Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: VDJ on a small screen

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi, I have been using Virtual DJ on desktop PC's and lapops problem free since I got it with my Hercules DJC steel. Now I am trying to run VDJ on a tablet pc (windows 7) with a small size screen (600x800) and it does start up, but minimizes to the taskbar with no possibility to show a normal or maximized window. I would guess tha is because the default skin doesn't fit my screen, but I don't know how to switch to a working skin other than from within the program, that I cannot see... Any help would be appreciated!!

Joris

Mensajes Wed 12 Oct 11 @ 1:58 pm
Download a skin for your res/desktop.

Delete all SKINS under VirtualDJ\Skins and install the Downloaded skin.

Start VDJ.

Mensajes Wed 12 Oct 11 @ 8:40 pm
Before you delete all the skins though select the new skin with the right res you have downloaded in vdj,then close vdj. If you dont do that VDJ will not open up again, as it will be trying to load a skin that is not there anymore.

If that has happened there is a regestry edit to fix it though.

Mensajes Thu 13 Oct 11 @ 5:31 am
You will need to upgrade to the full VirtualDJ Professional (At a considerable discount) to use custom skins and much, much more: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

VirtualDJ Console Edition is limited software and does not support using custom skins. It requires a minimum screen resolution of 1024x768.

NOTE: DON'T delete any skins or the software may not work. In the full Pro, skins can selected via CONFIG -> Skins.

Mensajes Thu 13 Oct 11 @ 5:56 am
Thanks for your responses. First step will be to upgrade to the full version. However, next I have to select a custum skin using the config menu, without having access to that menu because there is no VDJ window visible... Do you have more info on that registry fix @ianmelville?

Mensajes Tue 18 Oct 11 @ 6:15 am
The easiest method would be to temporarily set your screen resolution to 1024x768 via the Windows display control panel. This should eliminate the skin size error when starting the software but the graphics and text will look a little bit odd as result.

If you purchase the full Pro and then install a custom 800x600 skin, you will then be able to go into CONFIG -> Skins and choose this skin. Close the software and then change your display settings back to 800x600.

Mensajes Tue 18 Oct 11 @ 6:53 am
It may not be possible to set the screen res to something higher than what the screen is capable of....

For example, when I was using a 1920x1200 screen, the highest res available in the OS was 1920x1200.

Now I'm using a screen which is only 1440x900 (my large screen died) and the highest res I can select is 1440x900.

Same computer, same OS, same graphics card, same drivers.... Nothing's changed except the screen I have connected.

Mensajes Tue 18 Oct 11 @ 8:07 am
When I get home from work I will post a detailed work around for you.

Use at your own risk though, as if you make a mistake in the registry you can goose your PC.

Mensajes Tue 18 Oct 11 @ 8:55 am
One question first, is your screen res 600x800 or do you mean it's 800x600. I ask this as I don't think there are skins for 600x800, but there is for 800x600?

If it is 800x600 download the CONDENSED v1.7 skin and install it.

now on your computer go to start and in search type regedit - open regedit.

In regedit double click HKEY_CURRENT_USER

Scroll down and double click on Software

Scroll down again till you see VirtualDJ and select VirtualDJ (left click on it) - you should see a long list of values populate the right hand side of the registry editor.

Now in the right hand panel you want to scroll down till you see a red ab icon with the word Skin next to it in the Name column and REG_SZ in the Type column next to it.

Right click on the work Skin and select Modify.

In the box that pops up delete the text highlighted in blue and type this CONDENSED:800x600

You must type that exactly how I have done it case sensitive and no spaces.

Then click on OK and close the registry editor.

Now open VDJ.

REMEMBER TO TAKE YOUR TIME AS YOU COULD BRAKE YOUR PC BY PLAYING ABOUT IN THE REGISTRY, AND YOU DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Hope this helps

Mensajes Tue 18 Oct 11 @ 12:02 pm

Mensajes Tue 18 Oct 11 @ 2:16 pm
Let us know if any of the information was of any help to you

Mensajes Wed 19 Oct 11 @ 2:40 am
Can you use a regular size monitor or small tv with the Virtual DJ Home Addition? My nieces & nephews have trouble singing with the small laptop screen. Is there any way I can correct this? Thanks!

Mensajes Wed 19 Oct 11 @ 3:53 pm

Mensajes Thu 20 Oct 11 @ 5:15 am
Ianmelville you are right, I meant 800x600. I couldn't find the skin item in the registry (only 3 items instead of the long list you mentioned) but added it myself with the correct value. It works! Thank you very much!

Regards,
Joris

Mensajes Wed 26 Oct 11 @ 3:17 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)