Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Sync during pitch_reset

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

vdbocPRO (legacy)Member since 2013
Allow tracks to stay in sync during a pitch_reset. In other words, when two songs are playing in sync, and you execute a pitch_reset on one of the decks, right now that deck will reset pitch thereby moving out of sync with the track playing on the other deck. Instead, allow the option to keep the tracks in sync, so that as one deck slowly resets its pitch, the other deck moves pitch along with it.

For example, let's say Deck 1 is playing a track at pitch 0%. You sync-mix into a track on Deck 2, causing the pitch on Deck 2 to to run +5%. Now, while both tracks are playing, you execute a pitch_reset for Deck 2. As VDJ functions now, Deck 2 will slowly work its way to Pitch 0%, but in so doing its track will move out of sync with Deck 1, which remains at Pitch 0%. Instead, have VDJ function as follows: as Deck 2 moves slowly down to Pitch 0%, have Deck 1 slowly move down to Pitch -5%, staying in sync with Deck 2 all the while.

I tried to program this with VJScript, but can find no way to designate the non-active deck or make the concept work. I believe this option needs to be coded directly into the VDJ software. If I am wrong about that and there exists some way to accomplish this in script, please advise me. Otherwise, I believe this is a much needed and long-overdue feature that should be added as an option.

Thank you.

Mensajes Sun 13 Apr 14 @ 7:28 pm
Enable beatlock

See if this does what you need?

Mensajes Sun 13 Apr 14 @ 7:34 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Enable pitchlock. It's the little lock by the pitch slider on the default skin. VDJScript command is simply 'pitchlock'. When enabled all pitch sliders move together by the same amount - including during a pitch reset, movement by skin, script or controller.

Mensajes Sun 13 Apr 14 @ 7:48 pm
vdbocPRO (legacy)Member since 2013
Wow, so simple! (I'm even embarrassed.) Thank you, SBDJ. Problem solved!

Mensajes Mon 14 Apr 14 @ 1:47 am
Wish VDJ would work with a manufacture and replicate these things onto a controller, i.e. putting a padlock button next to the pitch faders etc

Mensajes Sat 26 Apr 14 @ 8:30 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)