Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: elastic grid - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have some songs with the correct grid at the beginning but in the middle is wrong .

For example : Milk and sugar - hey nah neh na .

Mensajes Sat 12 Mar 11 @ 8:22 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Take a look at Torq . I don't like the software , but they have better grid (even with old songs )

Mensajes Sun 13 Mar 11 @ 10:59 am
+1, I always run into this problem with older tracks or bands.

Huey

Mensajes Sun 13 Mar 11 @ 11:13 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
+1 for this. It would also be useful to have not only the average bpm as we have now, but also the actual bpm based on the current 16 or 32 beats.

Mensajes Sun 13 Mar 11 @ 11:46 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
+∞

Mensajes Tue 15 Mar 11 @ 4:54 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
+1

djdad wrote :
It would also be useful to have not only the average bpm as we have now, but also the actual bpm based on the current 16 or 32 beats.

Real time BPM, LOVE IT +1

Mensajes Tue 15 Mar 11 @ 10:11 pm
+1

Mensajes Thu 17 Mar 11 @ 9:12 am
+1

Mensajes Mon 21 Mar 11 @ 4:18 pm
+ 1

Mensajes Thu 24 Mar 11 @ 3:47 am
@man-tk....I know the track your talking about, and to be realistic the middle section, including the breakdown will never fit into the beat grid. Like a lot of tracks that fit into the gypsy house genre, beat grids just won't work, unless your playing a club mix - I either play the WAWA or club mixes, which gives you enough stable lead in / lead out for the beat grid to be established correctly.

Mensajes Thu 24 Mar 11 @ 4:03 am
+1. Real-time BPM (Alongside the average being displayed in the browser or File Infos or tags).

Mensajes Tue 12 Apr 11 @ 6:51 am
ChacklPRO InfinityMember since 2007
+1

Absolutely needed... get those problems every time when i play oldies and Rock'n'roll

Mensajes Tue 19 Apr 11 @ 8:36 am
dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Man-Tk wrote :
I have some songs with the correct grid at the beginning but in the middle is wrong .

For example : Milk and sugar - hey nah neh na .

+

Mensajes Thu 21 Apr 11 @ 1:48 am
+1

Mensajes Thu 21 Apr 11 @ 5:49 pm
djnandsPRO InfinityMember since 2007
+ 1

Mensajes Tue 26 Apr 11 @ 8:15 pm
av1613PRO InfinityMember since 2007
+1

Mensajes Sun 01 May 11 @ 3:28 pm
Hey guys - yes, real time BPM would be nice. Or an adjustable grid.

BUT, the best solution is really elastic audio - in other words, the song is 'warped' to correct the timing.

This is one of the major features of Ableton Live, and why some DJs chose to use it.

When the song is imported/loaded into Live, the software will warp the song to 1) fit it to the current tempo and 2) straighten out any tempo changes.

Many times the software will do a good job automatically, but if needed you can go in and manually push/pull sections of audio around (literally like elastic) to fit them to the beat.

As far as I am aware, no 'proper' DJ software does this yet. Ableton Live is not really designed for DJing.

Mensajes Wed 04 May 11 @ 4:38 am
+1

Mensajes Wed 04 May 11 @ 7:37 pm
Gotta say I'm liking what Groovin is sayin, make sense to me.

+1
Huey

Mensajes Wed 04 May 11 @ 7:51 pm
av1613PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Ableton rocks for beat mixing. Serato have re-worked there beat grids to work in the same way. I don't own but have used the bridge and enjoyed the creative freedom knowing the mixing was truly taken care of. Vdj, and every audio program will do well to copy this.

Mensajes Thu 05 May 11 @ 3:51 am
56%