Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: can I force vdj into left,right config? - Page: 2

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I started from fresh again after letting the updates install (to what I presume its version 8.0.1932,what is in my downloads). not working! so I uninstall vdj8 again (and the 64bit drivers since I got so fed up I mistakenly plugged the xponent on the wrong usb causing the drivers to install again on the wrong usb) and reinstalled version 8.0.1872 since I had downloaded that from cnet a few days ago,and procceded to reconfigure headphones,then remap the buttons on the controller.this version does NOT force you to install what vdj have implemented (the xponent picture appears in the configuration audio section ) and only then those the unit sets up as deck left.right.so for the first time in my vdj life I'm forced to use a previous version untill they figure out whats wrong...but meanwhile vdj wants to update and seems that after a few times of me not allowing it...it will quit working altogether.

Mensajes Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 7:14 pm
Allright,I've concluded that the problem is the updates which brings the added "internal" native xponent map and I get a popup asking "xponent sound card detected,would you like to use this?" and there is no "reject action"button on that?....So again I had to reinstall version 8.0.1872 only because I downloaded it from cnet,thats what I installed.but I'm wondering in which build was the xponent native map added,I've located the way to download other previous builds of vdj here,but dont want to go through all of them.to make matters worse I am now getting the drivers cracking (did'nt before) and 'going to sleep' where you have to open config/Audio and reselect the config.that "wakes them up but I'm wondering if this is because I added more drivers in the computer ie: asus 3d monitor,external usb Bluray burner,powered usb hub which I dont use with the xponent but read somewhere that this fixed a problem for someone so I might try it..so again..what I need to know is in which build was the xponent map (which does not work) was implemented?

Mensajes Thu 28 Aug 14 @ 4:30 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I was looking for this post hehe.. to reply , anyways, check this one .. http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/190964/General_Discussion/mAudio_X-Session_Evolution_midi_controller.html

Btw, the changes we make in the controllers have nothing to do with the builds. The controllers mapping files are updated silently (no pop-up window) and can be applied (used) with any build. The changes are stored in to the encrypted controllers.dat in the VirtualDj folder and even if you remove it, you will still get it automatically if your computer is online.

Mensajes Thu 28 Aug 14 @ 6:21 pm
was gonna say "wait a minute,which thread is this?" lol...hmm okay so you did'nt implemented anything on program "B",is that correct? I hate that nasty program slot,unless it can be used for something else. so I have to admit that Im scared to try this until conformation.I have it "locked" at build 1872 with updates disabled and that device dat deleted and strangely enough it doesnt re-apear on shutdown but something strange just happened.it vdj locked up into a short loop while trigering hotcues.let me check to make sure the setup didnt collapsed he,he...

Mensajes Thu 28 Aug 14 @ 10:27 pm
djdad wrote :

Btw, the changes we make in the controllers have nothing to do with the builds. The controllers mapping files are updated silently (no pop-up window) and can be applied (used) with any build. The changes are stored in to the encrypted controllers.dat in the VirtualDj folder and even if you remove it, you will still get it automatically if your computer is online.

yes,I see when I start vdj that is downloading in the background.but I've disabled the updates to keep it at the set build (still at 1872) in that I was going to update the build before the xponent bug.so you're saying I can go ahead and allow updates and let it load the definitions to the latest?

Mensajes Fri 29 Aug 14 @ 8:19 pm
software build and controllers version are 2 different things.
The build number e.g. 1941.784 indicates software build 1941 and controllers version 784.
You can say no to the update window message and keep your software build (e.g. 1870) if you need, but the controllers version (last 3 digits) is updated automatically (and updates the controllers.dat file in MyDOcuments/VirtualDJ)

anyways, dont want to post more details here, enable the auto-updates and make sure the last 3 digits of your software build end at 784 (or higher) and let me know if the Xponent is now left-right

Mensajes Fri 29 Aug 14 @ 9:04 pm
Allright "Dad'" but its in "Left,right" now as I had reinstalled 1872 but was wondering if I'm missing out on other fixes.will do soon...

Mensajes Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 3:12 am
well I reanabled updates,so I believe it then jumped from version 1872 (works,got from cnet,didnt know how to download previous versions) to the present build,system was still in "left,right" but that device dat gets reconstructed and I cant shut down!, I had deleted it as it seems it's keeping vdj from shutting down,and that's what happened again.see there is two bugs here,the shut down locking up as well.to test I'm gonna have to go through all the versions? BTW...I do not see the numbers 781 after the build number.if I'm downloading the builds installer? and what is " ONEXIT/ONINIT called when switching controller mapping" introduced in version 1910? ...I have to narrow this to the most recent build that works for me ans as it is it is takin 45 min to download and save a build's installer..

