Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: can I force vdj into left,right config? - Page: 3

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I meant "shut down went normal" (that is...hit close on vdj and press any button on the controller.....later though I noticed the device dat file back in place and sure enough the "left,right" config gone...and shutdown locking vdj.this is with build 1897 (was 1872)...I wonder how high a build I can to...

Mensajes Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 5:10 am
fixed again by deleting the device dat file.yeez..why is this a problem?...I tried disabling "ignore internal defenitions" but then vdj was not comunicating wi the xponent.so still the only fix for this to stay in left,right logic is to delete that device dat.....

Mensajes Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 3:24 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I ll try to be as much as detailed i can be, but please read carefully abd try to follow my instructions.

The build number e,g, 1942.780 shows 2 different things. The 1st number (1942) indicates the software build number, with all its features, updates, fixes etc.
the 2nd number (780) indicates the controllers version and all the included mapping and definition files updates.

When a build is compiled from the Development Team it usually includes the latest controllers version (at that time) but it may also not. When you launch VirtuaLDJ 8, it does 2 things.
1. Looks for updated software builds and pops up a message asking you if you want to use it.
2. Looks for updated controllers version and automatically downloads and updates the controllers.dat file you have in Devices Folder. The new updates of this file will be applied next time you relaunch.

So in your case...
1. You dont have to get the latest software build. You can still run which ever you wish, so you dont have to agree to use the latest one if the message pops up.
2. You MUST have the latest controllers version, so DONT delete the controllers.dat from Devices folder and make sure yoru build ends at 786 or higher (actually the current one is .791)
3. Make sure you dont have any definition files in Devices folder (even though this shouldnt matter)
4. Select the factory default mapping file from CONTROLLERs tab for the Xponent.
5. Make sure the DisableBuiltInDefintion setting is set to No

If you do the above, then the Xponent should shows up as left-right in the CONTROLELRS tab and then you only have to assign a button to swap the decks as above.

PS. If you experience freezing and locking issues, then most likely its due to a known M-Audio driver issue. Its not the first time something like that is reported. If not mistaken its the drivers that take some time to be released, and if i recall you just need to change the closing process... e.g. power off Xponennt before closing VDJ (or vice versa or something like that ..lol)

Mensajes Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 6:36 pm
yes I totally understand,but I've tried shutting down the controller first and/or vdj and waited 20 mins and nothing....normally (and with the dat file removed) it shuts down right away by holding a button.I think in fact the problem is in that dat file.is there a way for me to see what's coded there?

Mensajes Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 8:07 pm
The dat file only contains mapping and definition files.

If your current issue is the shutting down freezing, then ,maybe its the automatic pre-defined audio configuration that the definition offers now ?
If you choose a different sound card from the AUDIO tab (e.g. your computer's built in ) do you also get freezing on closing ?

Mensajes Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 10:53 pm
okay let me put it this way...definitions download regardless and its saved as the dat file.the dev guys have used the factory config for the xponent, but its clear that it wont work.whether is because of the controller actually being a deck based controller or the drivers its not working.but if I "break da rules" and over ride the dat file then it works.so what is the sensible thing for vdj to do?...guess...

Mensajes Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 12:40 am
can you define "work" and "won't work" ? Is this the freezing you mentioned when closing VirtualDJ or something about the functionality of the controller ?

Also, please provide me the following, if possible...
1. A screenshot of your Audio tab of Config
2. A screenshot of the Controllers tab
3. The Report Log .txt file*

*to get the Report log.txt do the following..
- Open VirtualDJ, goto Config-->Options tab , enable the "Show Advanced Options"
- set the CreateMidiLog setting to Yes
- Close VirtualDJ, connect the Xponent and relaunch.
- Close VirtualDJ again (wont have to do anything )
- Post here the content of the generated Report Log.txt file you will find in MyDocuments/VirtualDJ folder

thanks

Mensajes Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 12:54 am
will do...

Mensajes Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 3:16 pm
djdad wrote :
can you define "work" and "won't work" ? Is this the freezing you mentioned when closing VirtualDJ or something about the functionality of the controller ?
thanks

I meant that if I allow updates and if I leave that device dat in place then the system is no longer in "left,right" mode,"layer-B" is activated (we do'nt want that ) and vdj wont shut down.

Mensajes Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 3:28 pm
this is of course after I delete the device dat and remapping the Audio.because when I start with a fresh map it configures the headphones to line 1&2 and that of course gets no sound to the headphones.it has to be line 3&4 as a secondary soundcard (just like old analog mixers with a second amp circuit built in for headphones).

you'll notice there is no "factory" xponent image and this is when it works.when I allow updates and it installs with the "factory" image then it switches to Automatic decks 1,2,3,4 and then the 2nd "layer" as you call it activates and then decks 3&4 are on program (layer) "B" and vdj wont shut down....

wait a minute...do you want the log and screenshots when the system is not working? because I will lose my working config and would have to force the computer to shut down in order for the computer to switch back to its internal soundcard.otherwise the computer crashes with blue screen as its unable to "release" the mAudio drivers.and I dont want that lol...

Mensajes Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 4:32 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Your device definition file is too old.

Repeat the above screenshots but having not messed around deleting stuff.

Mensajes Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 4:49 pm
Sorry Scott,read again.if I do that I will lose the left,right config & vdj will lock up,the computer might crash and I will have to uninstall vdj and start again.DJ Dad did say I can use whichever build works. I'm slowly climbed to build 1897 by reinstalling vdj to "reset" fresh and get the left,right config back...
edit: I can try by allowing updates and that device dat for now.I think the last time I booted with that it was "no go" but I was able to revert by simply deleting the Dat file..

