Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Sampler - Wishes & new features - Page: 5

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Thinking more about it.....if using a controller, you would have 8 recorded "flips", 16 if mapped to another button, recall them at anytime,any date. 1shot or looped. With the other suggestions from the forum, gain, fx ,eq on individual samples and give it it's own folder just like you have done with {remix mode}. Then controllers with the flip button incorporated would have a fantastic function twice that of the competitor.......just a wish

Mensajes Tue 16 Jun 15 @ 7:26 pm
I have been playing around with the new Apply Deck Effects addon to the sampler....fantastic feature Thankyou. Would like to see it incorporated to the master deck as a third option.

Mensajes Thu 18 Jun 15 @ 9:13 pm
the option to have remix decks would be great or even something like this where is 8 sampler pads on a deck

Mensajes Thu 02 Jul 15 @ 6:57 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
You can use the "upto 99 decks" feature to do this, but I've yet to hear any user, (experienced or otherwise) come up with a sound method of controlling said decks.

Maybe with HW like the Akai apc you'd stand a reasonable chance of having basic mapping for many decks but (I think) it's too limited to specific HW to be an Atomix release.
If you've got the HW then you can adapt the SW, but unless a feature a is accessible to all it won't make an official release.

Mensajes Sat 04 Jul 15 @ 12:23 am
Would love to have a mono option for those split stereo tracks!

Mensajes Thu 23 Jul 15 @ 1:44 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You could use this :)

http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=14832

Left Only - left channel through both outputs
Right Only - right channel through both outputs
Reverse - stereo output with L/R swapped
Stereo Mix - left and right channels mixed down to mono and output on both channels

Mensajes Thu 23 Jul 15 @ 2:14 pm
I need a pitch-bend feature for the sampler relative master tempo.
Some times when launching a samplerloop it does not match up correctly to the mastertempo.

Mensajes Fri 24 Jul 15 @ 5:52 am
Hello to Dev team.
i'm blind user and use vdj 7 to mix songs.
blinds can only using keyboard
so, we using verbs for work with vdj.
in vdj7, in "sampler options" verb, after open pop up menu, we could load a vdj sample with select load sample in this pop up menu.
but, in vdj8, this option was removed.
i'm very sad for remove this option in "sampler options" verb in vdj 8.
i contact support team sometimes and responce to me "i submit your problem to dev team" but i don't see this option after 1 year in vdj8.
i request to you please add this option for all blind users in the world.
i'm waiting for your responce in this topic.
if you have a question about how to add this option, i'm here for answer to this.
thanks again.

Mensajes Wed 02 Dec 15 @ 9:22 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I'm very sure this is possible with v8.
However the verbs have changed a bit..

I'm not sure what the action would be. So I leave this one for another user.

Mensajes Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 9:54 pm
In VDJ7 I only used the sampler as a loop reorder. So if a song was difficult to mix with the playing song, I would record the instrumental part, and play the recording instantly back, mixing this with the playing song, and then mixing in the actual song itself... I now discovered that this cannot be done anymore, because the sampler doesn't record to a certain slot. So I cannot make a button to play back the recorded loop. As I understand it, you now have to save it, naming it, then select it to playback. I'm on atouchscreen and everything has to be simple and done with the push of a botton...

I would therefor request to add the possibility to record to a slot.

Mensajes Thu 21 Jan 16 @ 11:42 am
a long standing wish, the work around is clone out to an invisible deck.

Mensajes Tue 26 Jan 16 @ 6:30 pm
djxhalxPRO (OEM)Member since 2014
Velocity sampler with multipoint, multisample pads (maybe like one on NI Maschine - you can load many samples on one pad, and set different velocity levels to activate one of many different samples - great for finger drumming liveact, also very fun to use and may be great for controllers with fewer buttons!

Mensajes Fri 05 Feb 16 @ 3:50 pm
You can already use velocity capable pads. By default they usually control the sample volume, but there's no reason you couldn't remap them to trigger different samples from differing velocities.

Mensajes Fri 05 Feb 16 @ 7:24 pm
Could that be done more user friendly - like build into the software menu (check Maschine by NI) rather than using code.

