Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Virtual DJ 8 keeps crashing :(

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi All, long time user first time poster :)

I've just started Dj'ing again so thought I would get virtual DJ 8 :) used to use 7 2/3yr ago and loved it :) I've got mega problems with it crashing and I don't know why, I've tried a few things but nothing seems to work & the crashing seems totally random, it's a good laptop so the hardware has no mega load on it, the song will continue to play but the decks freeze so I have to switch to CDs and reset the laptop, it's a major headache to the point where I dare not mix or touch the laptop incase it crashes :( I've tried a optimisation program to tune things up but it's the same or even worse, i load my music from an external usb hard drive, could that cause the crash?

Sorry for the long post, any help is most appreciated, thank you.

Mensajes Sun 28 Sep 14 @ 3:14 am
to many problems with 8 also (right now ver 8 does not work right with Denon SC3900's) which i DJ with :-( so i just installed VDJ 7 all problems went away. wont install 8 for a few years till they fix all the bugs . thats just my 2 cents

Mensajes Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 12:39 am
Ahh ok thank you, ill give that a go & just seen the one click fixes for display cards and stuff so ill install them also, fingers crossed :) thank you.

Mensajes Sat 04 Oct 14 @ 7:11 am
I'm tired of the standard reply. "It has too many issues". Honestly 8 has been very stable and if you're experiencing crashes there has to be a reason. Start with laptop specs. Then how many programs are running in the background More than likely the CPU is overloaded

Mensajes Sat 04 Oct 14 @ 1:12 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
If you are experiencing a crash it's also extremely useful to us if you can replicate it whilst you are logged into your software and connected to the internet.

This way a copy of the crash is automatically uploaded and we can then fix it ASAP :)

If it's 'freezing' then that is a bit more difficult to diagnose, but as above it would be useful to get system specs, hardware attached, media type - may even a video or something of the issue :)

Mensajes Sun 05 Oct 14 @ 8:39 am
Anybody having Music skipping problems with Vj 8?

Mensajes Sun 09 Nov 14 @ 9:56 am

Mensajes Thu 26 Mar 15 @ 9:49 pm

Mensajes Thu 26 Mar 15 @ 9:52 pm
BEwAReMPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Same problem here.
I'm using a Macbook pro (late 2010) and it keeps crashing. It freezes and the music keeps playing but as soon as it changes to next video/music it stops.
it doesn't happen with VDJ 7 but the 8 is much more user friendly and you don't have to install all the plugins.
Would love to use your system at my bar with the ContentUnlimited Video (payed for one month to try) but wont renew it till you fix this.
Hope you guys can solve this fast. Thanks

Mensajes Tue 05 May 15 @ 7:23 pm
I have VDJ8 Pro on a windows 7 laptop. Last night, during a karaoke show, VDJ simply closed three times. Also, lately the videos are skipping. A few lyrics suddlenly disappear, or the line (that moves across the lyrics) disappears while the lyrics are still there, and then, suddenly, appears again. Also, having difficulty adding a Pioneer DDJ Ergo controller. Had communication from it to the laptop, but no sound. This is getting very frustrating.

Mensajes Mon 14 Sep 15 @ 6:48 am
i have also problems with the VDJ8. As the music plays it just stops. And then i can't turn it off from the manager. So i have to restart my laptop. I am using the Gemini GMX console. It has happend almost every time i use it, at least ones

Mensajes Fri 16 Jun 17 @ 10:11 pm
You should try replacing the USB cable that connects your controller to the computer.

Mensajes Sat 17 Jun 17 @ 8:19 am
nickiPRO InfinityMember since 2015
Same here. We have 4 DJ's and they use different consoles and it happens to every one of them - always at random times. Gonna try to roll back to VDJ7.
barckodenikolas wrote :
i have also problems with the VDJ8. As the music plays it just stops. And then i can't turn it off from the manager. So i have to restart my laptop. I am using the Gemini GMX console. It has happend almost every time i use it, at least ones

Mensajes Sun 08 Apr 18 @ 2:15 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)