Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Whos stuffed up using clone deck?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Because I'm so uncoordinated with scratching on my left deck I always tend to use the right deck only and just clone the song across to the left deck so I can keep using my right deck for scratching/mixing etc. Don't ask me why but sometimes when I randomly do this after I press the clone deck it goes into complete silence. This shit has happened to me a handful of times lol.

I know clone deck uses the active deck to clone so somewhere along the line I'm switching active deck and getting myself confused. I'm thinkn maybe the development team can implement a clone_deck_safe mode which prompts you if a song is playing on the deck being copied to for people like me!

Anyone else had this issue? Is there a workaround with scripting?

Mensajes Mon 01 Nov 10 @ 7:18 am
it happens to me to once in a while. i always just figured it had to do with certain files cause it seems to do it with the same files. try reloading that file after shutting down VDJ see if you get the same result.

Mensajes Mon 01 Nov 10 @ 8:02 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
If you're *always* doing it one way then change the mapping to be something like:

deck 2 clone_deck 1

This shortcut will always clone deck 2 onto deck 1.

Mensajes Mon 01 Nov 10 @ 8:22 am
Haven't tested this but to add to Scott's suggestion:

"deck 1 play ? nothing : deck 2 clone_deck 1" 

This should check if deck 1 is playing, if it is- the button does nothing. If it isn't playing the track on deck 2 will clone to deck 1.

Mensajes Mon 01 Nov 10 @ 5:33 pm
Can confirm I also had this so now have 2 separate buttons for deck1 to deck2, and another for deck2 to deck1 setup like SBDJ suggests. I never figured out why it didnt seem to work occasionally using active deck.

Mensajes Mon 01 Nov 10 @ 5:50 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
djtouchdan wrote :
Haven't tested this but to add to Scott's suggestion:

"deck 1 play ? nothing : deck 2 clone_deck 1" 

This should check if deck 1 is playing, if it is- the button does nothing. If it isn't playing the track on deck 2 will clone to deck 1.

Perfect thats exactly wat i was hoping 4. I'll test it out. Thnx guys!

Mensajes Tue 02 Nov 10 @ 6:45 am
Just tested it and it does work as expected. :)

Glad its what you were looking for!!

Mensajes Tue 02 Nov 10 @ 7:11 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)