Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: Karaoke Screen Lyrics stuttering on VDJ 8 - 7 is fine on same PC. - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Just wondering if anyone is having problems playing Karaoke tracks on VDJ8. I'm finding the on screen lyrics locks up and freezes although the music is fine (no stuttering). VDJ 7 is fine on the same Laptop.

Fresh install of windows 7 (64 bit). Only running VDJ.

4gb Ram. Decent processor. Nvidia 8600M chip.

Everything else running lovely, although one thing it seems to be auto syncing my tempo fader, which I thought i'd turned off in the settings.

Mensajes Tue 27 May 14 @ 8:17 am
It also stutters the karaoke output as you load a new track on the other player and it stutters again when that track completes loading.

Mensajes Tue 27 May 14 @ 9:14 am
I have the EXACT same problem. I've actually tooled it down and found that if I run it in a windowed mode and don't have the skin maxed out, the lyrics run ok on the laptop screen but the second anything goes max or I use a second screen to display lyrics it freaks out again. No prob with mkv, 24 bit 48KHz FLac, avi, mpeg, wmv, mp4, or anything else. Milkdrop even runs well. Only CDG file rendering seems to be buggy. I wish I could tell it to use a 3rd party cdg renderer or to use the old V 7.4 version which I use right now instead because that all worked for me. What's vdj doing? Are they encoding it to a video format on the fly so it can crossfade better or something? Idk, but whatever it is is stupid because CDG is a very simple format and should render extremely easy with virtually no cpu or memory drain.

Mensajes Tue 27 May 14 @ 10:26 am
It's almost like the CDG output has a much lower priority than before ?

Mensajes Tue 27 May 14 @ 10:28 am
there's several things that might be happening. like i said, they could be trying to encode it to video on the fly
they might have changed to a new rendering engine they designed with a memory hole
it might be a problem with the skin resolution being so super high and then maximizing and being shrunk down while trying to render fps (what engine is renderring)
all i know is i've changed the video memory max to 1600, i've tried every possible combination of settings in the video and skin settings AND the performance settings to see if i could tack down the issue. i've also taken karaoke files out of zips and ran them that way and it still has the same issue. i'm just really tired of trying to nail it down. right now, the only thing that makes any sense since every other format of video output runs well is that it's a renderring engine for the cdg+g and i don't know where to find out what engine is being used or if i can change it.

Mensajes Tue 27 May 14 @ 10:33 am
I mentioned that the VIDEO was not as bright during Pro Beta testing. Surprised it hasn't been fixed.

Mensajes Tue 27 May 14 @ 11:45 am
the brightness is linked to the crossfader and the crossfader doesn't auto move to the deck it's playing on anymore. it just stays at 50% for some reason. no option. so you have to move the audio crossfader over (assuming video is linked) to get the video to brighten all the way. it's another dumb error. they're thinking of DJs and VJs but forgetting about KJs

Mensajes Tue 27 May 14 @ 12:19 pm
I have the same problem with my Samsung 500 Tablet, Intel Atom 1.8 ghz, 2gb ram. The VDJ Optimizer program helps a bit, but not the best tracking yet on CDG files. My VDJ7 works well on the same Tablet. Here's hoping they sort this out as the new VDJ8 features are very nice. Waiting and hoping for the next release or so.

Mensajes Tue 27 May 14 @ 2:45 pm
HAVE you tried turning "VideoVolumeLink" to "no"?

It wont help with karaoke lag but it might help with video output being slightly dimmed..

Mensajes Tue 27 May 14 @ 5:36 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
The video dark can be fixed if you click on the small video screen in the software underneath the larger display , It will fix that for now.
Look in your settings for video faders to fade to dark and disable..

CDG issue may be related to compression, un-compress some files into a folder on your desktop and try from there, if it works then re-compress very little and try again.. Just some suggestions guys, let see what happens.

Mensajes Tue 27 May 14 @ 6:00 pm
I've tried ripping them out of the zip and just going raw as well as using a few files that had never been zipped in the first place. No dice. If I take the skin out of max res it seems to help a bit. But make either full screen it just glitches. I've had task manager up and nothing goes up at all for memory use or for processor use. virtual dj hangs out at around 498000 for memory use (I have 4 GB avail plus a 4 GB readyboost card) and at around 25-40% for cpu useage with the video screen up. Just seems like it has to be a programming faux pas.

Mensajes Wed 28 May 14 @ 11:01 am
I am surprised and quite disappointed that we haven't heard anything regarding this serious (deal breaker) problem with VDJ8. The program cannot be used on our Tablet computers without the Karaoke CDG video routine being fixed. This has been noted here by several users back in May and this is July. A lot of new updates and release notes, but so far "NOTHING" to resolve this video delay issue with the Karaoke words not keeping up with the music. Can we please get a response from the developers regarding this issue.

Mensajes Wed 16 Jul 14 @ 11:33 pm
IMO most of the fixes so far have been with getting controllers to work. those tho use virtualdj for video work have been forgotten about and touchscreen interfaces are still non existent.

ive had to go back to v7 for karaoke gigs which is fantastic! (for me v7 crapps out intermittently and puts white bands across the browser when it crashes making it unreadable!!)

Mensajes Thu 17 Jul 14 @ 4:35 am
my cdg fles play fine, but my video karaoke files stutter every time in vdj8, all play smoothly in vdj7

Mensajes Sat 19 Jul 14 @ 2:40 pm
I am very surprised this has not gotten any attention or received any response from the Developers. I'm sorry but this is a "Deal Breaker" for Tablet users. VDJ7 works fine on Tablets for Karaoke use. Why is this product being ignored for Video updates to fix the Karaoke, CDG file issues?
When I purchased VDJ7 several years ago, this VDJ8 was in the works and touted as the great update. It has many nice features, but is useless on our Tablet machines without the CDG words properly tracking the music. Come on Atomix Developers, let us know if this is going to be addressed. - Thanks for any response.

Mensajes Mon 21 Jul 14 @ 9:40 pm
I have the same issue in 8. The way I fix it is by lowering the FPS on the skin. Strangely I don't have to do this when playing video; Only Karaoke .cdj files.

Mensajes Mon 21 Jul 14 @ 10:51 pm
Lowering the FPS and running one of the video patches, helps a bit, but it is still not as smooth as VDJ 7. The delay is sufficient to ruin a KJ show, where singers could get thrown off on their timing and rightfully blame the KJ. This is a serious problem and it needs to be addressed. I don't understand why they are not even acknowledging it.

Mensajes Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 1:18 pm
Still looking for a CDG, Karaoke words tracking the song properly fix. I find it difficult to understand why the developers continue to ignore this issue and not even comment, offer suggestions or at least try and fix it. Do the users with Tablets and running windows 8.1 have to be stuck without a working version of VDJ 8?
Seriously, I just don't get this issue being ignored for the past several months.

Mensajes Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 8:09 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
What do you mean by "Tablet" users ?
could you please share with us the specifications of your computer/tablet ? (processor, ram, video card(s) )
Do you have any "delay" issue with Video files or just with cdg Karaoke zip files ?
Is the delay present if you output the video to the primary screen/monitor instead of the secondary ? What kind of connection do you use (vga or hdmi) ?

Mensajes Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 10:15 pm
I have the same problem with version 8 and cdg files unzipped and zipped on my samsung laptop only when i have my Numark DMC2 controller connected, version 7 works great, Please sort this out as it is a big problem.

Intel i5 quad core 2.50 Ghz processor
8gig memory
Windows 7 64bit
Clean build with only Virtual Dj 7 and 8 installed

Mensajes Sun 07 Sep 14 @ 1:11 am
80%