Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Send Return

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello @all
i got an nice idea :-)

At the Moment i am using a Denon MC 6000 and VDJ Pro full. I am very happy with this but i would like to have an effect controller like the RMX 1000 or a korg Caos pad, cause the VDJ effects are good....but i'd like to have some of them. To use so a controller i have to put it in a send/return Jack and thats my problem... i don't have one... and i won't buy 2 CDJs and a Mixer with Send Return, cause they are very exspensive :-( but maybe VDJ can do this for me...

so here is my idea:

i thought alot about timecode befor i got the idea ;-)

normal setting of RMX 1000:
Send ----(music from Send - without effects)------> RMX 1000 ------------(music with effects)----------> Return

my idea:
The soundcard sends a signal throught the RMX 1000 witch is like the timecode signal. Then the RMX 1000 puts effects on it. The signal gets back in the soundcard. Then VDJ analyzes the signal and modulates the Track in exactly the same way.
can this work??? would be a great alternative :-)

greets
chris

PS: sry for my bad english ;-))

Mensajes Fri 04 Jan 13 @ 2:01 pm
Or if you had a soundcard such as an SL3 with an extra out/in use that as an effect send/return..............so since we can use multiple soundcards hook up 2 and use 1 for effects.

either way +1

Mensajes Fri 04 Jan 13 @ 7:10 pm
+1000 that's for my EFX1000 that has been gathering dust since I went digital because we don't have an effect send/return ;-)

Mensajes Sat 05 Jan 13 @ 5:35 am
yep would be nice....but i don't have the abilities to do that.... :-/
i don't know how to write a plugin...
somebody does??

Mensajes Sat 05 Jan 13 @ 4:07 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Only problem with a software based send/return is the potential latency increase - at the moment (ignoring timecodes) you have your playback latency. With send/return in place you have a playback, a record and another playback.

Mensajes Sat 05 Jan 13 @ 5:06 pm
ah ok.... yeah the latency would be higher...

Mensajes Sat 05 Jan 13 @ 5:54 pm
SBDJ wrote :
Only problem with a software based send/return is the potential latency increase - at the moment (ignoring timecodes) you have your playback latency. With send/return in place you have a playback, a record and another playback.

Ive used Traktor and it wasn't really an issue even with timecodes and since we (VDJ) is better then Traktor (my opinion) I'm sure the team could sort this out ;-)
This is a missing link along with the sampler. Those 2 things need to be addressed, hopefully in 8.

Mensajes Sat 05 Jan 13 @ 6:50 pm
hm...would it be so a big latency?? You would need a good soundcard... and a good pc...

Mensajes Sun 06 Jan 13 @ 2:06 pm
Cool_ChrisXD wrote :
i am using a Denon MC 6000

send/return Jack and thats my problem... i don't have one

Yes you do! The MC6000 has a booth/send section. You can use this for your send.

The return channel can be any spare input. Mic 2, aux 1, aux 2 etc.

Mensajes Mon 07 Jan 13 @ 8:02 am
Cool_ChrisXD wrote :

my idea:
The soundcard sends a signal throught the RMX 1000 witch is like the timecode signal. Then the RMX 1000 puts effects on it. The signal gets back in the soundcard. Then VDJ analyzes the signal and modulates the Track in exactly the same way.
can this work??? would be a great alternative :-)

No, it won't work!

First of all the FX unit won't be able to pick up the beats. You will have to TAP the beats every time.
Second, most of the effects on such units won't just "modulate" the signal. They will alter it in a way beyond recognition.
Third, several effects WON'T work! Imagine an effect that splits the audio in two signals (LOW & HI freq) and applies different "modulation" on each. Such an effect WON'T work since the "timecode effect" signal would be a simple sine (with error correction e.t.c.) somewhere between 1000 and 2000Hz
Last: A "filter" type effect would actually disable the "TC signal" all together...

If you want to use FX send/return then I would suggest to use a hardware solution. A "real" hardware mixer with send/return capabilities among with an FX unit.

