Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Tema: SBDJ Profile Switcher - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Hi all,

Time for another release of a VirtualDJ utility.

Please note that this initial release only supports VirtualDJ - it does not presently support other iterations such as PCDJ VJ, Numark Cue or Virtual Vinyl.

This application allows you to copy your current VDJ configuration and mappings and create a profile. You can then recall this profile at any time.

Hopefully it's self explanatory, but if you have any problems then feel free to post up. This utility has been tested by a few users on XP, Vista and 7 - even with non-standard directory paths, so hopefully most kinks are worked out.

Personally I would also back up your mappers folder just to be safe.

Regards,

Scott

Mensajes Sun 28 Nov 10 @ 8:12 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Scott, thanks again for this. I believe users will love it.
As i tested the pre-release version, here are some ideas to improve it in the future.

-Add an "update profile" button (self explained, to update a saved profile)

-Make possible to apply registry settings partially (also mappers) with a few tick/check options. This is similar to traktor's .tsi files, where you can load only a mapper and/or other settings.
The partial areas i have in mind are : Audio (simple config), Audio (advanced config), skin used, Options. (Basically these are some of the tabs in the config/settings. And "Sample paths" (or any paths stored in the registry). This one can be useful when paths messed up, to load/apply them alone (the correct ones) from another profile.

-...don't add anything else... keep it that simple..lol, (is this a feature ?)

Mensajes Mon 29 Nov 10 @ 3:43 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Congratulations on another approved and needed plugin by the Master-Mind himself.

Thanks Scott..

Joey...

Mensajes Tue 30 Nov 10 @ 10:40 am
It's not approved yet...

Mensajes Tue 30 Nov 10 @ 10:49 am
Utility now available :)

Mensajes Tue 30 Nov 10 @ 1:55 pm
SCOTT you are the man!!! This is gonna make alot of peoples lives alot easier!!

Great Work As Always......
Huey

Mensajes Tue 30 Nov 10 @ 2:22 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Thank you S(anta)BDJ !!! ..lol

Add the link too mate.

Mensajes Tue 30 Nov 10 @ 3:25 pm

Mensajes Tue 30 Nov 10 @ 3:39 pm
OK dumb guy here................where do I install this??

Huey

Mensajes Tue 30 Nov 10 @ 6:57 pm
You don't, you just put it wherever you want and run it.

Make sure VDJ isn't running when you do though.

Mensajes Tue 30 Nov 10 @ 6:59 pm
Ok that's what I did. Just wanted to make sure, lol!!

Great Work!
Huey

Mensajes Tue 30 Nov 10 @ 7:04 pm
OK; just to avoid any confusion lets go through this in a bit more detail.

* This application does not require installing - simply copy it somewhere and run it from there
* This application should not be run whilst VDJ is running - otherwise any changes will be lost when VDJ exits (I will add a check for this in the next version)
* When you run the application, then click apply + run with 'Current Settings' it will run VDJ with whatever settings it had when it last ran - this allows you to use it as a launcher, so you can run this every time you run VDJ.
* When you click create a profile, a copy of all your VDJ settings and mappings will be made and stored
* When you select a new profile, your current settings are removed and are replaced by those you previously saved
* When you delete a profile, you delete it for good. Current settings remain however, so VDJ will still run

Mensajes Tue 30 Nov 10 @ 7:50 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Great work man!

Mensajes Sat 04 Dec 10 @ 6:18 am
cioce wrote :
Great work man!

Excellent !! the amount of times I had to reconfigure some dope mappings, used to take ages
Mad Genius ;)

Mensajes Sun 12 Dec 10 @ 4:41 pm
O.k....so we run this before opening VDJ but close it prior to opening VDJ? and whats the best scenario to use this?...say it will remember all effects last used? and?....duh...wheres my coffee...

Mensajes Sun 12 Dec 10 @ 8:09 pm
Here read this after youve had your coffee, lmao!! He didnt say anything about effects but I'm sure he'll chime in.

SBDJ wrote :
OK; just to avoid any confusion lets go through this in a bit more detail.

* This application does not require installing - simply copy it somewhere and run it from there
* This application should not be run whilst VDJ is running - otherwise any changes will be lost when VDJ exits (I will add a check for this in the next version)
* When you run the application, then click apply + run with 'Current Settings' it will run VDJ with whatever settings it had when it last ran - this allows you to use it as a launcher, so you can run this every time you run VDJ.
* When you click create a profile, a copy of all your VDJ settings and mappings will be made and stored
* When you select a new profile, your current settings are removed and are replaced by those you previously saved
* When you delete a profile, you delete it for good. Current settings remain however, so VDJ will still run

Mensajes Sun 12 Dec 10 @ 8:10 pm
Of course I've read that,Im in the middle of making a guitar Recording but I believe it does save last effects?

Mensajes Mon 13 Dec 10 @ 12:03 am
It does.

Mensajes Mon 13 Dec 10 @ 1:45 pm
Thanks Scott,had allready checked it....handy..

Mensajes Mon 13 Dec 10 @ 9:36 pm
dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Scott, can we get a Mac version please!

Mensajes Tue 14 Dec 10 @ 12:19 am
51%