Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: No BPM and length in the database

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

tidracPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Hi,
i saw that the 8 version have now the public release und i would try it again. With the beta version i had better sound on the microphone.
Ok, but here is still a problem and i can not find a solution.
When i make a batch scan for bpm (for testing and to save time one folder only), close and start virtualdj again there are no information in the browser. I can search for titles and artists but there is no bpm and length. I tried to delete the database in the virtualdj program folder and on my external harddisk. The database on the external harddisk have the informations inside the xml file but it seems that virtualdj ignore this file. Have anybody a solution? I have no backup of my old v7 database but ok, i want to make a new database.

regards

Mensajes Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 12:54 pm
vdj8 does not erase or even use your vdj7 database should still be there unless u deleted it or told vdj to do it during an uninstall.

sounds like you could have a write permissions issue?

Mensajes Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 1:15 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Post a picture of your song browser, it might help us help you.

Mensajes Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 1:21 pm
Ok, i will post a screenshot later. Give me few minutes. I make an install of v7 and then v8 so i can use my batch file which i wrote to handel this problem in the beta status.

Ok, with no installation of v7, one database is in the programfolder where i installed and another one in the root of my external harddisk (whre my songs are).
The database in the programfolder has alway around 2kb, the one in the root of my external harddisk is growing when i make a batch bmp scan or add songs to the database but after restart vdj the bpm and lenght informations are gone. In the database in the root i saw, that the bpm is still existing.

I start vdj with administrator rights (Win7 64bit). I don't think there will be write problem.

Mensajes Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 1:35 pm
Is this the screenshot you think about?

Mensajes Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 1:40 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
That's what I was looking for, but it doesn't answer why you have the problem, it just eliminates a couple of possible causes, I'm stumped

Mensajes Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 1:53 pm
When you hover the mouse pointer over the music icon for each track (left side) is there a message saying that the track is not scanned?

It will either say Audio (if it's been scanned) or Audio Not analyzed (if it hasn't).

Mensajes Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 2:11 pm
There is "not analyzed". But i made a batch scan, bpm and length was correct but after restart vdj it is empty again.
I tried the idea with permissions and gave both database.xml change-rights for everybody. Same problem.

My workaround with vdj7 installed was a batch file which was deleting the database.xml in the user document folder (not the external harddisk) and start vdj8. The "VirtualDJ Database v6.xml" was present and so vdj8 was everytime rebuild the database from v7. But this is not a really good option to use vdj8 daily. If i have new songs i have to scan them from vdj7.

Mensajes Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 2:39 pm
maybe u could make a copy of the database after u do the scan files

close vdj

reopen it

then compare the copy of the db to the original and see if they are different
if the info is in the copy and not in the original the DB must be getting recreated on every start.
very strange problem

Mensajes Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 3:18 pm
Ok, i made a batch scan from vdj7, deleted the database.xml, started vdj8 and the scanned informations exists (but the mouse over shows "not analyzed"). If i make a restart of vdj8 without delete the database all informations are lost. I'm talking about the database.xml within the own document folder. But this is a very dirty workaround.

Mensajes Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 3:20 pm
A scan with vdj8 doesn't solve the problem.

But i tried an other option. I copied a music folder to a local harddsik (my external is connected by esata), made a batch scan, closed vdj8, deleted the music folder but not the vdj folder with the database on the drive and started vdj8. All informations exists. If i delete the vdj folder, no informations but this is logic. I have no idea. It seems to be a problem with the database and my external harddisk. But if i delete the database it can be recreated. So it can't be permissions problems.

Mensajes Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 3:46 pm
Ok, i think i solved the problem.

My external harddisk was mounted on A:, not need for floppy. Now the disk is mounted on M:, i made a batch scan, restarted vdj and what a wonder, all informations are ok. I made the test with mount A: again, database is empty, mounted on M:, database works.

If anybody want to research the behavior feel free to try it and let me know youre experience. I think the same problem will be if you use B: as mount point (the old reservations from BIOS for floppy drives). I have spent enough time today to solve this stupid problem (i hope the other points from my bug report are ready?).

Ok, not many people use A: or B: for disks but i do this but i never thought about such a stupid problem :).

I thanks you all for youre ideas and suggestions.

regards

Mensajes Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 4:06 pm
Yeah, bad idea using A or B for anything other than floppies.

Glad you solved it.

Mensajes Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 6:07 pm
Not really. I have different NAS systems at home and need logical mount points. In windows i have only letters, than the game is over not like on linux systems. I don't had used floppies since years ago. It seems that VDJ isn't scanning A (and B) for the database. In my opinion is this a bad software skill. The research for the problem was very ugly but i like VDJ.

Mensajes Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 4:32 am
when I enter a search for a song or songs, my columns don't show BPM. all there is are title, artist and remix

Mensajes Sat 10 Oct 20 @ 3:55 am

Mensajes Sat 10 Oct 20 @ 7:50 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)