Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: Gain on DDJ-SX2 - Page: 2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
As of builds ending at .983 (or higher) the GAIN knobs of the DDJ-SX2 should work fine inside the "working area". Even if its not a 100% solution, it should now be possible to work properly with them.

For those who have created a custom mapping, make sure both GAIN and GAIN2 are mapped like the default mapping.

Mensajes Wed 20 May 15 @ 12:28 am
ChreecePRO (OEM)Member since 2014
Tested but it seems no difference to me... The gain follows the graphical gain but the sound output reacts as it was. A little change makes a drastical effect in the output level when you first move the knob

Mensajes Sun 24 May 15 @ 2:50 am
moramaxPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
the sx2 works in internal mixer mode. (it's used the internal mixer of virtualdj).
The new definition and mapper resolve the problem of before where the gain hardware knob of the console did not correspond with the gain knob of the skin
But now the problem has been resolved and there is correspondence of Both and . If the graphic on the skin matches with the hardware knob of the console, the adjustment must operate
maybe you don't like the default setting of the option "gainsliderincludesAutoGain". Try to set this option to "no"

settings--->options---->gainsliderincludesAutoGain---->no

Mensajes Sun 24 May 15 @ 5:15 am
Definitely a lot better for me. Did you remember to change the GAIN and GAIN2 code in your mapper as well?

I don't use the auto gain in VDJ as i run all my MP3s through the MP3gain program first.

Mensajes Sun 24 May 15 @ 5:26 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Definitely a lot better for me. Did you remember to change the GAIN and GAIN2 code in your mapper as well?

the new default mapper already includes the GAIN and GAIN2.
Of course of it is used a custom mapper where the GAIN and GAIN2 are not mapped correctly, In this case just edit or add:

GAIN--->var 'hwmixer' ? nothing : param_smaller 80% ? gain : nothing
GAIN2---->var 'hwmixer' ? nothing : param_bigger 80% ? gain : nothing

or use the fatctory default mapper

Off topic
please, someone can do this test (not related to the gain problem):

1) Open Virtualdj 8
2) do not load any song (the decks must be free)
2) move the volume faders up and down...then look the the faders on the skin.

do you see jumps movements of the faders of the skin?

Mensajes Sun 24 May 15 @ 5:33 am
I see jumps.

Mensajes Tue 26 May 15 @ 1:15 pm
godj30349 wrote :
I see jumps.

yes it 's a problem related to the firmware...but we found a cure
please edit the mapper:

LED_VOLUME----->var 'hwmixer' ? nothing : play ? get_level : blink 10ms ? constant 0.01 : constant 0.0

It should resolve the problem

Mensajes Tue 26 May 15 @ 1:29 pm
ChreecePRO (OEM)Member since 2014
The problem with the gains hasn't been resolved. I tried everything that has been here suggested.
If i move the gains during playback there is an instant sound level change (lower or greater), and then it's a gratual change if you move them more.

Mensajes Sun 05 Jul 15 @ 7:52 am
Same problem here. I decided to try out VDJ again (been using serato) and I LOVE Virtual DJ except for this trim knob issue. It is the only thing keeping me from switching. You barely touch the knob and the volume jumps dramatically.

Mensajes Wed 10 Jan 18 @ 1:44 pm
....and in VDJ the controllerTakeoverMode is set to - what?

Mensajes Wed 10 Jan 18 @ 6:17 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)