

We'll get on to the VDJ setup once we have the mixer connections sorted.

Cheers,

Roy

Mensajes Tue 17 Aug 10 @ 10:15 am
well the 5.1 audio system is a home theater srround thingy(guess its external) on 3 jack channels , hope i got it right .

next up , the cables i connect the PC to mixer and the other way arround are jack to , one end its a normal small jack and on the other end , 2 big jacks.

And thats kinda it.

I'm pretty much a starter to all of this, got my mixer today, so sorry if i'm not giving too many details , its because i don't really know em. The guy from the shop where i bought it wasn't really into explaining everything to me. To be honest i kinda understand him , since you just show up in a shop and you say : I wanna buy a mixer. and thats it.

Mensajes Tue 17 Aug 10 @ 10:47 am
Thanks for the update.

So is the home cinema system going to be the speakers you want to use?

Why did you decide you needed a mixer? What was the reason for going out and getting it?

Roy

Mensajes Tue 17 Aug 10 @ 11:14 am
Yes , the home cinema is and is going to act as the speakers :)

Well , to be honest , i'm really into music , its more like a passion than a hobby. I'm more into tech-house / techno music , wich wasn't so popular for some time here , then , with the events they been throwing out here and the names that come every year and a radio station that streams live sets of local and international DJs i started trying it too. I just mix at home a share with friends to get some comments , not very objective but still helpfull i might say. Then , there's an event here , twice each year called "sunwaves" and it happened for me to get into the "M_nus" tent , where i was very impressed by how people react to music in closed spaces such as a 20 by 20 meeters tent next to the see. It made me get in their place and run the music. The thing is , i just wanna see how it feels to have people dancing to the music you're playing (numbers don't count here) . Sorry for the long story but as you said , information is everything. :D

Mensajes Tue 17 Aug 10 @ 11:24 am
Thanks but not quite what I was looking for ;-)

You obviously don't use a MIDI controller and simply have your PC and speakers. I'm trying to understand why you need this mixer. I am very familiar with it as I had one myself.

But what other inputs do you have? Is it just the PC? If so, you'd be better going directly to your speakers...

Also you have to remember there are different types of mixers. The Xenyx is good multi-channel mixer for all types of inputs, but it's not a DJ mixer - in other words there is no crossfader - you can't really mix on a Xenyx.

What are you trying to acheive? then maybe I and others can help you decide on what you should buy?

Cheers,

Roy

Mensajes Tue 17 Aug 10 @ 11:37 am
its the just the PC , the audio system and the xenyx. I bought it to start learning things. I know its not really the best choice to take ,found that out kinda late , but ... I thought since i still bought it , i should also start learning it .

So , i wanna use it to create mix session with the software. I can you use the crossfader from the program , since i'm also using the program :)).

Mensajes Tue 17 Aug 10 @ 11:46 am
In all honesty the Xenyx is not needed. It will only complicate things. Take the Xenyx back for a refund or list it on eBay.

As you progress you will either look at all-in-one controller/mixers or at standalone CDJs and a mixer.

But for now, just go straight from the PC to the speakers as you are using the mixer built in to VDJ.

Cheers,

Roy

Mensajes Tue 17 Aug 10 @ 12:09 pm
okay , thanks anyway man.

Cheers.

Mensajes Tue 17 Aug 10 @ 12:11 pm
greetings...

i have the Behringer Xenyx 1202FX....
i have the numark mixtrack platinum....
i have my PC....

im really at a loss.....i could use some direction here...

my controller is usb connected.....tho i am wondering if i should run the output rca jacks from it to the main input of the mixer ....and then run the main output of the mixer to the input of the PC......

am i on the right track here?

Mensajes Sat 08 Aug 20 @ 9:05 pm
POINTMANDAPANTHER wrote :

im really at a loss.

About what?

Why would you be feeding the output audio back into the PC? Explanation please.

Mensajes Sat 08 Aug 20 @ 9:41 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)