Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Rodeo Announcer Needs Help

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

spspeteHome userMember since 2014
Hi VDJ forum, I'm a rodeo announcer who is being asked to supply my own P.A. system for smaller gigs....this is a new development in my area and it's been quite a while since I did 'DJ' work. Clearly I don't want to lug around 2000 CD's so a digital music system is in order but I'm having trouble nailing down which one best suits my needs. I have no interest in scratching or a whole ton of effects. It would be nice to have 2 or 3 decks available to cue up music/sound effects and I would plan on running it all through a basic passive mixer out to powered speakers. I think VDJ can do this for me but I'd love to hear from anyone who is actually using the program that way.

Also, any recommendations on a computer to do all this? Note, this is not my strong suit so I would really appreciate some specific advice around computer models AND external/internal sound card arrangements so I know what to look for when shopping.

Thanks in advance and sorry to all the purists who read this post and had a stroke.

Pete
(Canada)

Mensajes Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 7:11 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Virtual DJ is well suited for this. The sampler can handle a lot of what you need and, there are four deck options.

Mensajes Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 8:08 pm
I don't use a laptop, but if I did, it would be an ASUS, because a lot of my friends use them, "without issue". The "without issue' is the important part, not that my friends use them. Why should I re-invent the wheel, if they have already done the testing? I would also use an Intel chip, because that is what has worked for me. I would make sure it has a video card with discrete memory, meaning it does not share it's memory with the machine. I know you don't do video now, but you may, so it's better to have it, and don't need it, blah, blah, blah. This software allows you to do Audio, Video, and Karaoke, use with any sound card, including the one on your computer. It supports all the major and minor controllers on the market. All updates to the software are free, so they won't be asking for more money, when they add more features. What part of Canada do you live in, because we have a lot of DJs up there, that may be able to give you more insight?

Mensajes Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 8:50 pm
PhiDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Suggest to invest on a good laptop.

Sharing my setup that you may want consider too..

Mensajes Wed 02 Apr 14 @ 12:25 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)