Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Netsearch not working - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello,

we are a primiam member and were having issues with the netsearch download. We are gearing up for a prom today and getting all there music together. Half way thro doing so, the netsearch stopped working. This has happend before at gigs were it would not let us search or download songs anymore. We have a strong connnection to the internet, but it will not search. We need this resulved asap!

Mensajes Sat 12 May 12 @ 12:33 pm
So I went to one of our other work computers (we have the pro version licensed on two) and it will not search on there either. But it will pull up music videos. Is there a problem on VDJ end?

Mensajes Sat 12 May 12 @ 12:40 pm
I am having this same exact problem and would like very much if someone has found a fix to this, I noticed after about searching for 20 or so songs, it just doesnt search, it says it searched but it does not, since music videos still load i assume it is something on the grooveshark end

Mensajes Sat 07 Jul 12 @ 4:52 pm
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yeah, I've seen this plenty of times too. I simply cache the files I know I'll need in a night well before hand (I think each track d/led has the usage rights for 28 days or so). Older tracks I've still got floating around I tend to refresh the authorisations at the same time. This lets me have the necessary tunes I don't already have prior to the night, with them analyzed etc and when requests come in it leaves me free to get them on the night. I've never had a problem at a gig working this way. Yeah sure its a bummer having to d/l them in advance but hey - thats all part of the planning for me

@clint novak: How come your not listed as a premium user? I'd chat to support about that if you're subscription is running with no public display! :op

Mensajes Sat 07 Jul 12 @ 5:23 pm
I've had the same issue during an event, or the whole program will freeze just before the song ends , and your standing there helpless, pissed and ready for a refund. I've learned that-to get the best out of VDJ, turn off the automatic windows update and monitor the updates manually. download the song and play it until you see the red dot next to the song (about 25sec) meaning that it was played and now recognized, and if it doesn't play, delete it and re-download another version /cache the songs before you leave the house, close all open windows, any running programs, and disconnect the internet.

Mensajes Wed 25 Jul 12 @ 7:47 pm
I'M having this problem right now stream unavalible. What am i paying for when i need it to work it won't.

Mensajes Wed 29 Aug 12 @ 10:43 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Just downloaded a song myself to test.
I may be miss reading this, but it looks like some of you are loading a song directly to a deck and not caching it first. I would never do that in a gig. Download it, analyze it, and listen to it first, before putting it on live!

Mensajes Wed 29 Aug 12 @ 11:44 pm
Similar issue. Net search works on home wifi but not anywhere else. I have access to Wi-Fi at many venues. Is this normal? I can get online but vdj won't net search. It says "no internet connection ".

Separate issue: where are the videos? Stream not available? I am a premium subscriber $9.99 month. Is that not included anymore?

Mensajes Thu 11 Oct 12 @ 1:29 pm
If it works OK at home but not through the Wi-Fi at venues where you work, then this could be due to firewall restrictions that venue has on their router to restrict usage. Please check with the venue to see whether this is the case or not. You can also cache files at home before going to a gig: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Can%20I%20use%20NetSearch%20with%20no%20Internet%20connection.html

Regarding videos, please see our FAQ pages: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/I%20am%20unable%20to%20load%20or%20play%20videos%20in%20NetSearch.html

Mensajes Fri 12 Oct 12 @ 5:57 am
craighPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Make sure you're running V7.2
Netsearch Video wouldn't work on 7.1 for me until I upgraded.

EDIT: It might have been 7.0.x that wasn't working for me.

Mensajes Tue 16 Oct 12 @ 5:34 am
It seems odd that I can use another music service through the wi-fi at the venue. Firewall probably isn't in place...or is it a setting with VDJ? I usually cache what I think I will need. As you probably guess stuff happens and a song that isn't planned or a change at the last minute. If I can get online while there and use *tunes (only option that day) then is there a setting in VDJ?

I was not getting any vidoes at home to cache until the 7.2 update.

Mensajes Wed 24 Oct 12 @ 10:12 am
Net search started working on other wireless networks. It seems I had to retype the password after each session. It seemed odd but I tried it.

Mensajes Tue 06 Nov 12 @ 2:35 pm
craighPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Make sure you have an Internet connection when you load VDJ. I find that I VDJ only auto connects if it has an Internet connection on startup.
If I Load VDJ then connect to the Internet I have to type the password.

Craig

Mensajes Tue 06 Nov 12 @ 3:23 pm
Are you using more than one computer? If so, when you log in on a computer, it will log you out on any others that you have been using and you will need to enter your password again.

NetSearch/Premium Membership can only be used on one computer at a time.

Mensajes Wed 07 Nov 12 @ 2:36 pm
I can understand the whole reason for only allowing one computer to connect at any one time to help prevent people sharing logins etc but it can be a pain sometimes as I take 2 laptops with me to events. I don't suppose there are any plans to change this so that any computers logged in through an IP address for example can connect? Or maybe some additional criteria to let two or more computers connect simultaneously?

If not, no biggie - I usually just load up tracks on the backup which would be suitable for the event and which would not necessarily be played as part of my main set

Mensajes Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 1:18 pm
You can always ask in the wishes & new features forum, but it's unlikely that this will change. It could easily be abused (E.g: Club owner with two rooms using the same login on two computers) and may also be part of the agreement with Grooveshark.

You can cache most of the music you need on your backup PC, and it's easy to log in if you need to start using it live (Due to a problem with your main computer.)

Mensajes Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 8:33 am
@Nebula it's against the T&Cs to run two copies of VDJ at the same time anyway!

Mensajes Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 9:44 am
Ah, OK - I didn't realise that! Sorry! I'll come up with another backup solution. Probably record a 15 min mix and run it through media player or an iPod or something similar. Would actually be slightly easier than carting around a second laptop anyway and as I was thinking of reducing my kit might as well act now and change it around!

Thanks for the heads up. Mind you, what about the bundled software that came with one of my controllers. Would that be allowed until I can sort the iPod out?

Mensajes Sun 18 Nov 12 @ 5:17 am
I see the point about the service being abused!

Also, On Friday night I was using cached tracks and the laptop would freeze for between 20-45 secs each time a file was loaded. I was using a portable wifi hotspot from my phone and the tracks had been cached the evening before. Do you think that the freezes were caused by VDJ attempting to refresh the cache authorisations on the fly? Regular, non-cached files were loading fine, and the functionality of VDJ was perfect apart from this. As it happens, I was able to run without the need for the backup laptop

Mensajes Sun 18 Nov 12 @ 5:29 am
Nebula wrote :
what about the bundled software that came with one of my controllers.

Yeah, if you have two or more different versions (or two licenses) then that's fine.

I was referring to running two installs (which is permitted) of the same version at the same time.

Mensajes Sun 18 Nov 12 @ 6:55 am
91%