Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: MY VDJ Rants! - Page: 2

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Bagpuss,

I like what you said. "known bugs" yes there are some but their are also "work arounds" for them. We learn at a young age. If you stick your hand in the fire you will get burrned so we don't stick our hands in the fire anymore :) Looping longer then the end of a track is a perfect example of that just don't do it. Also remember the differance between a bug and a new feature.

Its no secret that video is our primary focus at this time and you can bet our wonderful Dev staff won't rest untill its perfect in every way so it works across as many systems and configs as possible. Also for every one person not doing video I promise you there are at least three that are.

Mensajes Mon 11 Jul 05 @ 3:07 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Their is for sure workarounds ;), that's why i'm pretty much satisfied with VDJ, the sound issues derserves the 100% attention of the VDJ dev team in my opinion, I personally wouldn't of looked at video at this time before I got the audio engine pretty much perfect, this is what shocked me...

Do a poll and ask all the users what their priority is for the future development of VDJ, i'm quite sure that most users will find an agreement.., moreover, I believe the hardcore users of VDJ would pay for such an update..

Mensajes Mon 11 Jul 05 @ 3:47 am
VDJ is the best! Love the program. I could care less about the video and quite frankly am dis-heartened that the Support Team feels that the video aspect of VDJ is the most important. I feel the the Time Stretch could use major work.

But I do not agree with the author of this post...this software is awesome!!!

MS

Mensajes Mon 11 Jul 05 @ 4:01 am
Don't be dis heartened by anything all things will be better in due time. Remember things could be worse virtual dj's record speaks for itself and believe me other softwares are light years behind us and the direction we are going will only make that gap wider, video is a tool audio is a tool both are important to us. We like hearing your input and don't ever be afraid to speak your mind here. Remember the bugs and new features section post your thoughts up an be sure the dev team reads eveything. We need your help to continue to lead and innovate. Look at the history page and we've come this far, who knows where we will be this time next year. I can say this...last year at this time I never would of dreamed I'd be scratching and playing music videos with the same program. We owe a big thanks to the dev staff for their hard work and "free" updates. Always keep an open mind as a feature you may not use others do.

Mensajes Mon 11 Jul 05 @ 5:20 am
What a load of crap from the thread starter. I've been using VDJ since 2.05 and never got it to crash on 4 different PCs... I play live on an internet radio twice a week for 2 hours each and never had a problem...

And I must disagree strongly with Cyder, I do mix videos on my laptop with not a glitch yet... Granted it's a 2Ghz laptop with a 7200 RPM hard drive and a 256 Mb Nvidia Gforce Go 6800 graphics card, but it works like a charm...

Mensajes Mon 11 Jul 05 @ 5:48 am
are you using mpeg-1 or mpeg-2 for videos? That is not a normal laptop by any means. I have no doubt laptops will catch up someday but I'm just not seeing it right now

Mensajes Mon 11 Jul 05 @ 5:53 am
The laptop issues are in the video card. Obviously you need at about 768 mem and 2.6 GHZ also. My toshiba have 2.8 P4 and 1 GIG mem but only a 32 meg shared video card. Extend the screen and forget about it. My lesser toshiba 1.6 celeron m works perfectly with a 64 meg shared video card. Of course forget about videos. But karoake works fine. My rackmount that I am building with you name it in there (64 bit AMD 1 GIG+Mem 256 Video Card) Will do everything I need it to do..

Mensajes Mon 11 Jul 05 @ 6:43 am
vantine,

remember that its not the size of the memory on the card its how fast the memory & GPU are that makes for end results. The picture about shows a 6600 beating out the geforce go 6800. I'm not making this stuff up guys this is reality. The 6600gt is a 128 mb card and it clearly wins out over the 256 card 6800 go....

Mensajes Mon 11 Jul 05 @ 7:11 am

Mensajes Mon 11 Jul 05 @ 9:15 am
To be a moderator or get the permission of a moderator :).

Mensajes Mon 11 Jul 05 @ 1:44 pm
Umm, just wanted to point out that the thread starter has not responded. The later part of the thread has developed into a useful discussion which deserves another topic title. So unless 'soundman69' is travelling, he must not be too interested in resolving his issues...

I for one don't mind having a healthy discussion, but I prefer to base my discussions on logic. So 'soundman69', please backup your points or else I would vote to delete this sort of topic.

Mensajes Mon 11 Jul 05 @ 5:31 pm
btw

The bpm studio and pcdj bpm fields are in a non-standard part of the IDv3 tag. To fix this use a program called tag & rename to copy that field into the standard part of the tag. Its not the fault of virtual dj that bpm did this to your files.

Mensajes Mon 11 Jul 05 @ 7:34 pm
DJ RazPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The thread starter probably doesnt even own VDJ.
Odds are he's someone from the competition who wanted to stir trouble.
His post indicates he has no intention of solving his issues, which is a good hint that he never even had these issues in the first place.

Also, if he believes his other software is the greatest thing in the world then why bother making the switch?

He is just trying to blemish VDJ's image.

Mensajes Mon 11 Jul 05 @ 7:51 pm
Cyder, I thought laptops were different and utilized the memory differently for cooling reasons. If I'm wrong I apologize.

Mensajes Mon 11 Jul 05 @ 8:40 pm
laptops are all about compromise is really what it comes down to. Most are made from the "lowest bidder" parts.

Mensajes Mon 11 Jul 05 @ 9:55 pm
Before 3.0 VDJ was for laptops but now that has changed. It seems this forum is for covering up flaws instead of uncovering them. at least get it straight and stick with it. Don't get upset with what was said fix the problems or at least make the video feature a plugin so it can be removed. leaving it intergrated into the program is creating the problem for laptop user in the first place. Disabling it does no good it still causes problems if you are doing Karaoke with the program it causes problem.

Mensajes Tue 12 Jul 05 @ 12:40 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Don't worry of course we are always working on the program. ALWAYS! You will see soon enough ;)

Mensajes Tue 12 Jul 05 @ 12:50 am
How can you call it a software flaw just because it doesn't work on your laptop? That's plain silly. If there was a flaw as you call it in the program the problem would not just be limited to laptops but it would also exist in the desktop counter parts. The real problem is how many laptops handle video and many do a poor job of it. Nevermind the fact laptops were never ment to do what we are doing with them. So yes as homeboy says we are working on making compatibale across laptops and desktops. So to exercise paitence is key in this case.

Mensajes Tue 12 Jul 05 @ 1:54 am
I disable video and it runs as 2.6 did, after a few teaks etc, at first I wasn't too hapy, but my determination with Windows and VDJ has created an environment exactly like that of 2.6 The message is the same for laptop users, reasonably fast chip (1.2ghz+), 512mb RAM and a good cooling system.

If you have a simular set-up, I would say the problem is your operating system, I recognise their is a kareoke problem, and with video a good card is needed.

So version 3 is a bit more of a push, but it can run as 2.6 on most newish systems, when all is done correctly, I saw that the audio system was improved (stability), and i've noticed the change :).

Mensajes Tue 12 Jul 05 @ 2:02 am
3.0 works fine on my fast new work station. Also my laptop is a 2.6 HP ZD7010us laptop. It has a desktop processor. So it's no slug but the Video card can't handle 3.0 and I cannot disable the video in 3.0 and run 3.0 with my Karaoke . 2.6 runs just fine after reloading windows after 3.0 caused problems and reloading windows was the only way to fix the problem.

Mensajes Tue 12 Jul 05 @ 4:29 am
63%