Mensajes Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 5:07 pm
okay,I have to restart the computer as I activated updates but failed.this of course will bring back the whole mess and I will need to uninstall the newest version and reinstall build 1897.or test with 1910

Mensajes Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 6:23 pm
here it is.build 1932 with all its glory.now it will lock up when shutting down and I will have to restart the computer and restart the browser,vdj and so forth...

and Log report...
Audio device found: name="Speakers / Headphones (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)" vid="0x111D" pid="0x7675"
Audio device found: name="Line 1/2 (M-Audio Xponent)" vid="0x0763" pid="0x2016"
Audio device found: name="Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)" vid="0x111D" pid="0x7675"
Audio device found: name="Line 3/4 (M-Audio Xponent)" vid="0x0763" pid="0x2016"
Audio device found: name="Communications Headphones (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)" vid="0x111D" pid="0x7675"
Audio device found: input name="Microphone Array (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)" vid="0x111D" pid="0x7675"
Audio device found: input name="Microphone (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)" vid="0x111D" pid="0x7675"
Audio device found: input name="HDMI In (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)" vid="0x111D" pid="0x7675"
Audio device found: input name="M-Audio Xponent" vid="0x0763" pid="0x2016"
Audio device found: asio="Hercules DJ Console RMX ASIO"
Audio device found: asio="M-Audio USB ASIO"
Audio device found: name="Speakers / Headphones (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)" vid="0x111D" pid="0x7675"
Audio device found: name="Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)" vid="0x111D" pid="0x7675"
Audio device found: name="Communications Headphones (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)" vid="0x111D" pid="0x7675"
Audio device found: input name="Microphone Array (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)" vid="0x111D" pid="0x7675"
Audio device found: input name="Microphone (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)" vid="0x111D" pid="0x7675"
Audio device found: input name="HDMI In (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)" vid="0x111D" pid="0x7675"
Midi out device detected, name:Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth mid:1 pid:27
MIDI Device Identifying: \\?\usb#vid_0763&pid_2016&mi_00#7&36cc7125&0&0000#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\xponentmidiincontrol (in:0 out:1)
MIDI Device Identified by PID/VID: \\?\usb#vid_0763&pid_2016&mi_00#7&36cc7125&0&0000#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\xponentmidiincontrol
MIDI Device Identifying: \\?\usb#vid_0763&pid_2016&mi_00#7&36cc7125&0&0000#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\xponentaudioin2 (in:1 out:2)
MIDI Device Identified by PID/VID: \\?\usb#vid_0763&pid_2016&mi_00#7&36cc7125&0&0000#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\xponentaudioin2
MIDI Device Identifying: Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth (in:-1 out:0)
MIDI Device Not Identified: Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth
I will now try to close vdj and I'm sure will need to restart the computer

Mensajes Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 8:00 pm
I've restarted computer and opened vdj.with updates enabled,its at build 1932,def 768.left,right mapping is gone.will restart with the device dat removed but have little hope as this build after 1910 and I think another boo,boo here is the added "onint" (initialize on?) in build 1910.now if I want my "left,right" config back I have to uninstall vdj and install a previous build...

Mensajes Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 9:36 pm
Bro it might just be time to ditch that controller. There are so many out there now that are way better and super cheap!!

I got that Pioneer DDJ SB brand from Guitar Center for 200 cash!!

Come on man, just let it go, lol!!

Mensajes Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 9:53 pm
It is'nt that simple,when they come up with midi clock out this would fit in well.besides I cant make up my mind which 4 deck controller to get. I was diggin this way back but didnt get it till now.and this was working fine,whether one,two or with the xsession added..the thing is why have a mapper up on downloads that wont work properly?

Mensajes Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 10:09 pm
Ok i give up with u Tracker ..lol

I told you to make sure you have the lates CONTROLLERS BUILD NUMBER which is currently builds ending at .791 !!!! All of the above pics shows a much earlier controllers version which of course will not solve any of your issues.
Again dont worry for the software build (the 4 first digits)..let the software running idle for a few minutes and then relaunch in order the last 3 digits to get updated.as above.

As for the Audio setup, the definition file (at least the updated one) should auto-create a proper Master+Headphones Audio setup with the ASIO drivers of the Maudio and not WAsapi. which in a way it could also solve the shutting down issue...
anyways.. this is as far as i can get with this... the solution is there, just read my posts again and try it yourself.

good luck...sorry

Mensajes Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 10:36 pm
well Im not giving up.its like my new purchase on ebay that arrived yesterday..broken.sure I can send it back,but then I wont have a newer double neck custom guitar or a jimi hendrix modeling pedal.soooo..pedal fixed and double neck on clamps ,wood glue applied (this is just an example...) okay,one problem.was'nt sure if the mAdio Asio drivers where in fact for the xponent as I also have a fast track interface? and I get a sample rate error? but will try it again,but will start safe at build 1897 now...

Mensajes Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 10:55 pm
hmm was able to reinstall lef,right again by installing build 1897 while keeping the maps but deleted device dat file.and found that infact its running with mAudio Asio drivers,though I think I have to readjust the latency because I hear some crackle.here is whats confusing. with wasapi drivers you must select line 3&4 for headphoes,but channels 1&2 the same as master.but with asio its line 1&2 for both master and headphones,but channels 3&4 for headphones,1&2 for master...now lets see if vdj shuts down,since it downloaded the definitions and remade a device dat file before I disabled the updates...if so then will go one build higher at a time...we will see if there is a bug in the build or what...

Mensajes Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 11:40 pm
82%