Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Notepad ability for requests - Page: 2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
OH, can't forget how pissed they get when they request a song and then when you do play it they come running up going "NO THAT IS THE WRONG VERSION" (yes they yell it). Yet they have no idea what version they want. But when you can't guess what they want, they say "oh, so you don't have it then?" (which is when they complain at the door). LOL, which I then reply, "out of 15,000 songs, 1100 music videos and 8 million tracks online, you somehow found something I don't have. Either that or you need to tell me more right information because I can't read your mind".

It may be snotty, but I don't feel bad about smacking the total knobs around. They will complain anyway..

Mensajes Sun 15 Jan 12 @ 4:19 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
You can't let the Tail wag the Dog man, sounds like they're playing games with yeah....

Maybe you just need to smile alot and don't let them intimidate you, laugh at them, ....by buying a chalk board and set it up by your booth and call it "The New Request Board",... make it known that, this is the way request are being taken from Now On....Let them write down their stupid funky songs (If they could)):) with the artist name, this way it's on them,.... Not On You... Then they will look stupider.... cus dem is...

Good Luck,

Joey...

Mensajes Sun 15 Jan 12 @ 5:47 pm
Can't really carry around extra stuff like a chalk board, or hang it for that matter. These are singles dances that are held at different hotel ball rooms every week. These same people go to this and other similar groups in the area that do this same thing every week. So these people are at many of these dances with different DJs every weekend.

The problem is getting the remixes that to other DJs have. I refuse too "share" files, so I don't always have the same mixes as the other guys. Which is why the customer doesn't know which one either. They just ask and the other guys "magicly" have it. It is not worth it to me, to get caught with that stuff. Being the new guy, they don't offer much help either. I only know 1 of them very well and he is the guy that got me in the rotation, because he is getting out.

Long story short, I am many shows into this group. You may feel like the tail wags the dog, but I don't. I work hard for my money, yes. But I am still there when they let other guys go. I can hack it and now that it is not my first 5 shows, I don't fear them like I use to. I have been told since night 1, that I get the floor going faster than any of the other guys. 20 min into the show and it is packed!

I just wanted a better way to organize thier chaos. I don't need to beat the customer or management into submission.

Mensajes Mon 16 Jan 12 @ 8:21 am
Your a better man then cause it seems like they treat you like an Ipod. We don't usually do to many request but we throw hip hop shows so its a different format. If I do take a request she better........well you know, lmao!!

Can't wait to see what Scott has in store for the NotePad app though.
Huey

Mensajes Mon 16 Jan 12 @ 8:30 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Well maybe it's not so bad after all, you do get customers that will push up on you sometimes, the using a "chalk board" idea was not by any means a way to "beat the customer or manage them into submission" not in the least, ...it was just a suggestion in order to control the intimidation you expressed in your post thats all...

I had a similar type of problem once at a venue where I was running a karaoke show and had problems with a few people who thought they was passed over by another person (well I was here before him/her) that kind of stuff.. I was keeping the request slips and I knew the rotation, but still had issues with some, so the "chalk board" cured that problem permanently.....(was sharing what worked for me)....

As a DJ you usually control the music that's why your a DJ, you don't let a few control you, the (tail wag the dog) analogy was just making that point clear, don't take it personal..

Your biggest problem is that you're playing to a crowd that already has a favorite DJ, you'll have to set your own musical path to win.. Good Luck..

Sorry Scott

Mensajes Mon 16 Jan 12 @ 10:28 am
Thanks, and nothing taken personal. This is all creative opions expressed amongst professionals. The chalk board idea is great for Karaoke...

I don't really let them control me as I hold off out of Genre/wild requests and group similar songs. But yes, they like and know many other DJs in and outside of this group. If the musical tastes were not all over and the age range were not 35+, it would be an easier show. But my frustrations are in the past, I have to grow a thicker skin anyway..

As far as the note pad app, I am pretty interested to see where it goes.

Mensajes Mon 16 Jan 12 @ 1:27 pm
what about a linkable ipad feature that I can have the music I have on and they can select the songs and it makes a play list for me of requests including birthdays and stuff.. It would be blue tooth link or as a sub program.. imagine having a pad with song list on a stand and they can look through it and request it..

Mensajes Thu 16 Feb 12 @ 10:51 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)