Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Serato vs Traktor vs Virtual DJ - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Mensajes Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 6:18 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
This is not a bug report, so I will move it to a discussion forum.

Mensajes Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 7:30 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
News Flash, VDJ has an image problem.

Default skin is too noob friendly to look credible, V8 should come (as standard) with a the all in one default skins and a pro audio skin a pro video skin and a Karaoke skin just so this 'toy' jibe can be put to rest.
I'm glad I can skin.

Mensajes Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 7:46 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The company carters to new dj's - so the skin has to be as user friendly as possible..

Serato decks are less colorful and mirror each other - no red and blue to determine each deck.

The Soft Gold skin is probably the closest I have seen of how the default skin would look without the extra colors.

But the main focus should be fixing the bugs and getting the software stable - the skin is the least..

As the host of the video concluded - it is all about personal preference and using what works for you.

Mensajes Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 12:06 am
Yes but still included the line 'looks like a toy', basically he said in a balanced way, I can't pass too much judgement on V8 as I only used it a bit and gave up because I didn't like the look. What do you think undecided software users would take from such a video? Hmm I'm going to paid the highest price (in one go) for a beginners software.

Don't mention bug fixing and the rest, this is nothing new, I wasn't trying to wish list quantum scripting , just include a couple of better skins dedicated to do one job in the MSI not JUST this noob friendly cover all bases approach that atomix ships as default, that perpetuates this 'toy' meme. Maybe if there was a more pro looking skin (as well as the present default) included as default then V8 may stand a better chance than just being view and dismissed.

Mensajes Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 1:03 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
it always amazes me how a software i judged by its look and not by its features or quality of sound ect. ....there a plenty of good alternative skins done by talented skinners if someone does not like the default one.
and to terminat further disussions ... skin is still depending on personal view....ask 5 people how it should look...and you will get 6 answers .. ;-)

peace
rob

Mensajes Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 2:05 am
RobRoy wrote :
it always amazes me how a software i judged by its look and not by its features or quality of sound ect. ....there a plenty of good alternative skins done by talented skinners if someone does not like the default one.
and to terminat further disussions ... skin is still depending on personal view....ask 5 people how it should look...and you will get 6 answers .. ;-)

peace
rob

Be happy he only judged it on skin, TLM is a turntablist.. what do you think the outcome would've been if he actually tested V8 with his serato vinyls?

Mensajes Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 3:04 am
Aye Rob it amazes me too but think what else people dismiss on looks alone, other people, Cars, Food, as it goes we, as a whole, ain't too deep.
The thing is the detractors never seem to care/notice you can dl other skins that's when including pro single purpose skins would help sway the argument.
V8 wants mass appeal not lowest common denominator simplicity,
Imagine when they (atomix) get macro record/play figured out they could have a proper hand holding, training wheels skin explaining everything, head room/limiter/all those questions that are repeated and repeated and repeated, and then the flag ship skin could be something smarter, more attractive, high end
Ask 5 people and get 6 opinions is true, but the toy meme is seriously damaging the credibility,

Mensajes Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 3:32 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Completely agree locodog, VDJ8 failed to deliver on image, FX quality and stability. We just got a decent sound engine which we should've had 10 years ago if truth be told. Maybe they'll get it right next time.

It's not even good enough for Paris Hilton (uses Traktor).

Mensajes Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 4:50 am
xgl_dj wrote :
no red and blue to determine each deck.

Granted, that is pretty "dumbed down". Like Atomix think DJs can't tell their left from their right!

As if without the colours to help us, we'd be unable to tell which deck is which. Come on!

I don't recall ever having to colour my SL1200s because I was confused about which deck was left or right. Ditto when moving to a dual CD player.

I'm sure I've never seen any other DJ kit (software or hardware) where the decks are different colours.

Mensajes Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 5:38 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
dasouth2004 wrote :
..... TLM is a turntablist.. what do you think the outcome would've been if he actually tested V8 with his serato vinyls?

same as if he would have tested se***o when the first release version were that old as VirtualDJ V8 now....;-) ;-)

Mensajes Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 7:12 am
Eugh! don't bring up bugs or another thread will descend into pointless, aimless drivel,

Is Atomix happy being the undisputed title holder of worst default gui?
It's proven Atomix staff can make some fantastic skins just the remit for the default is catering for the bottom of the food chain, do your product a favour and include a couple of non noob skins then undecided users might give V8 a more thorough trial and actually discover it's the most configurable software out there.

Mensajes Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 8:57 am
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
That is the worse thing about this forum - almost always - as soon as a users complain or have a thought of disagreement on some aspect of the software, in jumps a moderator or staff member to defend the software.

How about you guys(moderators and staff members) - sit back and listen to the areas of concern expressed by your users, take notes & log, keep track of the issues - then finally see how the company can improve upon the areas of concern.

And on instances - instead of being helpful, staff/mods become the agitators...

Mensajes Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 10:25 am
I like VDJ and on the PC side nothing can touch it when it comes to video, that's my opinion!

But it's all the other things as of late that have been really have me thinking twice anymore.

With 8 I have to use the mouse waaaay to much, can't record straight to a sample slot anymore, lack of good quailty audio and video effects, the timecode problems, the midi problems (that's just me an my Denon 5600's) and that's just to name a few.

It really does seem like Serato has an inside man and they are watching where VDJ is going wrong then redoing things but better. There are things that I can do with VDJ that no other programs can and trust and believe I have asked!!

This game of constantly waiting and updating then waiting some more and updating again because something that was working got messed up in yet another update is taking it's toll.

I'd just like to have a solid timecode or in my case my Denon 5500's work in midi mode then good quality effects (both audio and video) and keep updating those effects and I'll be good to go. I just don't have another 3 years to wait for all of that. If none of that can happen just tell us already so we can make plans and move on.........

Mensajes Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 12:39 pm
3 simple causes here:

1 - No plan or roadmap. V8 has been an implementation mess. If there was an internal beta test everyone must have missed it.
2 - Company has no respect for it's customers. We are loyal fans of the software and are offering constructive criticism.
3 - For a company boasting of having millions of active users it appears they only have 2 people coding.

Mensajes Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 3:01 pm

Mensajes Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 3:13 pm
Not sure how you figured it's derailed.......

Mensajes Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 3:32 pm
Maybe the moderators should start a thread with a poll attached. Asking what we would like to see changed give 5 or 6 choices and see how many users reply and see what bothers users the most

Start with the GUI

Mensajes Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 8:06 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

I'd like to think that 8.1 could be what 8.0 should've been, a more polished release.

Mensajes Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 8:09 pm
I been using Virtual Dj 7 more so than the 8 Version. For some reason my Controller response so much better on the 7 version. I own a Hercules Air Controller Plus. I can perform so many tricks and work the software to the point where everything falls into place. On my version 8 there are so many bugs that need to be worked out. 60% of the buttons response even with the mapper made for it. I'm not satisfied with this new version. Is there somebody out their with a mapper suitable for my controller. My controller may not be the most expensive , its how you work it. I'm a Virtual Dj Radio Dj who goes by the name DJ ROG O. Hola back if any one has a better mapper.

Mensajes Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 8:14 pm
44%