Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: on screen db meter..

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I was wondering is there a way to make a db meter on the out put screen? or as a clip addon? I also would like to know if there would be a way to see if it would work with the mic on the rmx for crowd cheering and stuff!

Mensajes Fri 14 Feb 14 @ 6:40 pm
djmilaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
interesting idea

Mensajes Thu 20 Feb 14 @ 4:14 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I believe the sound active plugins can react to the line in or record in. There is are sonique plugins for DB type meters. Maybe something like that will work for you?

Mensajes Thu 20 Feb 14 @ 7:48 pm
Im desiginging a game show for the clubs and other events.. I thank you for any insight!

Mensajes Thu 20 Feb 14 @ 10:54 pm
some thing like this but it needs t be full screen and be better quality dpi.. I'm willing to pay to get it made,

Mensajes Sun 27 Apr 14 @ 9:58 am
dB or Decibels is a measurement of how loud something is. As virtualdj has no way of knowing how loud your sound system is, you need to call this a vU meter.

Mensajes Sun 27 Apr 14 @ 10:05 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
marksmolinski wrote :
dB or Decibels is a measurement of how loud something is. As virtualdj has no way of knowing how loud your sound system is, you need to call this a vU meter.

That is not correct. Profesional audio equipment expresses it's signal levels in db throughout its sugnal chain. 0 VU is often referred to as "0 dB". The meter was designed not to measure the signal, but to let users aim the signal level to a target level of 0 VU.

From Wikipedia for example.
The decibel (dB) is a logarithmic unit used to express the ratio between two values of a physical quantity, often power or intensity. One of these quantities is often a reference value, and in this case the decibel can be used to express the absolute level of the physical quantity. The decibel is also commonly used as a measure of gain or attenuation, the ratio of input and output powers of a system, or of individual factors that contribute to such ratios. The number of decibels is ten times the logarithm to base 10 of the ratio of the two power quantities.[1] A decibel is one tenth of a bel, a seldom-used unit named in honor of Alexander Graham Bell.

The decibel is used for a wide variety of measurements in science and engineering, most prominently in acoustics, electronics, and control theory. In electronics, the gains of amplifiers, attenuation of signals, and signal-to-noise ratios are often expressed in decibels. The decibel confers a number of advantages, such as the ability to conveniently represent very large or small numbers, and the ability to carry out multiplication of ratios by simple addition and subtraction. On the other hand, even some professionals find the decibel confusing and cumbersome.

Mensajes Sun 27 Apr 14 @ 12:21 pm
its not for my system it was ment for the mic input so that the meter moves according to the screaming crowd

Mensajes Tue 06 May 14 @ 11:14 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)