Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Tema: Need to Build for Video Mixing

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

tmace64Home userMember since 2008

I work in a club, and LOVE playing on VDJ and a Hercules RMX controller. The club wants to start doing videos on the floor..... - uh oh....

I built the computer that the club bought and uses in their booth.

I currently work on VDJ Pro, Hercules RMX Controller,,, PC Mid Tower, WinXP Pro - SP3, Intel Core 2 Duo, E8400, 3.00 GHz,, 2 GB of 3.00 GHz ram.

I can't use the PRO version of VDJ because I will 'sometimes' crash - and I can't have that happen, so I continue using the LE Free edition that came with the Hercules - which works flawlessly. Because of this, I assume that my computer is not strong enough to handle VIDEO??? I need a stronger processor, more ram etc......????

Will Hercules RMX mix the videos?? Do I need to purchase an additional video mixer - OR - get a new "all in one" audio and video mixer??

What would be benchmark - or - Better Than Benchmark - for a "Crash Free" operation of audio and video mixing, i.e. best processor, video card, mixer, amount of ram,,,, etc.....???? I want to purchase MORE than enough, so there are NEVER any problems or crashes!!! I want to build a LEXUS.....

Thank you so much for your time and help,
Todd

Mensajes Mon 27 Sep 10 @ 9:34 pm
Okay, I saw the brief section about building for Video Mixing. The requirements for processor, ram, and video card.

MY CONCERN: I built the computer as is listed above, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB of ram, and plenty of HD space, I actually put 2 drives in, a system drive, and a music drive. With this configuration, and when using the PRO version, I've crashed during a night!!! I've had lockups, freezes, etc..... I've NEVER crashed when using the LE version of VDJ...??? I'm assuming I need a stronger processor?? More ram??

I will shop for a video card. Is there such thing as needing HD capabilities??? Or are we still at SD video for music videos...??

Thanks for time and help!!!
Todd

Mensajes Tue 28 Sep 10 @ 3:27 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
A couple of questions:

* What version of VDJ Pro are you using?
* What does the crashguard file in the folder contain?
* What video card are you using, and with what driver version?

You've got enough CPU and RAM power; the crash is caused by something else. The RMX will do video fine as it's not actually handling anything video related. The above questions should help us narrow down the cause.

With regards to HD/SD I guess that's more dictated by your video source and the output resolution and connection you are using.

Mensajes Tue 28 Sep 10 @ 3:58 pm
Thank you so much for your reply!!

I can't say exactly what version of VDJ I'm using. The system is at the club.... Which is being rennovated and I haven't been there in a while. My boss did purchase the PRO VDJ, but what version, I am unsure. It's less than 3 years old....... perhaps 4 or 5 point something....

I've never checked this "crash file" as you mentioned. I will head over to the club tomorrow and look this stuff up.

I do not have a video card in this computer. We started out with just DJ audio play - no music videos. I've been using the onboard graphics of the Asus Mother Board for the computer display.

I've located 2 possible video cards tonight = both ASUS - Radeon HDs. Both cards have a standard RGB computer output as well as a single DMI output.....?? Is this what I'm basically looking for?? And they both provide a DMI output of LARGER than HD - I believe it was 2560 X 19something..... can't remember exactly,,, though it was a huge resolution output for the price.

Thank you again for your time and help. ~ I built the computer at this club, and am quite savy with things...... Thanks.

Mensajes Wed 29 Sep 10 @ 1:05 am
Let us know the version; it's probably in need of an update :)

Mensajes Wed 29 Sep 10 @ 7:23 pm
They have 5.0.7 DJ Consal installed.

Mensajes Wed 29 Sep 10 @ 9:58 pm
Thats not VDJ Pro then... thats what we are talking about since thats what you are having difficulty with ;)

Mensajes Thu 30 Sep 10 @ 6:34 pm
So sorry. We DO in fact have the PRO version. I am communicating with my boss Derek, who doesn't know how to correctly launch VDJ. I know he launched the LE version, which still exists via a "quicklaunch" icon. And that's what he did. The PRO Icon is on the desktop, and he didn't know to use that one....... They purchased the PRO version almost a year ago.... I sent him specific instructions on how to launch, and today - he's home sick..... more delays.... sorry.

Mensajes Thu 30 Sep 10 @ 8:18 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)