Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: multi band EQ with app support

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I dont get here much due to being too busy, which is a nice position to be in eh!

anyway i was at a function last night and its was an awful room, lots of wood, really high ceilings and very little soft furnishings. I set my eq to make things a bit better but as the dance floor filled up i had to re adjust the eq as it sounded a bit lifeless. As the punters left the function and the dance floor became a bit thin towards the end of the night i had to EQ again to compensate. This meant running backwards and forwards

now a multband eq with app support would be great

alternatives?

Mensajes Sun 04 Dec 11 @ 7:01 am
Alternatives? Invest in a hardware EQ. I have 24 band Behringer with limiter and much more that I picked up brand new for less than £100.

Plus the advantage of a hardware EQ is that I can control the sound of all my equipment not just the software.

And it's not unusual to have to adjust the EQ throughout the night as the room dynamics change. If you respect the quality of your sound you should be ready to do this at any time any way ;-)

Cheers,

Roy

Mensajes Sun 04 Dec 11 @ 3:22 pm
I have a dbx dual 31 channel eq and its very good, its the running across the dancefloor to listen whats going on, tweaking then running back out again thats a pain

i suppose the drunken partygoers dont really care but its that one venue where its the worst (have 8 more gigs there this month so once i get it right i should take some notes)

Mensajes Mon 05 Dec 11 @ 3:02 pm
If you are a frequent DJ's on the same at 5-10 times a month i advise you to measure the resonance of the place, take your EQs to work as the real tool to flattened the room response and remove those unwanted frequency that bouncing back and forth. If you have recorded the nice setting on your EQ once you get back there just do your recorded EQs setup and sounds will be the same again.

Mensajes Mon 12 Dec 11 @ 3:05 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)