Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: VST Effects & VDJ8? - Page: 2

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
Yet nothing shows up in VDJ.

Try this:

1. Copy the "Glitch2.component" file into the following location: Macintosh HD > Library > Audio > Plug-Ins > Components
2. Copy the "Glitch2.vst" file into the following location: Documents > VirtualDJ > Plugins64 > SoundEffect
3. Rename "Glitch2.vst" to "Glitch2.bundle"
4. Copy the entire "Glitch2_Presets" folder to a common location that can be easily accessed, such as your Documents folder.

I haven't tested this, but VDJ at least saw glitch and opened it's GUI :)

Mensajes Fri 02 Sep 16 @ 10:24 am
Thanks Scott, ill try this out tonight.

Mensajes Fri 02 Sep 16 @ 2:43 pm
SBDJ wrote :
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
Yet nothing shows up in VDJ.

Try this:

1. Copy the "Glitch2.component" file into the following location: Macintosh HD > Library > Audio > Plug-Ins > Components
2. Copy the "Glitch2.vst" file into the following location: Documents > VirtualDJ > Plugins64 > SoundEffect
3. Rename "Glitch2.vst" to "Glitch2.bundle"
4. Copy the entire "Glitch2_Presets" folder to a common location that can be easily accessed, such as your Documents folder.

I haven't tested this, but VDJ at least saw glitch and opened it's GUI :)

Haha!! Your a master!! Glitch shows up and plays perfectly!!

Thanks Scott!

Mensajes Sat 03 Sep 16 @ 1:02 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Is it recalling presets? Saving presets?
I may have to look again.

Mensajes Sat 03 Sep 16 @ 1:19 am
I haven't saved any but yes it does recall presets.

I can't save because Im using the demo but if I were to buy it I could save my presets.

Mensajes Sat 03 Sep 16 @ 1:23 am
Speaking of Glitch. I just purchase Stutter edit in it's 2 day mega sale. I wonder how well that will work in virtual DJ, with the use of a midi keyboard to trigger it's gestures. I doubt it'll work as it's not set up like a standard VST FX.

Mensajes Sat 03 Sep 16 @ 2:51 am
Give it a try - if you can't get it to open a MIDI device in the VST itself, then try using the MIDI to VST functionality in VDJ to route a detected MIDI device to a VST on a deck :)

To do that, right click the controller and choose a deck from the "MIDI to VST" menu. Very useful for playing VST instruments directly on a deck!

Mensajes Sat 03 Sep 16 @ 10:16 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Nobody will need VSTs soon, because Atomix are going to release a new version focusing on plugins, which will bring VDJ up to par with the likes of Serato and Rekordbox DJ in the FX department.

Mensajes Mon 05 Sep 16 @ 2:22 am
bagpuss wrote :
Nobody will need VSTs soon, because Atomix are going to release a new version focusing on plugins, which will bring VDJ up to par with the likes of Serato and Rekordbox DJ in the FX department.

You do realise that Serato teamed up with iztope for their effects.

Personally i'm fine with vdj8 fx but I wouldn't expect anything like Stutter edit or Ozone 7 quality limiting/emulation coming to VDJ soon. Stutter edit is £200 on it's own Ozone £400+. We don't need VST but having the feature there is a great one.

Mensajes Mon 05 Sep 16 @ 1:12 pm
I do, hence why its VDJ's move. The game is turning into musical chairs, within 3 years someone's going to be out and I hope it's not VDJ.

Mensajes Mon 05 Sep 16 @ 1:50 pm
Well if it happens we'll all be screwed because as soon as those servers are switched off VDJ won't work any more.

That's one of the dangers of server side authentication.

I have software that is probably 20 years old I can still install the good old fashioned way and it works every time.

Mensajes Mon 05 Sep 16 @ 2:04 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Well if it happens we'll all be screwed because as soon as those servers are switched off VDJ won't work any more.

I'm certain customers wouldn't be left in that position :)

Mensajes Mon 05 Sep 16 @ 6:14 pm
I doubt VDJ is going any where, too many people use it. There's still a lot of money to be made from the brand, even if the current team got bored, someone would buy it out or put a new team in.

There's plenty of room for the big 3 and ableton on the DAW performance side.

Edit: sorry 4 Rekordbox is fast becoming a fully fledged contender... Perhaps why we seen Serato shift its focus to Denon.

Mensajes Mon 05 Sep 16 @ 9:51 pm
Serato, Denon, Numark are all under the same ownership now. So you've got two giants in the software business: Rekordbox and Serato. These platforms have massive development and marketing budget's, not to mention tailored hardware, where they can easily lock out the support of 3rd party programs should they wish to. This puts alot of companies in a venerable position, especially as we look ahead 3-4 years.

Mensajes Tue 06 Sep 16 @ 1:06 am
bagpuss wrote :

By comments of others, it sounds like I'll have to be online at gigs to use the FX, is that so?

Mensajes Tue 06 Sep 16 @ 4:43 am
That was just speculation by bagpuss, and there is absolutely no 'online requirement' for anything anyway - it's still possible to use VDJ on a computer that has never ever seen the internet.

Mensajes Tue 06 Sep 16 @ 8:03 am
That's good news. My DJ laptop hss never seen the internet.

Mensajes Tue 06 Sep 16 @ 11:02 pm
i have 30 vst and have them mapped to the apc 80.. yes the 80 is a 40 and a apc 2 bolted together and uses custom coding for each side. I have to thank a few people for the original walk though .. Like Max and talya and others. Dev team.. This thing rocks so well that One day I might even post a youtube video on it.. Point is vst are unlimited . I have to admit I cant wait to make a second custom screen that locks it down so I can see what im doing ..

Mensajes Thu 08 Sep 16 @ 8:50 pm
krn3kiPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Any other recommendations that are compatible with VDJ 8.2?

Turnado seems to have a lot of effects, but I just cannot find those that EDM DJ's are using on their gigs, especially for hyping up crowd (e.g. that echo-delay-filter-reverb effect, especially in big room, progressive and electro house sets).

Mensajes Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 2:13 pm
krn3ki wrote :
those that EDM DJ's are using on their gigs

Chances are that these DJs are either using different software (most other DJ s/w doesn't support VSTs) or they're using hardware - probably Pioneer.

Mensajes Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 6:01 pm
85%