Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: VP6/Avi video codec not working anymore

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Does anyone know how to get VP6 Avi files to play? Did K-lite change something in later versions which disabled this?
I was formerly able to play these avi files with VDJ on an older computer but now on my new Win 7 (64) laptop I have no luck.
I also tried to play these in Windows Media player and also Media Player Classic on several computers including a Vista (32) machine with no luck.
Also tried VLC player with no luck. In VDJ I changed the codec for avi to windows media decoder and so on. I have the latest version of K-Lite (86 & 64 bit) versions installed. Can anyone help me with this? TIA!

BTW the sound does play but the video does not play...

Mensajes Tue 26 Jun 12 @ 11:21 am

Mensajes Tue 26 Jun 12 @ 1:42 pm
Thx but no luck!

Mensajes Wed 27 Jun 12 @ 6:34 pm
is the extension vp6 ?

if it is vp6, VDJ will not see/know what that file is until you add it.

Try adding vp6 and use codec VDJ Video Codec, if that won't work, then try Windows Media codec.

Mensajes Wed 27 Jun 12 @ 10:30 pm
The extension is .avi however the codec according to media info is vp6 (vp61). Is there a way to directly get VDJ to utilize the ffdshow decoder? This apparently is supposed to decode vp6 and other flash video formats.

I read somewhere also that the vp6 decoder sometimes was buggy and needed to be installed with the windows UAC turned on. I tried this with no luck either.

Again this use to work on my vista 32 older dJ computer with an older version of k-lite. In VDJ it worked before by using the Windows Media Decoder (aka the generic windows decoder).

I think I might try cherry picking the older version of the vp6 dll in the sys32 directory of the old computer and copying it to the new one... I'm not even sure what it's called though lol

Mensajes Thu 28 Jun 12 @ 2:29 pm
Oh VDJ codec gods any suggestions?

Mensajes Mon 02 Jul 12 @ 7:51 pm
Did you ever get this resolved having same problem

Mensajes Sun 10 Feb 13 @ 2:29 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
What problem?

In the OP he couldn't play the files outside of VDJ either, so it suggests his problem was elsewhere.

If you change the file extension to windows media player video decoder then its up to your system to decode the video by the way of direct show filters.

Mensajes Sun 10 Feb 13 @ 7:34 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)