Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Database Info getting lost

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

So I just plugged my gig drive into my home computer, and about 15% (a few thousand) tracks are showing as unscanned.

It also seems that moving folders causes this, even after refreshing/restarting VDJ...you move the folder/file path and now VDJ behaves as if it's never seen the file, that it's newly added.

This isn't good enough.

Mensajes Sat 04 Jul 15 @ 1:34 pm
how are you moving the files / folders e.g using your pc explorer or using VDJ file operations?

From my experience the only way to be sure a file / folder keeps all the VDJ settings - scan data / poi's etc is to use the VDJ file operations tab.

hope that helps a bit !

Mensajes Sat 04 Jul 15 @ 7:31 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Most programs work like this. If you don't move the files within that software, how can you expect it to know where they are?
I know there is a way in 7 to fix the missing files.
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Error%20loading%20song.html

I'm not sure where the option is in 8 right now.

Mensajes Sun 05 Jul 15 @ 2:20 pm

I moved the folders within the browser of the software, and all file info is lost, and as far as I know there's no option to "check" the database for moved files.

Mensajes Sun 05 Jul 15 @ 4:54 pm
in that case I'm lost as to why - bit worrying though if its a program fault as I am always moving files and folders to different drives !

Mensajes Sun 05 Jul 15 @ 6:54 pm

One folder was renamed (within VDJ) and all info in that folder was lost, I tried reverting to its original name but no luck. Another folder was moved from one sub folder to another, but the route folder was the same, same result, all database info vanished.

Mensajes Sun 05 Jul 15 @ 7:03 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)