Mensajes Mon 07 Jan 13 @ 12:11 pm
@PhantomDJ oke thanks for the answer ! i know that problem.... hardware would be better....

@groovindj thabks :D that would be great. Do you use this setting??

Mensajes Tue 08 Jan 13 @ 2:31 pm
Cool_ChrisXD wrote :
@groovindj thabks :D that would be great. Do you use this setting??

I don't have an MC-6000, but most of my mixers have send/return, so I do use it if (or when) I use external FX.

Mensajes Tue 08 Jan 13 @ 3:28 pm
I have a MC-6000.
It does not have a send/return, but it has a selectable booth out. You can select decks 1-4 or master to be sent on the booth out. Then you can take the return signal and feed it back on a spare deck.
It's NOT the ideal solution, but it will do the trick.
As a bonus you can do some nasty effects by controlling the "wet/dry" signals by hand. You have the deck's slider as "dry" and the feedback slider as "wet". Of course it's tricky to work this way but if anyone wants to experiment it's a good start!

Mensajes Wed 09 Jan 13 @ 1:09 am
ah oke thank you!!! :-)
the only thing that would be a problem : switch in the middle of a track to the same on ch1...

Mensajes Wed 09 Jan 13 @ 12:21 pm
MC 6000 has 4 inputs. Line1, Line 2, AUX1, and AUX2.
Line 1 and Line2 can be assigned on ANY chanel fader on the fly!
AUX1 can be assigned only on CH1 & CH2 and AUX2 can be assigned only on CH3 and CH4

Gotta love those matrix chanel selectors!!! :)

Mensajes Fri 11 Jan 13 @ 2:18 am
Still wish we had an internal send/return with some post fader effects as Well as the ability to use a free channel to use use for send/return.....

Mensajes Fri 11 Jan 13 @ 7:53 am
I have the MC6000 and is the best mixer for the cost. However, greatly frustrated with effect control. This goes for any mixer on the market.

Great internal effects (including a master channel) would be the ultimate solution. Currently, I'm just running everything through the Pioneer 800. Unfortunately, I can't record a set with those effects.

There should be a dedicated section / programmer that can replicate the most popular or coolest effects on the market. There are sooooo many to choose from, but realistically, there are only a handful that we can't live without. There's many effects to download and use internally. But to be honest, they don't sound nearly as good as the ones you'd find on dedicated systems.

IE, Is there a better sounding flange than on the Pioneer 800 and can beat sync past 64 beats?
NONE that I have heard sound as sweet.

Mensajes Sun 13 Jan 13 @ 3:34 pm
JameySewell wrote :
Great internal effects would be the ultimate solution

There are enough VST effect plugins to keep most people satisfied for several lifetimes.

Some free, some costing more than VDJ itself. Plenty of choice though. Even Pioneer are doing it now, with the RMX-1000 plugin.

Mensajes Sun 13 Jan 13 @ 4:33 pm
VST's are great but not all work with VDJ and not all work when using timecodes (yes I'm one of the few who still does). This is one of the few places VDJ is lacking the most compared to others, plus when 8 drops how many of the authors are going to go back and modify there plug ins?? I say not many and I'll give you an example..........we can now fade the video decks without the volume, well try fading a deck during a transition. The fade will have no effect because no one has went back and re wrote the plug in. While there are a lot of good effects we need better effects. I don't use many of them cause of this fact, theres no order with them. 1 author might have his wet/dry on slider 1 while another has his on slider 3, sucks when you start mapping cause you have to do special things for one or another......... I say either there created in house or make the authors meet a certain criteria.........

That just my 0.02 cents.......

Mensajes Sun 13 Jan 13 @ 9:44 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I Totally agree with you on this one Huey, It's Crazy and not worth using because it consumes to much time and effert... They should all conform to a standard like Abelton does and other recording software.. They all have a standard to make it easier for the user to learn and use across many vst's..

Mensajes Mon 21 Jan 13 @ 1:10 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)