Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: Auto Gain and Automix

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

sampeggPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hello, been using VDJ since V5 and never really had any need of support over that time, I'm very much liking VDJ8 apart from two issues which are really starting to bug me.

1) Autogain - Set to no in Audio options - yet it still messes about with my gains. It keeps turning the gain up too much and then the limiter kicks in - it's doing my head in!

2) Automix - When adding tracks from the library into the automix queue, sometimes, not every track, it analyses the track but then doesn't add it. You then have to add it again, but then you get two of the same tracks in your automix queue and have to delete one of them.

Should also add that I am using the Mac version on Mavericks. Any ideas please?

Thanks

Sam

Mensajes Sat 07 Jun 14 @ 4:58 pm
I've had the exact same issue with the Auto Gain. I've tried every combination to get it to leave it alone and yet it still messes with it. The only way I can get it to stop is if I have my controller set directly at 90 degrees. If I do that it keeps it there. Otherwise, it goes all over the place depending on the song.

Mensajes Sat 07 Jun 14 @ 9:08 pm
umm i used 8 for the first time tonight and was wondering what the right setting was for autogain i.e. getting rid of it. only managed to get it so that when a track is loaded the gain resets to 12 o'clock.

Sometimes the songs take a while to add to sidelist/automix but so far everyone I dragged over went in eventually.

Mensajes Sat 07 Jun 14 @ 9:15 pm
I had major gain issues last night, set to auto, the volume differences were crazy, people turning to look etc. For something that was so flawless in 7 it's driving me mad.

Also artefacts in the music. Like I was using 96 bitrate songs, when it was 320 and lossless files only.

Using VMS4.1

Mensajes Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 3:43 am
Yeah the auto gain issue is going to make me revert to v7 if it isn't fixed soon. When the limiter kicks in it sounds crap! I'm using an MC6000MK2.

Mensajes Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 6:15 am
If the limiter is kicking in you are pushing the sound too hard in the software.

I did a 2hour guest set in a 1500 capacity nightclub in Norwich UK last night. Ran V8 - not one issue and infact the other DJ's (who all use Serato) commented on the sound and most felt it was equal if not better than Serato - i had ZERO limiter hits for the whole 2 hours.

I am not saying V8 is perfect, after all its only a month old. But the limiter is not an issue - certainly for me anyway.

Mensajes Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 6:23 am
I'm not pushing it too hard, the auto gain is. Once I've manually adjusted the gain it's fine. But as per my original post even with auto gain set to no it still messes about with my gains on every track I load.

Mensajes Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 6:30 am
Ok, to clarify i have these settings:

autoGain = auto
gainSliderIncludesAutoGain = yes
zeroDB = 1.000

Mensajes Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 6:33 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
With auto-gain set to no, could you check the tool-tip of the gain slider?
It should say 0dB.

The issue with auto-gain not being applied in automix should be fixed in the current beta build.

Mensajes Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 6:34 am
OK thanks, I'll check mine later and give it a try.

Sam

Mensajes Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 6:35 am
Dan, Adion has recently stated that there's an issue with the autogain when using some external hardware. In those specific cases it's not actually enabled in the software, which of course means that levels between tracks jump around unexpectedly.

See towards the end of this thread

Mensajes Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 6:36 am
It's FITNB

Mensajes Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 7:05 am
Hercules RMX is one of them

Mensajes Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 11:42 am
Was this issue addressed?

Mensajes Sat 21 Jun 14 @ 9:41 am
cwag5PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Has this been fixed...? I'm having the same autogain problem.... When I use automix, the next song being faded in produces a 1 second burst of increased volume for that song.

Mensajes Wed 20 Jan 16 @ 4:24 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
It sounds like you have not scanned your whole library.

Make sure you add all of your tracks to the library and analyze them for BPM. This will set the gain levels.
You also may need to adjust the ZeroDB to -3db in the advanced audio options.

Mensajes Wed 20 Jan 16 @ 5:44 am
I was having the same issue on a Mac and found that restarting the Mac sound services helped the problem. Just run the following command: "sudo killall coreaudiod"

Mensajes Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 6:35 pm
The other thing that seems to maybe help, perhaps noticed when the crossfader makes sudden jumps in volume, is to "reset" the cross-fader by changing the crossfader curve to a different setting and then back to the setting you want. In my case, I'm using a custom crossfader curve and sometimes it seems to "forget" my custom setting, with strange adjustments to the volumes on each deck, particularly once the crossfade hits the extremes.

Mensajes Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 6:55 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)