Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: VDJ Can't find Songs!! HELP! - Page: 2

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

i have a last virtual dj version and i had install it to my desktop and listen musics and set cues to songs but now i had buy a laptop and i had transfer dhe songs to laptop but there are a hundred songs with no one cue that i had set to desktop... did somebody know how can i transfer the cues from desktop to laptop ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Mensajes Sun 22 Jan 12 @ 12:06 pm
Definitely need to get "Add to search DB" Fixed!! Doesn't do much good when it doesn't add all the songs in sub folders. Especially when it's recommended to keep zipped karaoke files organized by sub folders for each disc. Hopefully version 8 will include a better database system.

Mensajes Sun 29 Jan 12 @ 4:28 pm
I found out that when a folder (any) contains to many files (songs) the search facility stop working ( on the newest files) this happend now two times for me, The only remady for me was to remove some old songs from my folder "new music".After I had done that , the search facility works ok. So in other words it seems like there is not memmory allocated per folder in the source code.......

A simple test is to search for a old song on your folder VS a new song on the same folder.And see if you can see the old and not the new
Roger in Norway

Mensajes Fri 13 Jul 12 @ 10:30 am
djmrkePRO InfinityMember since 2011
I still don't understand why a Pro Staff member has not acknowledge the issues of recursive folders and the memory around the number of songs in a folder? I ran into this issue at a wedding. A got a song request ( knowing I had it) searched and nothing. Searching in spotlight, bam it's there. I get errors and hiccups, but this is such a basic task for any vdj system. I'm already looking at alternatives. I started with serato and I might have to return.

Could we please get some feedback from moderators on this issue of recursive folders/ sub folders?

As the title of the thread says, please help!

Mensajes Mon 06 Aug 12 @ 8:40 pm
Why is it every time I search for my music, it shows but when I try to play it on the deck it says error and won't play?

Mensajes Sat 26 Jan 13 @ 11:38 pm
When I am showing video, why can't i make the video screen larger?

Mensajes Sat 26 Jan 13 @ 11:41 pm
Please read our FAQ pages:

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Error%20loading%20song.html

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/How%20do%20I%20output%20video%20or%20karaoke%20to%20a%20TV%20or%20projector.html

For full-screen video and karaoke, you will need to purchase the full VirtualDJ Professional. All other versions are limited to a small video window only.

Please also don't post messages with lots of blank lines, making the post unnecessarily bigger (Your posts above have been edited to remove these blank lines.)

Mensajes Sun 27 Jan 13 @ 11:22 am
i cant seem to get any music from my itunes. In the browser the itunes folder is there with all my playlists but none of the songs.....could anyone help please??? :)

Mensajes Wed 13 Feb 13 @ 11:15 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008

Mensajes Fri 22 Feb 13 @ 6:16 am
barrlePRO InfinityMember since 2013
after hours and hours i found i had to click right on the file from Virtual DJ and add it to ( SEARCH DB ).
its work. THANK YOU

Mensajes Tue 14 Jan 14 @ 12:06 pm
finding notes, as in D#m or A or whatever has gone mad in virtual dj, it was a great feature, version 7.4 and running on mac, it was when i updated virtual dj and also moved on to mavericks at the same time, do not know what to do to get it back, i put things in there with lets say Cm and ask it to find Cm and i says there is nothing???? any one?

Mensajes Wed 15 Jan 14 @ 6:02 pm
If you are trying to search by the song key field, then you must enable this in the search options first (This field is not enabled by default on a new installation. )

To enable, simply click on magnifying glass icon to the right of the search box and tick the appropriate fields.

Make sure that all your music has also been analysed by VirtualDJ so that it actually has the key information: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Pre-Analysing%20Your%20Music%20Collection.html

Mensajes Thu 16 Jan 14 @ 5:03 am
What do I do If my VDJ already has my itunes in the search DB and all of my files are correct in the file tree but when i try to load the songs it only says ERROR! This is ridiculous!

Mensajes Tue 21 Oct 14 @ 7:41 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
VirtualDJ 7 does not support iTunes 12 on the Mac; your only options are to revert to an older iTunes version or update your VirtualDJ to the current version 8.

VirtualDJ 7 is no longer in development.

Mensajes Tue 21 Oct 14 @ 8:11 pm
I have over 3000 songs in my windows media player, but when I am on VDJ I only have half the songs.

Mensajes Sun 07 Dec 14 @ 12:31 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
This is the Mac support forum, and the WMP library has nothing to do with VDJ. You need to add your files to the VDJ database.

Mensajes Sun 07 Dec 14 @ 3:46 am
Hi there folks, my problem is similar but somewhat unique. I was an avid VDJ user on Windows Operating System for many years. I've just upgraded to Mac and there comes the obvious and unavoidable error alerts coming off song files when referencing a playlist with songs on a hard drive. I connected the hard drive but since Mac doesn't generate drive letters for external HDs, I was left with the painful option of manually restoring each of over 50,000 songs from its original location. This I know is not a practical solution. Can anyone advise of any alternatives to having my playlist items pull form the target songs on the HD I brought over from my Windows OS.
Please I need an urgent assistance. It'll amount to a suicide attempting the restoration a la carte style.

Mensajes Wed 10 Jun 15 @ 7:10 pm
bmbingham wrote :
Definitely need to get "Add to search DB" Fixed!! Doesn't do much good when it doesn't add all the songs in sub folders. Especially when it's recommended to keep zipped karaoke files organized by sub folders for each disc. Hopefully version 8 will include a better database system.

WHY HAS THIS NOT BEEN FIXED? BS! WHAT KIND OF RINKY DINK BS IS THIS? I ALMOST GOT FIRED LAST NIGHT BECAUSE I CAN'T FIND SONGS ON MY HDD. AND THE FREEZING WHERE I CAN'T EVEN TYPE IN THE SEARCH AREA UNTIL THE SONG HAS COMPLETELY PLAYED. NOT MUCH USE! MID 2014 MAXED OUT MACBOOK PRO 15"

Mensajes Thu 11 Jun 15 @ 8:13 am
SBDJ wrote :
This is the Mac support forum, and the WMP library has nothing to do with VDJ. You need to add your files to the VDJ database.

EVERY FOLDER HAS TO BE ADDED ONE TO THREE FOLDERS AT A TIME, THEN VDJ EXPLORER MALFUNCTIONS. THE EXPLORER AREA DOESN'T WORK AFTER ADDING NO MORE THAN 3 FOLDERS. SO I HAVE 50K MUSIC, 10K VIDEOS, 30K KARAOKE AND AFTER 3 HOURS OF CLOSING VDJ, RE OPENING ADD A FEW SONGS AND REPEAT I AM DISGUSTED AND STILL MISSING MOST OF THE SONGS! NOW I ALSO HAVE DAYS OF RE-RIPPING DISCS THAT WERE DONE ORIGINALLY IN WMA BECAUSE MAC DOESN'T READ THEM. JUST SWITCHING OVER FROM PC TO MAC. ALL CAPS BECAUSE IF YOU CAN'T TELL I AM SUPER PISSED OFF! DON'T SAY YOU HAVE A MAC VERSION IF IT SUCK ASS LIKE THIS!!!!!!!

Mensajes Thu 11 Jun 15 @ 8:22 am
74%