Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: samples to songs..

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I wanted to know if it would be posible to link sound samples to songs , so when you load the songs the samples would load as well.

Mensajes Tue 29 Jan 13 @ 2:10 am
Sure could, check the plugin forum for "CueMacro "......... VDJ script is SOOOO dam powerful!!

Mensajes Tue 29 Jan 13 @ 6:09 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
No there isn't in the way you aked your quesion which I'm assuming is "Automatically" load, once you load the track into a deck, Correct?

Well i also see a need for this feature which I know other programs have it and I've used it myself which would be an improvement and a Big help organizing things for those of us who play thousands of tracks and many genres throughout the year in and year out..

You can't remember everything so programing it while it's in your head will improve things for every user of VDJ, other programs do it and I believe VDJ can too, it's priceless and will help keep you on top of your game.

Here's hoping VDJ can get this done....

Mensajes Tue 29 Jan 13 @ 9:21 am
Have you not tried the plugin yet??? Cause if you attach your samples to the first cue point they will all load when you load the track........ sure it's a plugin but you can still do what you want.

Mensajes Tue 29 Jan 13 @ 9:34 am
So how would the code go?

Has it got to be a huge long string along the lines of

sampler select 1 & sampler load "nameofsample" & sampler select 2 & sampler load "nameofanother sample"

....and endlessly on and on for all twelve slots?

Not exactly user friendly or quick if you've got to do that (changing the sample names each time) for every song.

Mensajes Tue 29 Jan 13 @ 9:47 am
Apologies Keith & Groovin,

If he where to have it set at the first cue point (hopefully it's at the beginning of the track, lol) as soon as he loaded it it should start to load the samples as Well. I do this exact same thing but with accapelles and instrumentals. VDJ will always (well usually ) load a track to the first cue point as long as it's already set. Now I know this isn't ideal but it'll work in a pinch.

Mensajes Tue 29 Jan 13 @ 12:36 pm
Yes, I've just given it a try with one sample. When you load the track, the sample will load too.

I'm realising other possibilities too:

You could have certain samples start playing at specific points in the song. Say for example there's a section where there's no beat. You could set a cue point there and have a bass drum loop load and play when the song reaches that part.

The only thing is you have to remember to activate the CueMacro plugin after starting VDJ for the magic to happen.

Mensajes Tue 29 Jan 13 @ 1:34 pm
groovindj wrote :
Yes, I've just given it a try with one sample. When you load the track, the sample will load too.

The only thing is you have to remember to activate the CueMacro plugin after starting VDJ for the magic to happen.

...And that is the root problem here when we play hundreds of songs weekly and would like to triigger alot more then what you could remember at times as your playing, you could pick up alot of beefy parts in some songs while at a gig that you may miss at home and would like to some how automate this process. But seriously you can't match up hundreds of micros with hundreds of songs and expect you the user to remember while at a gig, This is not practical and not user friendly at all.

I'm not knocking Scott's attempt to address this missing feature, If all your doing is a few here and there then it's okey, It's just not enough and to involved to really be practical...

Mensajes Tue 29 Jan 13 @ 3:15 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
With my plugin it's a case of library preparation - and I've included user definable re-usable macros there too to help simplify that process.

You don't need to do anything other than associate a command or macro with a cue point - and you can name the cue point to remind you what it is too as I ignore anything outside of my command markers. I'm not sure what you think the user has to remember?

Associating actions with time is always going to require time and effort on the part of the user. There is no way around that?

Mensajes Wed 30 Jan 13 @ 10:49 am
SBDJ wrote :
With my plugin it's a case of library preparation - and I've included user definable re-usable macros there too to help simplify that process.

You don't need to do anything other than associate a command or macro with a cue point - and you can name the cue point to remind you what it is too as I ignore anything outside of my command markers. I'm not sure what you think the user has to remember?

Associating actions with time is always going to require time and effort on the part of the user. There is no way around that?

User should remember Nothing once it's set, set it ...and forget it..... practical automation protocol that enhances the usability of the feature for the user...

I'll explain it differently, once you made your settings to that media file you Don't have to think about it anymore other then editing it if you need to, much in the same way we use our cue point feature or when you "Play This video file" when you "Load That Audio file" (Link Video) every time you Use It in the software making it more Functional, Easier to use and More Desirable for the user to utilize it...

There will be one action and that is to set it up once just like we do with the "Link Video" and "Cue Point" feature, but we never have to match or prepare anything at the gig again in order to use it.... Just set it and forget it..

DJ's for the most part just want to concentrate on the task of musically entertaining their crowd, not so much on the mechanics or programing chores at a gig to get good results... I know this is doable, I've seen this in action and myself and others have requested this in the past....You can do it AtoMix

Mensajes Wed 30 Jan 13 @ 12:27 pm
Joey what exactly are you wanting to do here?? You've never clearly stated your intent here and I'm confused (yes I know not hard to do)..... I for one am always switching up my linked videos, gotta keep it fresh or the show gets stale. As far as linking samples to cue points I don't really ever seeing myself doing that cause the samples change often for me. I mainly use Scott's plugin for video effects. More specific, launching my logo or drinks specials. I would much rather do things on my own but then again our mixing styles probably are completely different.

But still what exactly are you trying/wanting to do??

Mensajes Thu 31 Jan 13 @ 9:21 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Using my plugin to load samples per track will work, but as has been said is not exactly user friendly.

Mensajes Thu 31 Jan 13 @ 11:51 am
@beatbreaker 1

Basically, it's having the option and the ability to mechanize what you like to use on a track that works, including VST's much like what you could do in abelton, link to recall those settings and still can change any parameter within that file if needed...

Scenario: Order your pizza with all the preset toppings or call up the preset menu to trigger those toppings you'll like to use today...

Mensajes Thu 31 Jan 13 @ 1:52 pm
SBDJ wrote :
Using my plugin to load samples per track will work, but as has been said is not exactly user friendly.

Yes I do understand that Scott, and I do appreciate you at least addressing this missing feature in some way...

You also have a limit of 12 samples so revamping how the samples and effects get into an effects menu that links to a media file with all the selected effects would be a better way with no limits, within reason of course...

Mensajes Thu 31 Jan 13 @ 2:14 pm
Yeah Roy I also posted in that same thread, maybe it should look like when you load a track a window or a panel will pop up with those settings and options for easy access if needed on the focus/active deck...

Mensajes Thu 31 Jan 13 @ 5:06 pm
this is great. I love the idea as I can premake sample loops in the same speed and then link the set to the cue and macro but it would be sick if it was easy. I have no problem working on this 5 days a week till im happy..

Mensajes Thu 07 Feb 13 @ 11:52 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)