Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: master tempo makes a Distortion when bpm goes up or down (video) - Page: 2

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I'm not for nor against anyone. I'm here to learn stuff.
The thing is V7 VU meters are not as accurate as V8 VU meters, what is visually noticeable doesn't make a difference sonically.
V7 probably did the same thing but because the meter's were/are slower it was never noticed because there was nothing to notice
What Adion has said makes sense. we're talking a negligible increase (it looks a lot but it only lasts milliseconds)

Whilst this could be classed as a visual annoyance, unless you do the recording experiment check with something like audacity and find that the average dB has increased then maybe you have a case.

Mensajes Wed 10 Sep 14 @ 3:27 pm
DJAVIPPRO (OEM)Member since 2016
One minute of: Pitbull Feat. John Ryan - Fireball, You can see the difference ?

Mensajes Wed 10 Sep 14 @ 3:56 pm
Yes I see a difference on the pitch shifted track some peaks are higher some some are lower, BUT IT IS MOMENTARY, those peaks are imperceptible to the human ear

now discover the average dB output for each, they'll be the same.
Carry out the same experiment with V7, you'll see the same thing.

Mensajes Wed 10 Sep 14 @ 4:48 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Is it just me or is the "original" track been cut off? The peaks at the right part are all the same. Looks like it hits the limiter or sth.

Mensajes Thu 11 Sep 14 @ 3:55 am
That will be part of the production. Or maybe the mp3 encoding.

Don't fuel this fire.

Mensajes Thu 11 Sep 14 @ 9:21 am
I noticed that when the song is in its original bpm tme master vol is stable but when i change it to +1 +2 the master vol starts jumping...

Mensajes Sat 20 Sep 14 @ 2:04 pm
ChreecePRO (OEM)Member since 2014
I am using an external mixer and i can notice the change in the volume when i change the pitch, through the VU meters. Since they are seperated from the program, they show the actual volume level. I have to adjust the gain manually from my mixer to have the same output volume for two mixed songs that are manually "pitch adjusted". It's sure a thing that it must be corrected in the algorithm (it wasn't there in v.7).

Mensajes Sat 20 Sep 14 @ 5:38 pm

Mensajes Sun 21 Sep 14 @ 3:18 pm
The real problem is that even if this issue does not really translate into disturbed sound, (here we go again), the forced LIMITER will make your track sound like crap and those effects are definitely very audible.

Mensajes Mon 22 Sep 14 @ 5:24 pm
There have been 5 new builds Since I wrote this topic and nothing has changed, So I guess that's how it's going to stay...

Mensajes Wed 24 Sep 14 @ 8:43 pm
Apparently if you put "pitchQuality" to 1 instead of 2 it's works fine...

Mensajes Sun 12 Oct 14 @ 1:17 am
As a temporary workaround it seems to do the trick.

However there is still the audio quality problem, for example, playing the same track on both decks in sync will very often results in BASS and/or HIGHS dropping. As you nudge one of the tracks back and forth you will notice different issues. I would expect the LOWs of both tracks to add up just like in VD7 but the results is quite the opposite.

Mensajes Tue 21 Oct 14 @ 2:46 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
zacek100 wrote :

However there is still the audio quality problem, for example, playing the same track on both decks in sync will very often results in BASS and/or HIGHS dropping. As you nudge one of the tracks back and forth you will notice different issues. I would expect the LOWs of both tracks to add up just like in VD7 but the results is quite the opposite.

Both at full volume? Yea that will be the limiter kicking in.

Mensajes Tue 21 Oct 14 @ 6:48 pm
bagpuss wrote :
zacek100 wrote :

try to put the gain on 0.85 db

Mensajes Tue 21 Oct 14 @ 7:14 pm
DJ SWID wrote :
bagpuss wrote :
zacek100 wrote :

try to put the gain on 0.85 db

Mensajes Tue 21 Oct 14 @ 7:15 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Or even better, use the equalizer for this to cut the bass on one of the tracks. I don't think your mixes will sound very nice if during the mix the bass is twice as loud...

Mensajes Wed 22 Oct 14 @ 7:00 am
No, the limiter is not activating. The tracks are are properly gain set and Master Vol @ 50%. This additional weird audio behaviour does not have to do with the LIMITER.

Mensajes Wed 22 Oct 14 @ 1:22 pm
Adion wrote :
Or even better, use the equalizer for this to cut the bass on one of the tracks. I don't think your mixes will sound very nice if during the mix the bass is twice as loud...

Well yes of course, however I am saying that the BASS from both decks is precisely not adding up but to the contrary it sounds like the bass is being turned down.

Mensajes Wed 22 Oct 14 @ 1:26 pm
@zacek100

sometimes that happens when tracks are lined up just right heard it many times if u adjust the speed a tad it should correct this.
think its something to do with the phase of the 2 bass tracks

this happens with vinyl, cdjs what ever medium you use

Mensajes Wed 22 Oct 14 @ 3:52 pm
Adion wrote :

What about DJs like me who work with cdj 400 with midi and djm 600 that does not control the equalizer to cut the bass ? till now with the 7 i had no problem with this setup...

Mensajes Wed 22 Oct 14 @ 11:21 pm
87%