Mensajes Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 4:02 pm
well enabling updates screwed this up again.its back to deck config 1,2,3,4,...(did'nt check this after last nites forced shutdown,until now ) I think I will try build 1878 after uninstalling this version (should be the last public version as I dont allow beta downloads),if that works then I will have to test build 1897.and I'm not sure of 1910 as this has the "ONEXIT/ONINIT" and if that re initializes to the native mapper,or what I dont know..

Mensajes Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 5:04 pm
okay,build 1878 workrd.no changes on the left,right behaiviour.I'm now on build 1897.working also.next would be build 1910 but I think here's where it happens...maybe to do with "initialize on" (its what I'm calling it until someone clears that out for me....

Mensajes Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 12:07 am
The build number is available in the Config (Settings) window. Does your build end at .784 (current one) ??
If no, run VirtualDJ, let it idle for a few minutes and then relaunch.

the Xponent is still a decks controller and we are not going to change that (and bring back the single layer we had in version 7). I really cant understand how the deck assignment gives you any trouble.
What units do you need to use and how many software decks ?
What actions do you need to swap decks if needed ?
Do you want for example one Xponent to control decks 1 and 2 and the 2ns unit to control decks 3 and 4 ? Isnt this option available in the CONTROLLERS tab (Deck assignement - option 3,4,5,6 for the 2nd unit) ?

Mensajes Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 12:11 am
last time I looked Dad it was at 1897.700? (how do i download the build for it to be 784? add that to the url? anyways the way this works is if is not mapped by vdj and when the new xponent icon appears,its no-Go...I had it working as left,right controller even if I added the second xponent because the second unit its added as a midi send only box via the main units midi in and outs (you connect the midi out of #2 to midi in of #1. then midi in of #1 to the midi out of #2 ,so its sending and recieving data that is merged with #1.both should be on program "A" thats the part I believe you need to hack as ACW did but undo that.program "B" was'nt even active before.the other bug is that vdj locks up when you reload with the device dat file still in device folder.I know its supposed to be there but it wont allow vdj to close either

Mensajes Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 1:07 am
swap code used is the very one you gave me. "device_side 'left' ? deck 1 leftdeck ? deck 3 leftdeck : deck 1 leftdeck : deck 2 rightdeck ? deck 4 rightdeck : deck 2 rightdeck"
I use on the Rmx with no issues, but ofcourse the Hercules is a two deck controller.but the code works great wi the xponent as well.as long as the xponent's Audio is configured the same as the Hercules.

Mensajes Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 1:37 am
Hmm i see now... The switcher on the front changes both sides to Mode B, so you cant really use it to change one side to the deck that you wish to. So, i think the best option here is to map the device as 2 decks unit and offer the Mode B as additional keys ..like PLAY_MODEB

Will make the change and will let u know.

Mensajes Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 2:09 am
Ok, changes have been applied to builds ending at .786 or higher .... and dont ask me how to get this...read above !

The device is now back to decks="2" which means that the above action should swap the decks properly and the MODE B keys haven been renamed as MODEB_name with no pre-defined actions

Mensajes Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 2:20 am
Allright Dad..will let it update?...while watching "Halo" the movie imao

Mensajes Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 4:33 am
Dad...I'm not getting a confirmation that vdj has updated...since last nite.I've enabled updates but its not saving that settings,I think.btw I had removed the dat in device and it not making a new one? the plus to that is that it wonk lock up on shutdown.can I continue with manually installing the next build?

Mensajes Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 8:10 pm
got the 786 and it did'nt work...figured what happened with the updates. I had renamed the executable since I've downloaded a few copies...then when I placed it in programs/virtualdj I forgot to delete the added build number to the name of the file so I fixed the name and rebooted.when I opened vdj again it updated all the way back up to build 1932.config 768 but the device dat file was back in device folder and the decks back to Automatic 1,2,3,4 unfortunatly , and vdj back to locking up on shut down.so....I will test 1932 again? and delete the dat? so I can shut down? if we cant keep this from going into a double layer with the most recent build then I wil try the previous build before 1910...

Mensajes Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 11:20 pm
did'nt work....

Mensajes Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 11:45 pm
fresh install of build 1897 worked but I did not disabled updates and they downloaded and I'm having to refuse.shut down normal will reopen and see....

Mensajes Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 3:00 am
55%