Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Timecode Vinyl - Distortion in Sound

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I'm using a DN X1600 mixer, and two Technics 1200s Got the timecode working, however there is a constant distortion in the sound.

Using NEW Serato v2 time code vinyl, and as you see a near perfect circle, and NEW needles. Noticing the quality is 2-5%

Any ideas?

Mensajes Wed 12 Dec 12 @ 2:12 pm

Mensajes Wed 12 Dec 12 @ 2:12 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Are you using the advanced sound config by chance?

Mensajes Wed 12 Dec 12 @ 3:36 pm
I am indeed... It's the only way to configure the mixer with vinyl timecode. Is that ok?

Mensajes Wed 12 Dec 12 @ 4:10 pm
?

Mensajes Thu 13 Dec 12 @ 10:57 am
Unfortunately my testing shows that the X1600 inputs suffer from signal distortion when used with VDJ advanced sound config :(

Mensajes Thu 13 Dec 12 @ 12:05 pm
I just spent $1000 on a device listed in your hardware section that actually isn't compatible. Is that correct?

Mensajes Thu 13 Dec 12 @ 12:15 pm
Would Virtual DJ like to buy my $1000 mixer back that I actually can't use?

Mensajes Thu 13 Dec 12 @ 12:24 pm
I'm really pist.

Mensajes Thu 13 Dec 12 @ 12:29 pm

Mensajes Thu 13 Dec 12 @ 12:29 pm
I want an official apology from Atomix. This is NOT ok. I bought the item DIRECTLY from the link on the website. There's like 5,000 mixers available and only a few are listed on the website. Why would I assume it's NOT COMPATIBLE? This is NOT my fault.

Mensajes Thu 13 Dec 12 @ 12:50 pm
As per your other thread, please raise a support ticket and one of the team will respond to you.

Regards

Keith

Mensajes Thu 13 Dec 12 @ 1:01 pm
Yes, I'll go away.

Mensajes Thu 13 Dec 12 @ 1:27 pm
We are being polite and trying to help. By raising a support ticket you will be able to access the Atomix Technical Support Team directly who may be able to give you a solution.

Regards

Keith

Mensajes Thu 13 Dec 12 @ 1:33 pm
I found a solution that I would like to share for any other DJs out the with the same problem. Buy the BBE phono preamp and use it for channel 1. Put the other deck in channel 2 phono input. Then you don't need to use advanced config. Problem solved.

Mensajes Thu 13 Dec 12 @ 3:20 pm
Sorry for not responding quicker - I'm currently balancing work and an ill son whilst also suffering a dose of man flu myself.

The current issue with the X1600 only affects advanced config - the development team are aware of the issue and it will definitely be resolved in a future update - it only affects the inputs too, outputs are unaffected in advanced mode.

It does indeed affect the ability to use TCV with Virtual DJ as channel 1 is line only on this mixer. The workaround is as you've realised - a phono preamp or a separate soundcard.

The device itself is compatible, there is just an issue affecting one channel for TCV. If you're using it for TCCD or non-timecode use there is no issue.

Mensajes Fri 14 Dec 12 @ 11:09 am
If you are definitely fixing in on the next update, that would be great. I got it working, I would just prefer not to have to use an additional device to make it work, not to mention I would much prefer channels 2/3 (in the middle) to control volume for decks 1 and 2. It's kind of awkward having volume faders to the left instead of the middle. I really would like to configure it using the advanced set-up. I'm sure other DJs would like to as well. Thanks again and sorry to be a pain.

Mensajes Mon 17 Dec 12 @ 12:53 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)