Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Windows 10? - Page: 4

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

How are you able to play in a club, using a controller, with a home version, since home versions only work for 10 minutes with a controller?

Mensajes Sun 03 Jan 16 @ 6:37 pm
It's a Pro Version I've been using for a while now. Just won't load when required in Windows 10.

Mensajes Sun 03 Jan 16 @ 6:42 pm
If you purchased a pro license and it does not load, it's because it's not registered. Please contact support so they can help you with this issue.

Mensajes Sun 03 Jan 16 @ 6:50 pm
hi KAG
I have 8 gig of ram in an acer aspire 5733
processor is intel core i3-380M
top of the range dualcore with 750gig hdd so its not like its under powered :)
my other gig laptop is the same since an upgrade in both systems ive encountered problems again
both my controllers time out like home versions of vdj even tho I am a pro user with a full license
so basically if someone out there can share their settings with me ide be a happy bunny as I don't really want to go down the route of going over to tracktor

Mensajes Sun 03 Jan 16 @ 9:52 pm
and before anyone suggests yet another usb cable its been changed several times so its not the cables
it seems there is an awfull lot of vdj users out there experiencing problems with controllers disconnecting on a regular basis someone must have an idea by now where the problems lie

Mensajes Sun 03 Jan 16 @ 9:55 pm
Are you logged into the software?

Failing to log in will me you are using the Home version of the software.

Mensajes Sun 03 Jan 16 @ 10:09 pm
as far as I know I'm logged in the software loads my log in as my email address on start up
how do I check ?

Mensajes Sun 03 Jan 16 @ 10:18 pm
splash screen on load up shows vdj 7 registered to myself with my email address

Mensajes Sun 03 Jan 16 @ 10:20 pm
come to think about it , problems also started when my licence changed from pro edition to infinity edition , is there a difference in these licences that alter the way a controller is allowed to be used ? limiting the time a controller can be used like home editions do ?

Mensajes Wed 06 Jan 16 @ 2:00 pm
markb7611 wrote :
splash screen on load up shows vdj 7 registered to myself with my email address

Are you running v7?

Then it's a different story.
In v7 you don't login to validate your license. That came with v8.
In v7 you download a different pro version of the v7 software (not the home edition) and validate it using your license key
The pro edition should be available to you at your license page here
http://virtualdj.com/users/edit.html (look under my licenses)

Mensajes Wed 06 Jan 16 @ 4:26 pm
hi Klaus
yes I am running version 7
thank you for posting the licence link I will take a look and try that out hopefully that might correct the problems I am having with system freezing and I will update in due course
happy new yr to all :)

Mensajes Wed 06 Jan 16 @ 4:31 pm
the licences I currently hold are as follows
vdj 8 pro
vdj 7 pro v7.1 & v7.4.7
vdj 7 LE (4mx)
vdj 7 LE came with my other controller the American audio VMS 4.1 but I cant seem to find the product code for that installation

Mensajes Wed 06 Jan 16 @ 4:46 pm
If you are still having this issue, I would remove the LE versions, and do a fresh install. Maybe there's a conflict.

Mensajes Wed 06 Jan 16 @ 7:12 pm
that is my next step
I have just tried my back up gig laptop without anti virus installed etc only programme now installed is vdj and obviously my console drivers it lasted 2 hrs again the froze .
I will delete all vdj versions now and do a reinstall of 7.1 and take it from there
god I hate being a digi dj now lol

Mensajes Wed 06 Jan 16 @ 8:29 pm
update
ive re installed version 7.1 it required a log in why is that ? I thought only 8 did that
it crashed again just under 2 hrs
not a very happy bunny at the moment

Mensajes Thu 07 Jan 16 @ 4:55 pm
Did you clean the registry of the old versions? Why are you using 7.1 instead of the latest version?

Mensajes Thu 07 Jan 16 @ 6:02 pm
how do I clean the reg ? not clued up on that kind of thing :( I need an expert to remotely figure out my problem hint hint :)
I don't like version 8 I cant get along with it :( and tbh I find version 7 a lot more stable ..... well it was until an update caused me all this trouble grrrrr.

Mensajes Thu 07 Jan 16 @ 6:16 pm
I don't have win 10, and to be honest I have forgotten about version 7. I can understand that version 8 may be new to you, but it is quite stable for thousands of DJs.
If the software is timing out on you at a specific time period, it sounds like you are running a home version which could still be present on your computer. If you are having crashes, that is a different story, and we need to work on those separately. Have you contacted support?

Mensajes Thu 07 Jan 16 @ 6:39 pm
yes I have contacted support and was advised to ask in the forums for help :(
I call it a crash because it completely locks up always around the 2hr mark
ive downloaded the vdj reg tool but without knowing what to safely do I'm dubious to press the clean button incase it screws up my system and I lose my music files

Mensajes Thu 07 Jan 16 @ 7:18 pm
I must add that this problem also existed in windows 7 I updated to 10 thinking it was a windows problem that might just cure itself with a simple upgrade but obviously I'm wrong :(
reading through the posts it seems I'm not alone with this problem but nobody seems to want to share settings advice on settings or the cure to this problem if found

Mensajes Thu 07 Jan 16 @ 7:24 pm
86%