Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: VDJ 8 data cloud backup

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

The ability for users to change the location of their important VDJ data has been removed in VDJ 8.

It was possible in 7 to configure another folder/directory for VDJ to store the database etc. but now that's not possible.

This means that users can no longer keep their VDJ data on/in the cloud, enabling them to keep two VDJ installs in sync.

May I suggest that the data location can be set via VDJ config and stored in settings.xml so that we are not restricted to using a local folder.

Better still, give VDJ the functionality of keeping two systems in sync and checking time/date of files in a 2nd location when it starts up.

Mensajes Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 7:28 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
+1 seems like progression.

Mensajes Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 4:11 pm
A BIG +1 from me. Please developers give us a way to clone to another PC.

I have my practice PC and gig laptop. I need a simple and easy way to keep them synchronized.

I've been asking for this a long time. Here is an idea.

How about building a service on your website (and then charging VDJ users) to upload a compiled file created by a single push button on the skin. It will upload the file to your website server in the user's account.

Then when we access your site and download the file back to a second machine, and execute a command to clone it, we'll have an identical machine. I'd pay $20 for a year's service to have an easy way to sync my machines. How about it with a pretty please?

Mensajes Sat 04 Oct 14 @ 3:06 am
I have all my V7 and V8 files in my Dropbox folder and V8 works fine.

Keith

Mensajes Sat 04 Oct 14 @ 3:18 am
I'm looking for the whole sha-bang with one button push. Synchronizing hard drive folders with perhaps a matrix style drive letter program that can map my Z drive on machine 1 to the V drive on machine 2.

All settings, virtual folders, filter folders, databases, the works.

One push button will sync EVERYTHING.

Thanks in advance. May I put a rush on this request?

Mensajes Sat 04 Oct 14 @ 3:25 am
Ability to change the location of VirtualDJ files would be great. Creating a playlist on PC, having to go in Documents/VirtualDJ, copying the playlist to external drive, and reversing the process on a DJing laptop is really frustrating. Having to startup gig laptop to view the history when it could be as simple as plugging my external drive to a PC is also not user friendly at all.

So a definite +1 from me.

Mensajes Sat 04 Oct 14 @ 6:02 am
VirtualDj "Home folder" can be changed to point anywhere you want. In fact, it's the ONLY registry setting that VirtualDj 8 uses now. All other registry settings have been moved to settings.xml file.
Therefore it's quite easy to change the location where VirtualDj stores it's information now!
Personally I "sync" 6 systems via Dropbox!

PS:
For Advanced Users Only:
If you store music on your internal (system) drives and you want to sync properly data between different systems you should also study & use symbolic links in Windows OS (aka Junction points)
I won't release more info on the subject right now mostly because it's advanced stuff, and secondly because it's out of topic!

Mensajes Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 4:20 am
In which beta build did this change?

I remember Adion (I think) saying in a forum post a while ago that VDJ 8 did not use the registry, and that the data dir was fixed.

Mensajes Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 4:41 am
Groovin that was always the case. VirtualDj 8 stores 2 values on the registry, but it really need only one: The "Home Folder" path.
Other than this, (the home folder path) VirtualDj 8 does not use the registry.
Even if the registry key is removed, VirtualDj 8 will start up normally and it will re-create the key that will default to "Documents\VirtualDj" folder

Mensajes Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 4:56 am
I just found the original post - here

Adion wrote :
At this time it is not possible to change the folder it looks for for settings

So we can point it anywhere in 8 - but it will also affect VDJ 7. We can't have 7 and 8 data on separate paths.

Mensajes Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 7:10 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I use a launcher that changes the registry path and then launches the correct version :)

Mensajes Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 9:54 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)