Mensajes Fri 05 Feb 16 @ 8:40 pm
or maybe you could write me a line of code, for example for 4 velocity levels on one pad to activate 4 different samples?

Mensajes Mon 08 Feb 16 @ 12:57 am
Here's an example, I mapped this to a velocity pad on a Reloop Neon:

SAMPLER_PAD_1_VEL:
sampler all stop & param_smaller 25% ? sampler_play_stutter 1 : param_smaller 50% ? sampler_play_stutter 2 : param_smaller 75% ? sampler_play_stutter 3 : sampler_play_stutter 4

Every time you hit that button, it will stop all samples (you could narrow this to only stop the samples you want) and play one of the first 4 samples depending on how hard you hit the pad.

You could use continuous velocity (ATVEL on the Reloop Neon):

SAMPLER_PAD_1:
up ? sampler all stop & set sampler_pad_1 0

SAMPLER_PAD_1_ATVEL:
param_smaller 25% ? var_equal sampler_pad_1 1 ? nothing : sampler_stop & sampler_select 1 & sampler_play_stutter & set sampler_pad_1 1 : param_smaller 50% ? var_equal sampler_pad_1 2 ? nothing : sampler_stop & sampler_select 2 & sampler_play_stutter & set sampler_pad_1 2 : param_smaller 75% ? var_equal sampler_pad_1 3 ? nothing : sampler_stop & sampler_select 3 & sampler_play_stutter & set sampler_pad_1 3 : var_equal sampler_pad_1 4 ? nothing : sampler_stop & sampler_select 4 & sampler_play_stutter

That code will switch between samples 1,2,3 and 4 depending on how hard you press the pad continuously, and stop when you lift. It will stop the previous sample before starting the new one.

There are lots and lots of variations you could do on this. Personally I find most velocity pads tricky to work with in this way, especially with 4 samples.

Mensajes Mon 08 Feb 16 @ 1:58 pm
Thought I'd just re-post my list of suggestions for improvements to the Sampler for video use, as it's been a couple of years since I first posted them and disappointingly none have been incorporated as far as I can tell...!

1. Being able to select multiple samples and apply the same settings to them (i.e. looping, audio/video switches, BPM, etc).

2. Being able to set multiple thumbnails at once (eg. select several samples, and say "use the frame at 10 seconds into each sample as the thumbnail image".

3. Bigger thumbnails - i.e. Have the thumbnails fill the grid boxes to the edges, and get rid of the filename below.

4. Sampler/deck video priority - It seems that the sampler always overrides the video playing on the decks - would be good to be able to select a priority, so the sampler could play 'under' the deck video, and act as a fall-back if an audio track is played that doesn't have a video. I imagine people might want to change this frequently, so maybe a toggle switch within the video mixer panel. I guess the same would go for video generated by effects plugins - maybe have a little draggable icon for each video source, so the order can be easily rearranged when needed?

5. A mode where only one sample can play at a time, regardless of sample bank (avoids the confusion of having multiple clips playing but only being able to see one, and saves having to switch off one clip before switching on another).

6. A mode where multiple samples from one group could be selected and played in a looping sequence (ie each clip plays through once then moves to the next, and eventually loops back to the start of the sequence again. So it acts like a video playlist)

Mensajes Thu 10 Mar 16 @ 1:58 pm
Being into amen breaks, I'd like to see sample playback speeds as an option, (of course after sync has done it's thing.

50%, 100% 200%

Mensajes Thu 10 Mar 16 @ 3:45 pm
+1 to Phil Bearman's post above ^^ I would definitely be able to make use of all of those features.

Mensajes Thu 10 Mar 16 @ 4:35 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
@Phil, the layout in the video sampler has needed niggly improvements since it's release and like yourself, from day one, I have asked for those squares to be filled just as they were in clipbank and a million and one other things that need to be looked at... no one appears to be listening or the way the sampler is set up, no suggested improvements can be possible.

Mensajes Thu 10 Mar 16 @ 4:37 pm
35%