Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Sound card

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Currently I have 2 sound cards of similar brand which are 5.1 Sound Card Creative Sound Blaster and the other is 4.1 Sound Card Creative Sound Blaster. If I will install these 2 Creative Sound Cards at the same time, will their drivers not conflict? Please guide me how to install these 2 sound cards that I have so that I could use them simultaneously. If your think these will not be compatible what is the best to do?

Mensajes Wed 01 Oct 03 @ 7:28 pm
I am not sure on the compatibility issue, but I know that there shouldn't be a conflict as long as they both use different IRQ I/O setting, which Windows will normally do for you to ensure that this doesn't happen. You didn't mention your operating system, so that is why I am guessing windows.

The best way to find out is to try it, the worst that could happen is that your system would hang up because of a conflict, in which case you would just remove one of the offending sound cads and restart the system.

Regards;

Redman247

Mensajes Wed 01 Oct 03 @ 8:19 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
They drivers shouldn`t generate any kind of conflict but since i don`t use 2 sound cards i can`t be sure..

Mensajes Wed 01 Oct 03 @ 8:27 pm
my operating system window xp professional...
anyway,im glad to hear from you,thank you very much for giving me an idea.

thanks and more power!!!

Mensajes Wed 01 Oct 03 @ 9:35 pm
nscodeHome userMember since 2003
If you do have some problems, try to disable game ports on one or both cards. That sometimes works for me.

Mensajes Thu 02 Oct 03 @ 7:15 am
well by them both being sounblaster card the system will see them as one card so the second card will not work correctly, u will need a card that is not made by blaster, or take one card and configure the software to use front and rear for both channels

Mensajes Thu 02 Oct 03 @ 8:00 am
well, thank you dj's to all your advises, i really appreciate it,
you know i learn a lot from you.thanks & more powers!!!

Mensajes Thu 02 Oct 03 @ 1:37 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I suggest you to use one 3D soundcard instead of using 2 sound cards.

Mensajes Thu 02 Oct 03 @ 3:32 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)