Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Network music Databases

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello

Is there a way to make some kind of xml database that is sharable over a network drive?

I currently use atleast two laptops when djing. One is used as the main djing laptop and the other laptop is used to handle request and act as a backup incase one fails. In order to consolodate all of my music, I have purchased a western digital network drive to accomplish this. Virtual Dj can see and browse the drive in the browser but can not view the local database file i placed on the drive when in a windows enviroment. I tried it with a Mac computer and it was able to load the database file and work like a hard drive that is connected via usb or firewire. However, the database can not be used by multiple mac computers. If one mac computer is running virtual with the database loaded, the second mac computer will not see the database file.

So what is the possibility of creating a database file that is sharable on a network drive and one that virtual running on a windows based system will recognize?

Thanks

Mensajes Mon 03 Oct 11 @ 9:35 pm
I think the problem with that is multiple access.

How could two computers access the same file at the same time?

Not to mention that when running two copies of the software simultaneously, you should have two licenses.

Mensajes Tue 04 Oct 11 @ 6:09 pm
That's what I was asking? But I guess there is no way in the particular type of format. I know there are different types of database out there that allow multiple users, such as an access file or possibly a sql type database.

As far as having multiple license, why would I do that or even, what would I gain out of that? Paying $300 for software, I should be allowed to utilize on more than just one computer.

Mensajes Thu 06 Oct 11 @ 2:09 pm
VirtualDJ is not designed or intended for multi-user and/or network use. It is licensed for and designed as a single user application.

The database can only be used and accessed by one instance of VirtualDJ at any one time.

The end-user license allows two installs for your own personal use, providing they are not both used at the same time. A separate second installation on another computer as a backup on stand-by is allowed. Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Can%20I%20install%20the%20software%20on%20a%20new%20computer%20or%20more%20than%20one%20computer.html

Mensajes Thu 06 Oct 11 @ 9:05 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)