Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: unplugging hardware without crash, possible?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have a main controller (vms4.1) I use to dj with. I also have 2 midi fighters, and a korg nanopad I use to control, loops, effects, samples, yadda yadda...

at the end of the night I like to let a few songs play as I'm packing up, is there anyway I can unplug my USB devices (midi fighters, nanopad2) without crashing VDJ and its current track its playing? I realize I CAN'T unplug my vms4.1 (im not a re-re) as im running the xlr outs through it, but its the last thing I pack anyways.

-cheers

Mensajes Sun 07 Apr 13 @ 10:58 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
As long as you are using a recent version of Virtual DJ there should be no issue with unplugging MIDI devices.

Mensajes Mon 08 Apr 13 @ 4:10 pm
7.4 maybe i should uninstall and reinstall, ive just installed the new version over the past versions since 7.0.5

does it have something to do with the way i've mapped my devices? i've mapped them myself. and i DO have a track running when i unplug, it doesn't "crash" i guess, but it pops up "not responding" error message. i guess a "crash" is where the program just closes with no message.

there probably isn't a way to actually do what im wanting, but i just thought i'd ask

-cheers

Mensajes Mon 08 Apr 13 @ 6:53 pm
plug in an MP3 player (phone maybe) or use WinAmp.

Then you can shutdown VDJ and unplug all you want.

Mensajes Tue 09 Apr 13 @ 9:59 am
I see what your saying here, but its not really what im trying to resolve. i'll try reinstalling vdj fresh today and see if it still locks up when unplugging usb devices.

you also have to think, what if I was in the middle of a set, and for whatever reason one of my USB devices accidently becomes unplugged? I don't feel the entire system should crash because a USB device (especially not the soundcard unit) came unplugged. I should be able to at least hook it back up, "rescan for devices" and it recognize again, without having to close and reopen vdj.

maybe this is something they can fix in 8, I don't know

Mensajes Tue 09 Apr 13 @ 11:03 am
I'd say it's more to do with the operating system that VDJ itself.

Once a device is plugged in and recognised by the OS, it's expected to stay there - unless you specifically instruct the OS to disconnect it (rather than just pulling it without warning).

When you unplug these devices, are you doing it properly or just yanking them out?

Mensajes Tue 09 Apr 13 @ 12:24 pm

Mensajes Tue 09 Apr 13 @ 9:41 pm
yeah, I actually didn't even think about "safely removing hardware" lol and im using Win7. so i'll have to try that tomorrow

Mensajes Tue 09 Apr 13 @ 9:43 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
SecretSeven,

Are you using a USB HUB?

The only way that I have seen this problem is if I have the usb sound card in the same USB HUB where is the sound card connected. If you want to do this in the way you are use to, it would be better to connect the VMS4.1 in a single USB port, same for the other MIDI devices you want to disconnect. If you disconnect a device from a usb hub it pause to re-discover what is connected to it. Is like disconnect all what is in the hub and connect it again, that's why VirtualDJ crash.

I have test this with a MC-6000 and a RMX2 and a DJ Control Instinct, I can disconnect any of those and VirtualDJ don't crash.

Mensajes Tue 16 Apr 13 @ 7:49 am
I never use usb hubs, my laptop has 4 usb ports, 2 are 2.0 and 2 are 3.0, I only use the 3.0 for my external hdd for speed, the vms4.1 is 2.0 and my other controller is also in 2.0 port. I notice that if i'm NOT currently playing a track, then I can remove the device. but if im currently playing anything and I try removing that extra controller then VDJ will "stop responding" and crash. so I guess for now i'll just wait til the song ends, hop on the mic while unplugging that controller, then start one of my pack up mixes ive made

Mensajes Tue 16 Apr 13 @ 11:36 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)