Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: [NEW] VirtualDJ 7.2 - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello,

In line with what we announced with the release of version 7.1, here comes again a new version while waiting for v8.

VirtualDJ version 7.2.

The main new feature ported back from v8 is colored waveforms. (though it does look better in v8 with the fully hardware-accelerated directX engine :D).
Just go to config->options->colored-waveform to activate or deactivate it.

We also put in a few features requests that were coming frequently on the forum, such as quadratic volume faders, video delay, video fade-to-black not linked with audio volume, and we fixed the cover download from Amazon and Google to handle the new protocols of those companies.

As usual, update is free for Pro, Basic, and Broadcaster users.
You can get it from your download center.

IMPORTANT NOTE: this version changes the default behavior of the volume faders.
While before the volume fader had a linear curve (meaning you would hear the song even with the volume fader almost at the bottom), they now by default have a quadratic curve (meaning you start to hear the song when the fader is almost at the middle).
The quadratic curve is more in line with the industry standard, but if you got used to work with VirtualDJ's old linear curve, be aware of the change. We recommend practicing a little before going live with the new version.
If you want to get the old behavior back, just use the VDJScript "levelfader_curve 0" or edit the registry "faderCurve" to 0.

Mensajes Wed 10 Oct 12 @ 9:09 am
PhiDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
wow! updates after updates - Thanks VDJ team!

Mensajes Wed 10 Oct 12 @ 9:15 am
Great work... Downloaded and will be testing this evening...

There goes my work project deadline!

Cheers,

Roy

Mensajes Wed 10 Oct 12 @ 9:21 am
getafixPRO InfinityMember since 2010
nice to see this coming so quickly after the poor 7.1 update.

Mensajes Wed 10 Oct 12 @ 9:23 am
Thanks team!!!

Mensajes Wed 10 Oct 12 @ 9:24 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Mensajes Wed 10 Oct 12 @ 9:25 am
Fantastic!

Just shows the dev team truly are still committed to V7 whilst working on V8 at the same time.

Keith

Oh come on, I got important work to do here! Don't make me install the new version and try it...ah whatever. *plugs in laptop*

(PS: Thank you!)

Wow, thank you so much!! Things like that convince me that the VDJ team really do know what professional DJs want. I had to try and do a botch using param-multiply to get my vci400 faders a little bit more 'quadratic' lol.

Speaking of professional features, I'm sure you've got it covered for VDJ 8 but some sort of 'clip' light for each mixer channel and the master output so you know that you haven't turned the gain up too much or gone overboard with the effects would be very useful. Pretty much a 'as long as these lights are off then there's no distortion' sort of thing.

Mensajes Wed 10 Oct 12 @ 9:28 am
YEZZIR!!!!!

Mensajes Wed 10 Oct 12 @ 9:34 am
So this is only color for the waveforms on the decks, not the large waveforms above the decks? Or is this due to my custom skin?

Mensajes Wed 10 Oct 12 @ 9:36 am

At scratchwaves (its where most all wants color waveforms)
And also at song position waves

Mensajes Wed 10 Oct 12 @ 9:37 am
Thanks team...

Mensajes Wed 10 Oct 12 @ 9:40 am
Will check it out tonight. Brilliant... I'm only a registered pro buyer since a few weeks and already 2 updates... :D At the competition I was waiting 2.5 for fixes - and they never came...

Mensajes Wed 10 Oct 12 @ 9:42 am
Colored Wave forms are a life saver ty VDJ

Mensajes Wed 10 Oct 12 @ 9:51 am
and here I thought you lazy bastards were just stringing us along. ; )
thanks for the goodies

Mensajes Wed 10 Oct 12 @ 9:55 am
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Would the 7.0x or 7.1 exe play nice after an install of 7.2? I used to do this back prior going from 5.x to 6.x

Would any registry settings be impacted by using 7.2 should I need to use previous?

Thanks!!!

Mensajes Wed 10 Oct 12 @ 9:57 am
Nice!! And THANK YOU FOR THE VIDEO FADE TO BLACK!!!

So looking forward to 8!!

Mensajes Wed 10 Oct 12 @ 9:59 am
ewitles wrote :
Would the 7.0x or 7.1 exe play nice after an install of 7.2? I used to do this back prior going from 5.x to 6.x

That will still work fine ;)

Mensajes Wed 10 Oct 12 @ 10:06 am
MehTechPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Sweeeeet!

Mensajes Wed 10 Oct 12 @ 10:06 am
6%