Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Tema: Transformer fx

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hey guys. I've been searching the plugins section for an effect that emulates the fader movements of the transformer scratch created by Jazzy Jeff. Is there one available? If not, is someone working on one?

Mensajes Thu 16 Feb 12 @ 11:35 am
yep there is a couple,

trans, cut, trance m gate, auto cut, gates (if you want some white noise thrown in), if you want a vst you can use "moot"

personally I like "moot" the best as it has many options and locks to both the bpm and the cbg. You can also adjust the cut amount, the shape from square to sine, you can invert the cut and it has a full kill "mute" button which is a great kill when you are using an echo effect, but be warned it is a cpu whore.

My favorite vdj effect is duen duens "trans", this syncs to the bpm, but it depends on you pressing it at the right time to get it on the grid, and has a wet/dry slider.

Mensajes Thu 16 Feb 12 @ 11:48 am
Sounds about rite. I'm about to try it out...It would be kewl if you could edit the cutz like you would on the beat grid effect.

Mensajes Thu 16 Feb 12 @ 11:57 am
in that case use trance m gate, it's a trance gate... lol that means a sequenced gate you can adjust the sync time, and the tension of the cut, it's pretty cool, but you really need a solid noise straight from a synth for it to really work well ;)

Mensajes Thu 16 Feb 12 @ 12:03 pm
Just tried the "trans" and I'm pretty impressed. Nothing is going to match the OG fader but this is pretty darn close. Like i said earlier it would be kewler if i could manipulate my own cutz/slices to create a signature transform. OAN I think I am going to map this as a "_while Pressed" effect...

EDIT: I'm a slow poke LOL. I'll try it...

Mensajes Thu 16 Feb 12 @ 12:16 pm
The Gate is not for me. Not quite what I'm looking for...But the "trans" is on point, though.

Mensajes Thu 16 Feb 12 @ 12:23 pm
I take that back. I would really have to cue it up in headphones because it works different with other songs...I like it too...

Mensajes Thu 16 Feb 12 @ 12:26 pm
just a tip, stick it on your jog touchpad, it's pretty fun. Im still looking for a transform that you can set the bpm for that doesn't sync with the playing track and has 1, 3/4, 1/2, 1/4 sizes to really replicate the efx1000 transform, check out james zabiela when he transforms and brakes the record with a 3/4 cut, it sound's awesome, that is the last peice of the efx1000 puzzle, duen duen has already done the feedback loop "delay efx1000".

Mensajes Thu 16 Feb 12 @ 12:26 pm
I'll be checking that him out. he has some good going on with these few fx that I've tried today...Thanks for putting me on them. Keep me posted on the other ones you find

Mensajes Thu 16 Feb 12 @ 12:31 pm
Yeah he's nutz

Mensajes Thu 16 Feb 12 @ 12:37 pm
anything by duen duen or tex zk is amazing, they have really stepped up the quality of effects in vdj check them all out, notable ones are beatmasher_single, beatslicer, delay efx1000, multitap delay, gate echo, ramp delay, 3p delay, echo doppler, noisebell I have them all as jog effects on my icon idj, Give me your email and i'll send you the instruction manual if you want, it has all the essential effects mapped into it.

Mensajes Thu 16 Feb 12 @ 1:00 pm
lol you have my email. I've sent it again, though.

Mensajes Thu 16 Feb 12 @ 2:42 pm
synthet1c wrote :
yep there is a couple,

trans, cut, trance m gate, auto cut, gates (if you want some white noise thrown in), if you want a vst you can use "moot"

personally I like "moot" the best as it has many options and locks to both the bpm and the cbg. You can also adjust the cut amount, the shape from square to sine, you can invert the cut and it has a full kill "mute" button which is a great kill when you are using an echo effect, but be warned it is a cpu whore.

My favorite vdj effect is duen duens "trans", this syncs to the bpm, but it depends on you pressing it at the right time to get it on the grid, and has a wet/dry slider.

Where can i download this Moot you speak of? Cant find it in the entire downloads section of this website.

Mensajes Sat 05 Aug 17 @ 5:03 am

Mensajes Sat 05 Aug 17 @ 8:10 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)