Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Windows 8 screen freeze

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Just recently moved to a new pc with windows 8 installed. I have done some tweaks that i found online here but havent really found a tweak file specifically for windows 8.1 or 8.
My problem is not all the time but frequently when i drag a track into the players I get a screen freeze though the playback is not affected it does stop the display of wave forms and the dragged in song does not appear in the player for 5-15 seconds which makes me nervous as i worry about a crash.
My drivers were updated when I installed it abt 2 months ago. Im guessing its got to do with tweaks and the fact that i havent done many?
Dont think its related but i get a longer screen freeze when i do the "add to search db" when i first update my usb drive. It also does not affect playback and eventually goes.
The computer is a workhorse as it has loads more power than what i ran it before on but it was windows 7

Mensajes Thu 02 Jan 14 @ 1:36 am
First sorry for my english :)

I am the same problem in windows 8.1, if i search some songs or put in on the desk the screen is freeze for some seconds, and if I put the mouse on the deck when it is on it doesn't tour constatment it chunks.
I am on the latest LE edition 7.4.1

My laptop dates:

Acer aspire:
Intel i3 (2,5GHz, 3MB L3 cache)
8GB RAM
Intel HD graphics 4000
Windows 8.1 64bit

If you are find the solution plis send me a private mesage

Thanks

Mensajes Thu 02 Jan 14 @ 8:40 am
TVD UKPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Have you tried without using USB, i.e from an internal HDD to eliminate the USB side of things. i,m using 8.1 with internal drive and i don't seem to have the issue
Check usb is set to NEVER power off too the lapse could be the USB power or HDD spinning up from standby, hence eliminate USB first.

Mensajes Thu 02 Jan 14 @ 8:48 am
I have tweaked that USB setting so thats not it. It could be using the drive but I ran this on a win7 system with same drive on much less of a computer and it ran without issue. I still think theres more to it but you could be right??

Mensajes Thu 02 Jan 14 @ 10:59 am
TVD UKPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Mensajes Thu 02 Jan 14 @ 11:23 am
There's a post around here somewhere from a few months ago where someone reported graphics freezing issues with Windows 8, and it turned out to be related to the graphics driver.

His initial fix was to change some mouse/pointer settings (trails/shadows or similar) but the root cause was the graphics driver.

Ah here it is

Mensajes Thu 02 Jan 14 @ 11:29 am
Please let us know if this link worked for you.

Mensajes Thu 02 Jan 14 @ 1:41 pm
groovindj wrote :
There's a post around here somewhere from a few months ago where someone reported graphics freezing issues with Windows 8, and it turned out to be related to the graphics driver.

His initial fix was to change some mouse/pointer settings (trails/shadows or similar) but the root cause was the graphics driver.

Ah here it is

Thanks it's solved my problem but I don't know if solved hitechdj's problem

PD: sorry for my english

Mensajes Fri 03 Jan 14 @ 6:55 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)